Forza

forza-motorsport-20040722083212823-000.jpg

Still think that redhed. There's more were that came from. If I'm going to pay $50 for a game it better look good.

I'll get both but I said the same for PGR2 wich i no longer own.

I'm going to sound a little like an Xbox fanboy, but seriously I'm not. I bought a ps2 just for GT3 and GT4.

The thing about the way most Xbox games do lighting now is that it has a very different look than PS2 lighting. I'm not saying it is better or worse, but I found(especially in PGR2) the effects weren't noticable or just looked really weird until you saw the game.

I think GT4 still has a realism advantage for the most part, but there will be things in Forza that you just will not see in any ps2 game. Also I'm not sure what is going to happen with the wheel, but gameplay(on track) is the one area that the Forza developers have actually talked about. So there is every reason to believe the gameplay will be up to par.

And you can mod the interia in forza.lok at the pic on the previous page comparing GT4 with forza and look at the eclipse.You can se a set of gouges on the a pillar!

Forsa may have more "car" detail but the environmetal effects are nothing special.....those pics on the previous page just show how even GT3 was on par with forza.....plus the eclipse looks **** in that pic in forza...where is the reflection...GT4 even has the heat effect (maybe by accident!)...but it still looks better...

Forza looks too fake...everything is so clean...the cars look like clay with no reflections......

Gran Turismo...........forever!!!!!!!!!

Robin

edit:.......look also at the reflection of the eclipses rear window wiper in the glass :eek: :eek: amazin stuff!

Seeing the latest pics of Las Vegas from GT4... I think Forza tried to take a bite at something a little too big...

And that's why companies like Poly try not to give too many details and screenshots/videos... so that wannabe GTs out there don't get to go so far... Forza will probably be entertaining... but somehow, i have a feeling it'll be very arcady just like Project Gotham...

^ I totally agree with that........Forza is a wanabee GT......trying to copy scraps of info that PD release.......what next.....photo mode in Forza :lol: :lol: :lol:

I downloaded a couple of vids of Forza from www.kikizo.com about a month ago, and the cars looked shiny as they were moving. I don't know why that isn't shown in these still pictures.

redhed17
I downloaded a couple of vids of Forza from www.kikizo.com about a month ago, and the cars looked shiny as they were moving. I don't know why that isn't shown in these still pictures.

I think Forza is quite far behind in development compared to GT4.....Forza has only been around for a couple of months where as GT4 has been worked on for nearly 2 years......I expect the Forza will look ALOT different has it continues to progess......Just like GT4 has since prologue

Robin

hmmmmm.......nah! they still don't look as good as GT4.....you don't actually see anything in the reflections.....they are just bland, they don't have any detail such as trees, bulidings or track (eventhough, yes i know in the pic there are no trees/ bulidings around.....just for you smart ppl who will catch me out :lol: ).......they still don't look up to GT reflection standard........

GT forever!

Robin

Damn that A6 must be chrome or something, check the sheen. I must admit I've read up on Forza aswell as enthusia (PS2 only, looks impressive) and I like the thought going into Forza, many little details are being implemented which adds to the whole racing experience.

Question? Anyone seen the vid where the silver car does donuts (in GT4) on a track and all you see is the white smoke? That looked kinda weird imo without any rubber being laid down. I love GT but I wish they would include the little details to make it "The Real Driving Simulator".

I'm also liking what I see of enthusia. :)

RedOak
Seeing the latest pics of Las Vegas from GT4... I think Forza tried to take a bite at something a little too big...

And that's why companies like Poly try not to give too many details and screenshots/videos... so that wannabe GTs out there don't get to go so far... Forza will probably be entertaining... but somehow, i have a feeling it'll be very arcady just like Project Gotham...
Forza is not actually competing with GT4 since they both are on different platforms, X-Box owners will buy Forza and PS2 owners will buy GT4, people who own both consoles will probably buy GT4, or both. As for Forza being arcadey, I've read a few previews that say it's very realistic so it's nothing like PGR2 in terms of driving physics.

_aj
Question? Anyone seen the vid where the silver car does donuts (in GT4) on a track and all you see is the white smoke? That looked kinda weird imo without any rubber being laid down. I love GT but I wish they would include the little details to make it "The Real Driving Simulator".)
I've seen pretty much every vid of GT4 and I don't recall there ever being a car doing donuts or there ever being a lot of smoke, infact there isn't much smoke in any GT game and GT4 so far is no different, I've seen cars doing donuts in Forza vids.

we are on GT Planet and suprisingly people think GT4 will be the better game..........

I bought a PS2 for GT3, nothing else, i bought an XBOX when i heard conkers was coming out... But NO ONE here can say forza is stupid etc, no one has played it, and I'm sure even Microsoft wouldnt be dumb enough to release a game that rivals Gt4 and doesnt play any where near as good...

I thought the relections on A6 were pretty good. One of the vids has a Ferrari, and with the see through windows, as the camera goes high you can see the engine in the engine bay.

I think you can see it in the 2nd video in this link;

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200405/043.asp?f=043.asp

One of the most realistic car vids was the Skyline in the Enthusia vid. The tiny movements of the suspension really add to the believabilty. :)

I can't find a link to the Enthusia video though. :(

With GT4 and enthusia being PS2 exclusives, is perhaps the PS2 the best console for racers?

edit: live4speed it was definitely a GT4 vid, basically the silver car came flying down the straight, slowed down and through a handbrake turn on, then did some donuts and trawled off the track onto the grass then back onto the track and the vid ended.

The PS2 has always been the best console for driving, as was the PSOne before it.

Has the Gamecube actually got any driving games?

The Xbox has got 1 or 2 exclusive driving games, but a lot of them are also on the PS2.

Funnily enough though, I like the the XBox controller for playing racing games, so if a game is on both I'll get the XBox version.

But for the biggest range of games and of course the GT series, the PS2 is the one to have, if you can only have one.

I've been a hardcore GT fan since GT2 and I think GT4 will be better. BUT Forza will IMO be a serious competitor to GT4 for the driving simulator crown and here's why:

-Forza will have Porshe and Ferrari, something GT4 will probably miss. This is not a factor for GT fans like me(But it might be :grumpy: ) but it is for the average joe.

- Forza might have only 150 cars, but they will all be interesting ( No Fiat Puntos and the likes with 50 hp or 5 versions of the Lancer Evo VII :grumpy: )

-And Forza's gameplay might be close to GT4's.

And remember that the pressure is on PD, because it's always hard to conquer a title, but harder to keep it.

See Ya :sly:

Even look at the hud in Forza. It is almost directly copied from GT. I really think that they are ripping stuff from GT just to make the game look better.

Couple things guys, first Forza is not something Microsoft just decided to make recently. It has been in development for over two years which is about as much time as GT4.

Second, it is not an arcade game. Every single report and preview claims this game will surpass both GT4 and Enthusia in terms of physics simulation. I'm not saying it will be more fun, but it isn't going to be some sort of kiddie sim/ NFSU 2 alternate.

Darin
PGR is not a simulator.

GT series IS.

I was thinking more grapics wise. But yea pgr isn't a simulater. Since I haven't played the game or have sean the videos, Im judging it just by the grapics. I know that games are more than just graphics, but it shure helps to have good graphics
:D !

Do you think that Forza poses any threats to GT4? I'm worried that Forza will be the top name instead of GT.

Without a decent Force Feedback wheel Forza just wont be on the same level as GT4. With Logitech saying the Xbox wasnt designed to support such a feature in a wheel seems to undermine the whole 'GT Killer' aspect Forza is supposed to deliver. Dont get me wrong, if you dont have a wheel it may make very little difference to you and Forza could be everything GT is and more but if your a sim fan, chances are you have a wheel and set up to really enjoy what makes Gran Turismo(and other PC sims) great. IMO superior control will win out over shinny graphics and bump mapping anytime.
That being said I cant wait for Forza as well. Im just a bit disapointed about the whole wheel issue. My DF Pro has spoiled me so :sly:

heres an interview with one of the devs, looks interesting

-Fantastic-looking car models - Each car use up to 15,000 polygons each
Over 200 cars from 60 different manufacturers (unconfirmed yet) - BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Honda, Mazda, Mercedes-benz, Nissan, Porsche and Ferrari

-Rip apart and rebuild cars however you desire - means swapping suspension systems, tyres, engine parts etc.

-Also able to install entirely new engines - size restraints are a factor but if its possible in the real world the option will be there to do it in the game

-Change visual appeal of your cars - body kits, bonnet scoops, spoilers etc.

-All changes will have an impact on the car handling.

-Aesthetic add-ons - colour scheme (that you can create yourself), stickers, decals ( that you can create yourself as well)

-Car trading online (through Xbox live0 is an aspect the team is thinking of adding

-Car damage affects car handling

-The only two officially confirmed tracks anr Nurburgring and Laguna Seca

-Innovative piece of technology called Drivatar AI. This alows you to teach your computer-controlled team mates to drive like you, for example, aggressively or defensively. This means that the opponent AI is also very human in performance

Points from interview with lead programmer Garrett Young and game designer Dan Greenawalt
"The GT series paved the way for us. Without the success Polyphony has had, we would not have had the oppurtunity yo create Forza. Although we are taking the racing sim genre in a bit of a different direction"

"We will be honoured by any comparisons gamers make between Forza and GT4"

"One of the most powerful tools in Forza is our custom paint and decal editor. Players can place manufacturer decals, text or vinyl shapes anywhere on the car - online, every car should look totally unique. On top of that, we've licensed real world tuner kits for real-world tuner cars"

"How can you make a simulator without damage? We approached the manufacturers early on in the product cycle with full mock-ups of our damage as well as design docs to make sure they understood how and why we were including damage"

On car selection - "We used the top 100 car lists from magazines such as EVO magazine and fan sites to come up with our top cars"

"With damage and customisable parts, our cars take several weeks to build. We've invested considerably in each car in the game. Based on out production plans and vehicle specs, shooting for 200+ cars made the most sense to us"

On Live features - "The ability to win money for single-player car upgrades and customisation while online. The ability to bring cars created and customised in single-player into the online space. The ability to trade theses cars and connect up with other enthusiasts in car clubs are all interesting innovations"

On the DRIVATAR AI - "There are a lot of ways to advance in Forza. The ability to train AI Drivatars and then compete with/against them is another great example of many things there are to do in the game. Not many game companies have over 50,000 passionate employees to draw inspiration from. Even fewer have research departments spread around the world including PhD AI developers incubating great ideas such as learning AI - Microsoft does. The technology behind learning AI in games was brought to us by our Microsoft research team in Cambridge. They are not game developers, but rather technology developers that have been working on the problem of learning AI systems for many years"

Back