Forza vs GT6 Trailer Comparison

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 215 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako

I will upload the gameplay comparison probably a day after E3 2013, Subscribe to keep track of GT6 videos and Forza 5 :D

Update: With no real gameplay video of GT6 at E3 2013, it's unfair to compare games from off-screen angle. if you find Gran Turismo 6 gameplay video that isn't off-screen, let me know!
i made a E3 2013 Trailer Comparison, let me know which trailer is more impressive.

Last edited:
jokergif.gif

In the GT6 trailer I see old cars. Many of them 20+ years old, executing boring corners in a very boring fashion. In the Forza trailer I see the P1, one of the newest and most exciting cars in the world. The newest car in the GT6 trailer is a 4 door electric car by Tesla.

Polyphony Digital just doesnt get it. Forza does

And of course Forza looks many many times better, as expected.

I see a PS3 game compared to a Next Gen Xbox game.

Yup, wish PD would have opted for the next gen. If FM turns out to be as good as its expected to be, then I fear all GT is going to be doing is playing a game of catch-up.

I don't know the reasons why they chose the ps3 over next gen, and I'm not going to pretend.. But if all the hype is correct about these next gens, then I feel GT6 would have had much more opportunities if it was actually on them.

Yup, wish PD would have opted for the next gen. If FM turns out to be as good as its expected to be, then I fear all GT is going to be doing is playing a game of catch-up.

I don't know the reasons why they chose the ps3 over next gen, and I'm not going to pretend.. But if all the hype is correct about these next gens, then I feel GT6 would have had much more opportunities if it was actually on them.

I only said that because it should be obvious that FM5 will be better at just about everything even it's only due to the massive RAM advantage.

I still think GT6 will be on the PS4 eventually and as far as playing catch up goes, well, depends on how you look at it.

I only said that because it should be obvious that FM5 will be better at just about everything even it's only due to the massive RAM advantage.

I still think GT6 will be on the PS4 eventually and as far as playing catch up goes, well, depends on how you look at it.

Yeah, I was just speaking hypothetically. Main reason I said that is because its going I be behind a generation for a while. When and if gt6 does come to the ps4 its going to be a fresh installment to the next gen, all the while Forza can work out its quirks of being on a new system.

All assumptions as I don't know much about anything related to the hardware, or hell even computer technology in general.

Yeah, I was just speaking hypothetically. Main reason I said that is because its going I be behind a generation for a while. When and if gt6 does come to the ps4 its going to be a fresh installment to the next gen, all the while Forza can work out its quirks of being on a new system.

All assumptions as I don't know much about anything related to the hardware, or hell even computer technology in general.

You and I both. The only reason I know a bit about RAM is because I had a friend explain to me what the difference is between 512mb and 8gb of it when he was playing Arma II. HA HA!

Was that a Nitrous boost near the end on the Forza trailer?

Really can't tell much about either game from either trailer.

As for the older cars vs the newest car. Both games need to have old and new and both games will. Forza IMO puts a bit to much focus on modern super cars and GT puts a bit to much focus of Japanese cars but both have a good selection of cars. Gt in general is a bit better in terms of cars in that it includes F1, Kart, Rally maybe Forza will add some of this as well?

Yeah, just a backfire I think. I haven't seen the vid with sound yet, due to people sleeping around my house, but the way it "pops" visually says backfire to me.

Outside of Fast & Furious, nitrous does not cause flames, so the answer is no!
Tell that to the folks who do the NFS titles.

Could be a backfire while shifting of course but the car does seem to gain a lot of ground so just wondering

Was that a Nitrous boost near the end on the Forza trailer?

Really can't tell much about either game from either trailer.

As for the older cars vs the newest car. Both games need to have old and new and both games will. Forza IMO puts a bit to much focus on modern super cars and GT puts a bit to much focus of Japanese cars but both have a good selection of cars. Gt in general is a bit better in terms of cars in that it includes F1, Kart, Rally maybe Forza will add some of this as well?

You really think so? I've tried to come up with 10 wishlist cars for Forza 5 in the thread here but cant, because most are already in Forza 4. 2 F1 cars, 2 karts, and a couple of premium rally cars does not make a better car list. And lets not get started with Porsche

I had a friend explain to me what the difference is between 512mb and 8gb of it when he was playing Arma II. HA HA!

Ram doesn't exactly make a better game. Now the fact that there is a faster CPU may be a major thing. RAM is great for multitasking on a computer, like how you run a Operating system and a internet browser. It's basically the same with a console but only with a operating system and games. The ram will make the game seem faster generally relating to FPS and frame performance but graphically, no. The graphics card and the CPU do the majority of work.

Now if you were talking about video card ram then that's something I would love to see a lot of.

Ram doesn't exactly make a better game. Now the fact that there is a faster CPU may be a major thing. RAM is great for multitasking on a computer, like how you run a Operating system and a internet browser. It's basically the same with a console but only with a operating system and games. The ram will make the game seem faster generally relating to FPS and frame performance but graphically, no. The graphics card and the CPU do the majority of work.

Now if you were talking about video card ram then that's something I would love to see a lot of.

So the fact that both the PS4 and Xbox1 have unified RAM means little to you then?

The consoles have 8GB of RAM that is accessable by both the CPU and GPU (which are both on the same die in this case, as it turns out). It's not like a PC with 8GB system RAM, nor is it like a PC with an 8GB graphics card. It's different.

There's a lot of great things you can do with an abundance of RAM, not limited to preloading content to minimise load times and using really high resolution textures (and lots of varied textures. Goodbye tiling on roads and grass!). It's not just a "moar FPS" thing. Clever developers will use it in clever ways.

So don't restrict yourself to what you think you know about desktop PCs. Consoles are not the same at all.

You really think so? I've tried to come up with 10 wishlist cars for Forza 5 in the thread here but cant, because most are already in Forza 4. 2 F1 cars, 2 karts, and a couple of premium rally cars does not make a better car list. And lets not get started with Porsche

2 rally cars? There are lots of rally cars in GT and there are even places to drive them and they have dirt and snow tires as well. in addition to the 2 F1s you also have the FGT and then there is the X1.

The thing is that there is more variety in GT both in the types of cars and the types of tracks to drive them on. There is also more consistency in the car performance from one version to another no Porsches unfortunately but in Forza you never know what you are going to get from one game to the next even with the same car. example Porsche 962C
In Forza 2 a good solid car reasonably fast handles very good and could lay down some very good lap times on Nurburgring.
In Forza 3 same car handles very good, not very fast always runs dead last on Nurburgring.
In Forza 4 same car is super fast and handles absolutely horribly.
In Forza 5? Will it be the fastest of all the R1 cars on circuts or will it be the slowest or somewhere in the middle. There is no way to know until we drive it as it clearly has nothing to do with the actual spec of the real car nor the way it was portrayed in the previous versions of Forza.

2 rally cars? There are lots of rally cars in GT and there are even places to drive them and they have dirt and snow tires as well. in addition to the 2 F1s you also have the FGT and then there is the X1.

Yep. GT definitely has Forza beat on imaginary cars. Personally, that's not exactly a positive point.

but in Forza you never know what you are going to get from one game to the next even with the same car. example Porsche 962C
In Forza 2 a good solid car reasonably fast handles very good and could lay down some very good lap times on Nurburgring.
In Forza 3 same car handles very good, not very fast always runs dead last on Nurburgring.
In Forza 5? Will it be the fastest of all the R1 cars on circuts or will it be the slowest or somewhere in the middle. There is no way to know until we drive it as it clearly has nothing to do with the actual spec of the real car nor the way it was portrayed in the previous version of Forza.

Perhaps that has to do with, oh, I don't know, the massively changed physics engine from one game to the next? Cars in GT5 have changed their behaviours a few times now, just from patches PD sends out that fiddle with the physics. It should be expected that a car that's seemingly the same will have a different attitude when the physics engine is different, in any franchise's progression.

example Porsche 962C

I would suspect that this is more down to the driver's ability to drive an extremely fast and powerful race car under more realistic physics.

As I recall, the TVR Speed 12 used to be a monster of a car in GT1. Possibly best car in the game.

Turns out, in real life it has so much power that it's a complete dog. Which is far more accurately reflected in later GTs, where it's a complete prick to drive.

Hmm. I must admit I've always been a GT-guy, but I'm also looking on the FM-side of things and they definitely have done some of the things a little better in the past. But ... am I the only one that is a little underwhelmed about that FM5-trailer?

I mean, a fictional city track? Ok, maybe to show off what the new console can do. Of course, it's also clear that the car models are incredibly detailed.

And still ... just 2 cars on track? You would think that being able to put 20 or 30 cars on track is something you would highlight, but ... nada. Gameplay also looked very arcade-like (maybe to appeal to a broader audience). Looks to me like a bit of a rush job and that not a lot of the final product is finished yet.

The Forza trailer looks like Project Gotham Racing. I really like PGR but I don't think they should advertise Forza Motorsport that way.

I would suspect that this is more down to the driver's ability to drive an extremely fast and powerful race car under more realistic physics.
Definitely not the case the car is drastically different. In Forza 2 it will do a top speed of just under 200 MPH and sticks to the road very well as it should. On Nurburgring it was near the top of the leaderboard along with the F333 and Audi R10.
In Forza 3 it was not very fast compared to the other R1 cars and in the endurance race the AI driving it would be miles behind the other cars every time. Where on Forza 2 the car way in the back would always be the Toyota GT1.
In Forza 4 the car does 270 mph when tuned for top speed!!! that is 70mph faster and it handles like absolute garbage even when tuned for max grip by far the worst of any R1 in any of the Forza games.

It is not just this car either I have saw the same type of thing with several cars in versions of Forza. The S7 Saleen in Forza 2 was glued to the road thanks to being able to have near 700lbs of downforce on the rear wing but as of Forza 3 the max downforce for that car is like 100lbs and the handling is no where near as good.
The F50GT was a beast on Forza 2 dominating the leaderboards beaten only by R1 cars on most circuts. On Forza 3 and 4 it is a non factor. The same is true for many other cars.

And no this has nothing to do with this drivers lack of ability to drive them if anything I am much better now than before it is simply that the cars are that much different.

In GT6 I expect the general performance of the cars to be the same as the were in GT5 and GT4. Basically you know what to expect in GT and in Forza it is a roll of the dice.

Last edited:
GT6 will still have much better driving mechanics and more realistic physics.
I play both GT and FM and I have to say that GT beats out Forza's Physics and car handling by a very very large amount. It will be exciting to see what both games do good and do bad in. I will say that forza 4 was the worst of the series while my fav is forza 2.

In forza 4 I couldn't drive straight without the rear of the car wobbling all over the place, they better make the physics engine 10x better then 4 or else I wouldn't buy it. On another note I have never considered forza to be an actual racing sim but rather a fast arcade racing game.
Still looking forward to GT6 more then Forza 5 tho.

Last edited:
The Forza trailer looks like Project Gotham Racing. I really like PGR but I don't think they should advertise Forza Motorsport that way.

Very true, if you didn't know the series, you would think it was an arcade racer more than a simulation.

Exciting times, a new GT and a new Forza coming this year. Sadly, I won't be playing Forza 5 for a while simply because I will not be buying the new Xbox yet.

Very true, if you didn't know the series, you would think it was an arcade racer more than a simulation.

Exciting times, a new GT and a new Forza coming this year. Sadly, I won't be playing Forza 5 for a while simply because I will not be buying the new Xbox yet.
I may not be playing FM5 at all if they do not have support for the Fanatec wheel. Absolutely no way am I going to buy a new Xbox and a new wheel just for Forza.

GT6 will still have much better driving mechanics and more realistic physics.
How can you tell? Neither game is out yet.

In forza 4 I couldn't drive straight without the rear of the car wobbling all over the place, they better make the physics engine 10x better then 4 or else I wouldn't buy it. On another note I have never considered forza to be an actual racing sim but rather a fast arcade racing game.
Still looking forward to GT6 more then Forza 5 tho.

So Forza 4 is way worse, in terms of physics, because you cant seem to keep the rear in check?

I never understood how some people can have such a hard time with this game. I know everyone's not the same, but I've hardly had any problems with the rear braking lose on cars, as extreme as you make it sound. Only class I would have a problem with is cars I've intentionally over powered, or anything above S class.

ImaRobot
I never understood how some people can have such a hard time with this game. I know everyone's not the same, but I've hardly had any problems with the rear braking lose on cars, as extreme as you make it sound. Only class I would have a problem with is cars I've intentionally over powered, or anything above S class.

Yes true the only time I had problems with oversteering cars in FM4 was with cars 1 class before S class. As soon as I hit above the s level on a car ha the sh... hit the fan ha lol. Not exactly it jus felt that when playing FM4 the cars jump around to much and are way too touchy. I dont know what FM5 will drive like we'll have to wait and see how well cars handle when the demos come out for both GT6 & FM5.

Last edited:
There's a lot of great things you can do with an abundance of RAM, not limited to preloading content to minimise load times and using really high resolution textures (and lots of varied textures. Goodbye tiling on roads and grass!). It's not just a "moar FPS" thing. Clever developers will use it in clever ways.

Yeah, I seemed kind of vague in that post. I also didn't touch on how draw distances will be greater due to the above.

GT6 will still have much better driving mechanics and more realistic physics. [INSERT SENTENCES TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A LOGICAL POST]

How do you get this from a trailer that we all know, falsely identifies the Forza Motorsport series?

You also say that you can't drive straight in FM4 without the car moving all over the place... Have you driven a real car?

Last edited:
Back