Forza Patch Notes #4

• Thread starter Jube3
  • 31 comments
So they are going to ban people for doing something they put in the game?

AND what if I unknowingly post a leaderboard time with a tune (a tune I cannot check BTW) downloaded from the Storefront that includes the tranny "cheat". Will this then mean I'm vulnerable to the ban hammer? I would assume not but I read nothing that states otherwise.

AND what if I unknowingly post a leaderboard time with a tune (a tune I cannot check BTW) downloaded from the Storefront that includes the tranny "cheat". Will this then mean I'm vulnerable to the ban hammer? I would assume not but I read nothing that states otherwise.

Yet another reason (and quite an unbelievably valid one at that) why locked tunes and designs should be optional...just as they were in 2.

"Stickier drag strips in drag mode, including the inclusion of peak tire temperatures at the beginning of race."

Seems like we were hearing this one from day 1.

The drag strip (Sedona at least, I don't know if the Benchmark High Speed Ring's strip is improved, it probably shouldn't be actually) is definitely stickier. I ran about .7 seconds faster with my A600 '69 Camaro with the new patch in the quarter.

what exactly is the transmission glitch??

Edit: nevermind...youtube is my friend...

Last edited:
OMG. I'm lost... What is a hopper?
Why do I get banned for something they have patched already and how should I know if I have the tranny thing, anyways?
:odd:

OMG. I'm lost... What is a hopper?
Why do I get banned for something they have patched already and how should I know if I have the tranny thing, anyways?
:odd:

The worse case scenario is you purchase a tune from the Storefront and it has the transmission glitch (I personally don't know what the glitch is/was), it isn't like the "seller" is going to have it listed...because that's just begging for attention and seeing as you can't modify damn near anything brought from the Storefront without having it erased you're at a severe handicap. If you were to post a top time using a vehicle with that specific exploit they would know, and you'd be banned as a result.

In that sense it's asinine as to be perfectly frank, it's really obnoxious as well.

the transmission glitch (I personally don't know what the glitch is/was)
basically it involves buying the full racing transmission...then adjusting the gears...you then go back to the upgrade shop and swap in the old stock transmission....the gear ratios you edited stay there....but the performance index of your car goes back down...

Wrong drivetrain.:dunce:
add it to the list of cars with the wrong specs that will never be fixed...like Viper GTS-R's weighing 400lbs more than they should and missing 2 Cylinders and 1.8L worth of engine! lol

basically it involves buying the full racing transmission...then adjusting the gears...you then go back to the upgrade shop and swap in the old stock transmission....the gear ratios you edited stay there....but the performance index of your car goes back down...

add it to the list of cars with the wrong specs that will never be fixed...like Viper GTS-R's weighing 400lbs more than they should and missing 2 Cylinders and 1.8L worth of engine! lol

I never even noticed that. :lol:

About the glitch, that's kind of retarded that I'm being threatened with a permanent ban because you were lazy and funked up the code in some fashion.

yeah...they basically gave every GTS-R a copy and past spec job from the Zakspeed car that used to run in the 24hour races at the Ring...they tried to skirt under the rules by swapping out the 8.0L V10 for a 6.2L V8 and adding some weight...so that is the ONLY GTS-R that should have those specs...the rest of the cars should have 8L V10's and weigh less...but instead of getting most of the cars right and one car wrong, Turn 10 took the baffling route and got most of the cars wrong and one of them right lol!!

About the glitch, that's kind of retarded that I'm being threatened with a permanent ban because you were lazy and funked up the code in some fashion.
agreed COMPLETELY...before knowing this glitch existed...i actually performed it without knowing by removing a race transmission to help bring a car back down a class to compete in a race...never even noticed the gears didn't go back to default!....this is just crap coding...players should not be punished for it...

OH, I see. Was hoping it to be something more complex, but... that's just silly. So they basically threaten to ban you for tuning! I mean I have not much clue what I do there anyways, other than trying to make the car drive a little nicer.
Also have downloaded a couple of tunes from storefront. :banghead:

Yeah... are they crazy?

agreed COMPLETELY...before knowing this glitch existed...i actually performed it without knowing by removing a race transmission to help bring a car back down a class to compete in a race...never even noticed the gears didn't go back to default!....this is just crap coding...players should not be punished for it...

Same here.. it's just what you naturally do, when you start tuning.

How on earth can they ban anyone for their crap coding, that surely can't be legal?

Technically they can ban you for any reason they want since it's a private network(just like Jordan could ban you here for any reason he wants). However it is a bad business practice.

Technically they can ban you for any reason they want since it's a private network(just like Jordan could ban you here for any reason he wants). However it is a bad business practice.

Yeah true, except I actually paid 250 Euros + Live fee, to play that [insert word] game with online functionality. :dunce:

I take it they would only ban you if you do a top time tho... but what top 10, top 100?? Also really frustrating as I was sneaking up on a few top times already, but now I just gotta stop chasing, cause I have no clue if my tunings are borked.

People are using this spec sheet to say it is AWD. However near the bottom is says that the SS comes with a special service contract that includes new technical innovations. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those innovations was to convert it to RWD if they liked.

Even if that was the case, it still would be a "special service" allowing a RWD not a standard trim.

Apparently nothing.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/3714012/3714298/ShowThread.aspx#3714298

People are using this spec sheet to say it is AWD. However near the bottom is says that the SS comes with a special service contract that includes new technical innovations. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those innovations was to convert it to RWD if they liked.

i cant find anything on that spec sheet that would lead you to believe it would be converted to RWD....it simply states that the owner would be allowed to have "innovations" installed on the car....

actually i think Turn 10 is just flat out wrong...every credible source says its AWD...even Bugatti's own spec sheet...and then Che the "community manager" comes in and says basically "its RWD and we don't have to prove it" lol....total fail Turn 10....total fail!!

Last edited:
Edonis' version of the car was fitted with a RWD transaxle, so given that a tuner has a transmission that would work with it there is a chance that Bugatti actually made some (and the fact that they raced RWD versions of the car means its quite likely a customer asked for his to be converted).

The real important thing is this - WHO CARES? Go buy the AWD conversion, do a stage 2 weight reduction and then be happy that your virtual car is how the real one should have been.

Edonis' version of the car was fitted with a RWD transaxle, so given that a tuner has a transmission that would work with it there is a chance that Bugatti actually made some (and the fact that they raced RWD versions of the car means its quite likely a customer asked for his to be converted).
so besides the fact that every credible source (including Bugatti's spec sheet) lists the car is either AWD or four wheel drive were gonna go with "its possible" that "some" were RWD? lol...

The real important thing is this - WHO CARES? Go buy the AWD conversion, do a stage 2 weight reduction and then be happy that your virtual car is how the real one should have been.
So you're cool with developers having potentially gross inaccuracies in the specs of their cars as long as i can go spend my in-game credits to FIX a mistake that should never have been made in the first place??

Apparently the SLS in GT5 is front wheel drive.

Edonis' version of the car was fitted with a RWD transaxle, so given that a tuner has a transmission that would work with it there is a chance that Bugatti actually made some

The Edonis shares one thing in common with the EB110 - the carbon fibre tub (which was actually made by French aircraft manufacturer Aerospatiale).

(and the fact that they raced RWD versions of the car means its quite likely a customer asked for his to be converted).

Oh, they raced them but guess what? They were 4WD.

EB110SS ran at Le Mans in 1994 in the GT1 class (run for Michael Hommell, driven by JC Bouillon). 4WD
EB110SS run in the 1995 American WSC GT series in the GTS-1 class (owned by Gildo Pallanca-Pastor, driven by him, Derek Hill, Olivier Grouillard and Patrick Tambay) and Le Mans in 1996 in GT1. 4WD

(I note that the QV500 website, which seems to be the source of all the "it was RWD" claims, says that Hommell's car was 4WD, but a GT - AutoSport agrees it was 4WD but disagrees in that it's an SS. I also note that the QV500 website refers to Pallanca-Pastor's car as "a lightweight, two-wheel drive SS", but Derek Hill who actually drove the sodding car talks about how the 4WD system meant that when the track started getting wet and the Porsches were slipping and sliding, he "gobbled them up" thanks to his traction advantage out of corners)

The real important thing is this - WHO CARES?

In terms of accuracy, I'd imagine the creators of the definitive racing game ought to.

However, the important thing isn't that the mistake occurred - mistakes occur everywhere in games to varying degrees. Hell, the Volvo 240GLT in GT4 is about 75% heavier than it ought to be. The important thing is that T10/FM forums have shut down all discussion about it with an outright lie - that all EB110SSs are RWD - and edited the original thread title to make the thread starter look like an idiot.

T10 need to have a quick browse of TheAdminZone to work out how to moderate forums. The error (if indeed it is - there is nothing to say that the car they used wasn't RWD) doesn't reflect badly on the game - the treatment the discussion of it reflects badly on them.

Back