Forza Motorspot 7 wins Best Racing Game of the show @E3

• Thread starter mrPetros
  • 72 comments
Forza 7 is hardly an upgrade from Forza 6. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but seriously. If the award were named "Most innovative racing game", GT Sport and Project CARS 2 would have won easily. Forza 7 is hardly innovative. At the same time, it seems to be going the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" way that GT6 did. So maybe they were afraid to give the award to games that are attempting too many new things and instead chose something they knew for a fact would not fail.

Forza 7 is hardly innovative.

I don't know that any of the 3 are really innovative.

Neither FM7 or GTS are exactly pushing the boundaries when it comes to racing games so I'm not sure "innovative" fits either of those. PCars on the other hand is making lots of promises, but it's only innovation if you successfully pull if off, which is the big question mark over that game (as far as consoles are concerned).

Forza 7 is hardly an upgrade from Forza 6. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but seriously. If the award were named "Most innovative racing game", GT Sport and Project CARS 2 would have won easily. Forza 7 is hardly innovative. At the same time, it seems to be going the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" way that GT6 did. So maybe they were afraid to give the award to games that are attempting too many new things and instead chose something they knew for a fact would not fail.

Game of the Show is based on presentation; it's not some kind of final review.

Erm - In what way GTS and especially pc2 are innovative?They would have won "easily"? LOL - they have no substance as of yet,especially pc2.With T10 and FM we KNOW what we getting,while with GTS is might be another GT5 and with pc2..well,i dont trust them at all after pc1 fiasco.
Would like to know what is that "innovative" can be in current racing games-upgradeable,customizable spaceships?Or go Acitvision CoD route?
FM7 is more than just "If it ain't broke, don't fix it",but then again,when you say its not "innovative",how can you see it?
Just wonder how those other few games can be more innovative,when they barely have cars to drive ?

Some people are STILL butthurt over Forza 7 winning the award? Haha! Seriously? It's a Presentation Award, no dev had persented their racing game like T10 did at E3 so go cry to them instead of saying "why Forza doesn't deserve tese a wards". And really, we're gonna throw in "innovation" now... Yeah we're just gonna lie to ourselves and say the other two games have "innovation" and Forza doesn't without any proper explanation why.....

seh6p.gif

I bet any one if any other racing game at E3 had this award, some will be singing about it all day long until they're finally burnt out on it. Trust me, it's very common on the net when it comes to one's favorite francise(s). I don't speak much but ugh, the internet sometimes... :rolleyes:

bf3
Would like to know what is that "innovative" can be in current racing games-upgradeable,customizable spaceships?
GT6 had a moon buggy. Next Forza I want to see helicopter DLC and a graffiti editor to ensure track accuracy. :D

Well done to T10. As for the others... Not entirely sure what GTS is doing or what direction they are taking, the way they seem to have gone is if rather than have Forza 4 after 3, we got Forza Horizon, but they called it Forza 4. GTS just isn't Gran Turismo, it is something else entirely.

PCars2 is an exciting prospect, but it is merely that until it is released and can be tested. Pcars1 was an almost unplayable bugged mess, and rather than properly fix it they just moved on to 2. Bad form.

Not that any of this is really relevant to the thread, it's just that whilst Forza can generally be relied upon to deliver a solid experience representable by it's E3 presentation, the other two really need to be taken with a pinch of salt because of their history. That's not to take a dump on their potential or eventual qualities, but it must be in the back of the heads of the judges.

I know if I was one and had the experience of Pcars1 on the x-box that I actually had then it would definitely be in the back of my head whilst viewing Pcars2.

GT6 had a moon buggy. Next Forza I want to see helicopter DLC and a graffiti editor to ensure track accuracy. :D

To late.Older Forzas already had that "car" from Halo,also had atomic car from Fallout,so...Again,T10+Forza ahead :D

@430_Riviera - spot on mate,very nicely put and very true,unfortunately we will still see blind people who just posting usual bs,but its part of the fun i guess on GTP :D

I'm curious for the randoms that keep jumping in to say FM shouldn't have won, for one of you to give an actual reason why, besides "no fair money" and unbacked claims of innovation.

I would like to hear someone state how in the crap GTS or PC2 could be justified to win. How, as a judge, you wouldn't consider the fact that PC2 might be unplayable, and GTS might not come out this year, based on both of their histories?
Why risk your reputation in the gaming world like that? Claiming these games look better or have better presentations, all while knowing either or both might completely bomb out, or drop features before release?
I sure as hell wouldn't. That's just asking to be made a fool of.

Now, as a former MASSIVE GT fanboy, I used to think these awards were stupid, and possibly even bought by MS or T10, but that was before I played an FM game.
These guys make solid games that deliver, over and over again. As a reviewer or judge, why put your money or vote on anything less?

No racing game is more promising in overall content and quality than FM7 at the moment, not even close.
IF-(that's a big if) PC2 or GTS deliver the best possible scenario, it is possible for one or both to end up great games, but I know of very little features or content either game "might" have that FM won't.
At the end of the day, that's the bread winner.

Back