Forza Patch Notes #4

• Thread starter Jube3
  • 31 comments
That is the bottom line,

There is always the possibility that the car was modelled from a RWD variant in the wild, but why on earth they didn't explain this when it launched, giving some reasoning for the decision, I cannot fathom.

To react as they have, is probably one of the worst examples of their unprofessionalism to date. I didn't mind the slight lack of polish of the game at launch since we had a credible leak that had indicated the game was being released in a small time frame and serious pressure was on the team, but now things are settled, even I can't find an excuse for how this has been handled.

The RWD in-game car is a great car, well balanced, lots of grip and a joy to drive, shame that a few correct words from T10 could have averted all this discussion.

If I may add to this: I'm a bit sad how things turned out at T10. I was very fond of FM2, mainly because I had a bunch of good guys I had much fun racing online.

But the official T10 forums always seemed like a peculiar place at times. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there always was a sense of elitism around I never quite liked.

How things went, it got a bit too competitive amongst tuners and hot lappers, and the community spirit went out of the window somehow. There were "them" and "us" and official T10 moderators did very little to keep an open spirit alive.

As with the glitches and bugs and errors and handling these issues: You can't really blame people for being people. Having strong opinions, voicing them loudly, being biased.

You can't really blame them for cutting corners to get ahead of the competition, and that includes using exploits. Be it the tranny glitch or the money glitch, Microsoft has this nice little term that it basically allows them to ban any user for whatever reason they think of.

Now that's not ok in my book, because by subscribing to Live, you have two parties agreeing to a contract and both parties have their responsibilities. By local law, Microsoft is by no means entitled to withdraw from the contract - or ban a user on their "don't exploit glitches" policy.

Anyways, I hope that still a lot of you guys can have a good time. But things must be desperate at T10 if they continue to behave like the obviously do at the moment.

Back