found this curious video of keiichi tsuchiya on gts

• Thread starter alexnipi
  • 78 comments
Nice find! Too bad I have no idea what he is saying. Looked like the non-linear throttle caught him by surprise. I'm guessing with his access to real cars and tracks, he doesn't play games too much.

Very cool that she beat his time!

Watching that video, this comes to mind
90598ef8-2fe3-4c90-b280-aca81c49dd08_screenshot.jpg

It's interesting that the narrator at one part roughly said how doridori has"the same accel, line, and steering pattern as real life" (take that translation with a grain of salt the words just sounded somewhat understandable after years of anime :lol:)
:lol: Was that before or after they changed tyres from SH to RH. He seems much more comfortable after the switch.

iurytrew.png

:lol: Was that before or after they changed tyres from SH to RH. He seems much more comfortable after the switch.

View attachment 750998
It was when he was on RH comparing it to real life :)

Although I think I saw the HUD displaying RS
The girl named Chocoblanka (it is her official Twitter account name by the way) is known as professional E-sport gamer in Japan. Already watched the video and surprised that both final lap times are actually pretty close!
Ooohhhh gonna follow her :D

Edit: jk she's a fighting game pro I thought she's a racing pro :dunce:

The girl named Chocoblanka (it is her official Twitter account name by the way) is known as professional E-sport gamer in Japan. Already watched the video and surprised that both final lap times are actually pretty close!
And Momochi's girlfriend :)

Can I say he engaged to her :cheers:

Oof... :scared: :lol:

Actually, it would be nice if PD did sort of "time attack challenge" in Sport mode where player try to beat pro drivers lap times and compete with other players online for fastest lap times in monthly basis, thus this event does not related to FIA Championships in any kind. It is simply just an average monthly rankings. The challenge would feature random pro drivers in monthly cycle. For example, this month featured DK/Keiichi Tsuchiya set a target lap time in Tsukuba using GT86 , then next month will feature another pro driver in certain tracks and car then so on. Entrance will be limited that you were given a chance to enter in few days or week. Afterwards you can't participate. Then for anyone who finally beat the target lap times and get to the first rank at the end of the month will get a prize car and lots of credits. That also applied to second and third but the prize car were instead replaced with another items such as special livery/decal, rims or even racing suit. Other rank below will usually get a prize as thank you gift for participating but usually not as big as the higher rank. Maybe paint chips, some credits or mileage points.

Those were just my thoughts by the way. Guess Sport mode would be more interesting if there is such event.

Actually, it would be nice if PD did sort of "time attack challenge" in Sport mode where player try to beat pro drivers lap times and compete with other players online for fastest lap times in monthly basis, thus this event does not related to FIA Championships in any kind. It is simply just an average monthly rankings. The challenge would feature random pro drivers in monthly cycle. For example, this month featured DK/Keiichi Tsuchiya set a target lap time in Tsukuba using GT86 , then next month will feature another pro driver in certain tracks and car then so on. Entrance will be limited that you were given a chance to enter in few days or week. Afterwards you can't participate. Then for anyone who finally beat the target lap times and get to the first rank at the end of the month will get a prize car and lots of credits. That also applied to second and third but the prize car were instead replaced with another items such as special livery/decal, rims or even racing suit. Other rank below will usually get a prize as thank you gift for participating but usually not as big as the higher rank. Maybe paint chips, some credits or mileage points.

Those were just my thoughts by the way. Guess Sport mode would be more interesting if there is such event.
Well, we can try and beat DK's time on our own :D
It'd still be relevant if we post out times here :3 there's also Hamilton's Nurburgring reference lap, which for some reason never got a sequel...

The list people I want to see is Alonso and Lewis and Gasley and also jack aitken. I want vettel back and some super GT driver, fomurla D too lol

I felt really terrible watching DK struggle with the horrendous tire model. Watching him failing to correct even slightest oversteer is real pain. He literally could not drive the car as he would in the real life. Now, no one can say GTS is okay. He even needed the traction control to be turned on to "match" his lap time and also Racing Hard tyres.

I am pretty sure him and Kaz are friends as DK was also present at some race show playing GT Sport at the official booth and obviously all the things around Best Motoring. I wish they talked about DK's impressions of GT Sport. He should just join the development...

Good thing he was not trying to drift, that would look really stupid.

Last edited:
Its painful to watch till one point where Tsuchiya-san wanna clutch kick to get Revs up for faster final corner turning, but then the CLUTCH is GRAN TURISMO IS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA That does sums up alot about ReaLism.

and that tyre model, slicks to mimick real life behavior tf
I think he wantes to shift up with the clutch and shifter, but GTS doesn't allow that without the H-pattern

No. What he did is clutch kick to quickly jump-up the revs. Old drift technique used for low-powered cars, used in old Best Motoring a lot.

Of course, GTS being a GT cannot understand that.
Ahhh. But yeah it still needs an H-pattern so you can clutch kick without the game "forgetting" your gear and putting it to neutral :lol:

Latest Posts

Back