Forza

I saw the Forza Motorsports (XBox's GT4 killer) video today and it looks quite impressive. I have been a GT fan since the first entry in the series. Do you think that Forza poses any threats to GT4? I'm worried that Forza will be the top name instead of GT.

GT Obsession
I saw the Forza Motorsports (XBox's GT4 killer) video today and it looks quite impressive. I have been a GT fan since the first entry in the series. Do you think that Forza poses any threats to GT4? I'm worried that Forza will be the top name instead of GT.

I hope No xbox game Get on top over Gt4, i will be disappointed, this game is too good to lose in its 4th game, so i hope not, and dont worry so much, it freaks me out.
:scared:

Naw, Gt4 will beat forza. I have seen the pics of forza and read about it, But it will atract to xbox owners. Since I have bolth a ps2 and a xbox I might get bolth.

No, not really. Since both games aren't on the same console, people will buy the game that runs on their system. The thing is that the GT series has gained a respectable name for itself whereas Forza is starting from scratch. I know that I'm going to get GT4 almost as soon as it comes out because it's almost gaurenteed to be an excellent game, if I was thinking about Forza, I'd rent it first. Anyway, I know which one I'm getting.

icemanshooter23
Forza has no chance, Gt4 will be the best racing game, period.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I am not underestimating Forza. It looks incredibly good from a graphics standpoint, but we'll have to see abou the actual game itself. I hope game makers have learned enough about how to make a good racing game after the failures of sega gt and games like that which try to emulate the GT series. So im actually looking forward to this game. I dont know why people rag on the xbox so much, its not THAT bad...
👍

Eagle
Anyone who says Forza doesn't have a chance or is going to suck is stupid, period.

I guess so...But if you had both systems, or you knew someone who has both system, which one would you buy/recommend?

That earlier comment was stupid... I haven't even looked twice at Forza...

Ive seen some replay's of Forza at first I was worried but then I saw other videos of Forza and I wasnt that impresed. I even think Enthusia looks better than Forza. So It cant hold a candle against GT4.

Eagle
Anyone who says Forza doesn't have a chance or is going to suck is stupid, period.

Eagle, just because someone dosen't like Forza, or don't think it has a chance in taking on GT4, dosen't make him stupid. Just because your opinion is of a different view dosen't make the other person stupid.

I have never heard about Forza, so I can't really say. But I don't see GT4 being taken down so easily. It is probably one of the most anticipated racing game ever.

Yes, yes the graphics are good, mainly becuase its the Xbox but do you really think its gameplay can stand up to GT4. I'm not so sure about that.

I was searching it up and I think it looks great! Here is a screenshot.

1150-1-l.jpg

I like the color! :) Especailly teal I think it look nice.

Im not sure why its not working but here it is.

Attachments

• forza.jpg
    forza.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 269
That doesnt look to bad, I think GT4 has more of a realistic look to it. The front bar where the intercooler is looks like they just plasted a texture across it. In GT4 the intercooler texture is recessed back into the front bar.

The trees look nice.

godzilla_GTR
It has the two things GT4 is missing.Damge and bodykits.It could be close

GT4 is confirmed to have Aero kits for most of the cars in the game.... Personally, I don't care about damage....

;)

Forza will only around 150 cars and the main seller for the game is the visual customizing to every car and the inclusion of Ferrari and porsche.

It wont be on the same lvl as GT4 but it should be between PGR2 and GT4

godzilla_GTR
GT4 doesn't have bodykits.......It has racing mods.I would rather have bodykits.

Wrong.... It does have aero kits.... Meaning the kits are all functional (and not crazy ricey kits like NFSU)... It may also have official racing modifications, and I'm sure it does. However, Aero kits are indeed a part of GT4.....

;)

rollazn
Eagle, just because someone dosen't like Forza, or don't think it has a chance in taking on GT4, dosen't make him stupid. Just because your opinion is of a different view dosen't make the other person stupid.

No, that person is stupid if they're trying to pass judgement on a game that doesn't even exist yet. People are already declaring GT4 will own Forza - it probably will, but no one has any idea until both games launch. Maybe GT4 will launch with more bugs than Windows 95. Sound impossible? Look at the problems with server browsing in Pandora Tomorrow. Anything can happen. Maybe GT4 will never launch. There's so many possible eventualities, you can bet on a most likely one, but you can't declare it the right one until time runs it's course.

If I owned both consoles I'd do what code's gonna do - buy both and enjoy them for what they are - individual video games. I don't own both consoles, so I'll con one of my friends with an Xbox into buying one and then play there.

It's funny how you guys can argue about what, of two games, is the best one when both haven't even been released yet. With that, I say Metal Gear Solid Three: Snake Eater will be the best one.

Can u please post a link to the aero kits comfirmation Silvia drifter?I have wanted bodykits and drag racing ever since th second GT.How come the oppening movie on the arcade disk for GT2 is like the same graphics as the GT3 oppening movie?

Comedy, I love the GT4 fans who are allready saying it won't be as good HAW HAW! How do they know? I certainly don't. Here's an idea wait for it to come out, play it, THEN make your mind up! I've said it a million times, I'll say it again, I'm getting both.

actually, from what i heard, Forza will be 60 fps in game, and 30 fps during replays.
heres a good in game shot of Forza
920720_20040510_screen012.jpg

as you can see it does look very clean. If they can get the physics and the AI right, they could have a good franchise.
Personally i'll be getting both GT4 and Forza since i got both consoles anyway.
I just hope i can get enough time to play them

Look at those graphics. GT4 is turning heads because of the graphics upgrade they have done on it. Even with the screens of the Shelby with the visible driver, that Forza screenshot ^ looks intense. More lifelike. However, Forza is allowing you to add more import type bodykits and what not along the lines of NFSU. But, it is going to be a sim anyways.

Buying an XBOX for this game crossed my mind, but I feel like I'm betraying GT since it is something that I have always loved. I feel bad if I give in to the likes of Microsoft.

Back