Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Forza Racing Series Guide

DQLmG.jpg

By reading and participating in the FRS you acknowledge that you have a firm understanding of the expectations within these events and you accept that these rulings can be changed at any time for any reason deemed necessary.

Wait, FRS? Why aren't you calling it the WRS?

Simply put, this is the brainchild of my own experience running competitions in other racing titles. Something on such a grand scale as this I wouldn't want it constantly being compared to another piece of work. I've been working on this since September and there's a lot planned but it's going to require time and patience. As for a formal, less convoluted answer: I've named it "FRS" as this is a different forum, a different community and naming it WRS would, to me, be relying on our sister site for assistance and I, possibly more than Jordan himself, want FP to be it's own entity.

That's not really less convoluted, is it? Okay, how's this: I wanted things to be unique!

How can I take part in the FRS?

Before you can take part in any round of the FRS you must first qualify. All information pertaining to the official Registry Qualifier can be found here. You must be accepted in to the Registry before you begin participating.

What is the FRS?

The Forza Racing Series is a series of events which will occur every Tuesday. New race details will be posted by myself or one of the FRS Admins (once they've been appointed), and all details pertaining to the week's event will be posted in the relative thread(s) and each event will run for approximately one week.

What can you expect?

The FRS will consist of chosen events from within Rivals Mode, the Event List and Free Run-based time trials.

Will there be Divisions?

Absolutely. They are as follows:

Division 1 Masters
Division 2 Professional
Division 3 Expert

The Division titles are color-coded for a reason, and if you wish to see the colors, hit the "Quote" button and take note. Retaining the "Gold", "Silver", and "Bronze" subtitles between each division, you will be required (if you chose to list your division standing within your signature) to color code it properly. Example: Division 3 Expert Bronze, or in shorthand: D3E Bronze

Are we allowed to tune?

That's entirely dependent on the event itself, more often than not you will be allowed to tune within the limitations of what the event entails though.

Ugh...what if I can't tune?

Visit the Tuning Forum, make a formal ASAP tuning request, or if you're pressed for time use the Storefront you foolish person.

How does this all work?

Short answer: run until you feel you can go no faster than your fastest clean lap, submit that time and begin participating in the FRS. Long answer: Once you've reached your outer most threshold of speed and can go no faster, submit your lap time in the format according to the rules in the relevant thread, outlined in the "What's the format for submitting times, and who do I send them to?" section of this guide, then us organizers will discuss your time, call you a fool (we won't really call you a fool), and we will then post the results for everyone to see once the deadline has come to... And call you a fool. Everyone participating will be required to save their replays and submit them to their Storefront for verification purposes. If at any point things are a bit behind schedule just be patient as that's bound to happen sooner or later.

How do I post/view a replay?

- At the post-race screen go to "Save Replay", once done you'll enter the Replay Theater where you can select an empty slot (if one isn't available delete something you no longer need), and name the replay accordingly, such as "FRS Week 1". Once saved you'll be prompted, asking whether or not you want to upload the replay to your Storefront, of course the answer is "Yes", so hit "A". From there you can assign any one of several keywords, and add a short description - and that's it.

Wait a minute, I don't have that person on my friend's list, what do I do?

- Go to the Community tab, proceed to the Storefront, and go to "Browse Replays", and go through all of the options until you arrive at "Gamertag", from there you can manually search for the person's replay if the need arises.

Do I have to view other players' replays?

- Strictly speaking? No. However, the quicker every participant has his/her replay verified, the quicker things will progress in every sense of the matter. Further information on this matter can be found here.

How do I avoid submitting a dirty lap?

- By staying within the immediate confines of the track. If your lap is invalidated you'll know, as a caution symbol "/!\" will stand to the right of your time denoting such. It's advised that you review your replays before submission as any invalidated time submissions will either be penalized, or disqualified.

Of course, the invalidation prompt is not without it's own shortcomings, as long as you stay within the immediate confines of the track, that's no less than 2 wheels touching the track surface as defined by the event parameters, then your current lap will be considered legal. If your lap is invalidated before crossing the start/finish line either before officially beginning the hot lap session, or a new lap (as in you veer off track, or more than two wheels are not within contact of the actual track surface) that lap will not count.

What's the format for submitting times, and who do I send them to?

- All qualifying entries are to be submitted via the Qualifier Submission Form.

- All weekly entries are to be submitted via the Weekly Submission Form.

When submitting your entry make sure you select the appropriate Division standing as you, and only you, the participant will be held accountable for entries submitted. So, remember to double check and if necessary... triple check.

What if I'm faster than everyone else in my Division, can I be promoted to another, and if so how does that work?

Competing over and above your current division, consistently and over a sustained period of time will see you move up the divisions quite quickly. If you think you've earned a promotion, then the FRS Admins will have noticed it. If you're consistently winning your division and competing with the divisions above you, then your performances will not go unnoticed. Just don't expect 2 good performances to mean that you will instantly be promoted. Doing well in different varieties (like FF, RWD. City track, circuit, low powered or high powered) will also help your case.

Promotion to D1 Masters is quite different to other promotions, this is the ultimate division and will contain the fastest drivers in the community. Don't expect to get in to D1M just by winning that week (or a special event), you will need to win the event quite a few times and have consistently shown you are D1M material. Don't think that this is a slight on you and your performances, just that D1M will be held in a very high regard as some of the drivers here will be running to within hundredths of the quickest possible time.

I've been accepted! Now what do I do?

Look in this forum for active race events, they will be stuck for easy finding. An important aspect worth making note of is there are no obligations to the FRS - you can participate when you want as often you want. Simply put, if you hate the track and/or vehicle combination, or if you simply don't feel very competitive all you have to do is wait until that competitive spirit has come back to you, or in the case of the former wait until the following week. No need for formalities whatsoever.

Can I submit my weekly entry multiple times?

Absolutely. The last time submitted by the deadline is what will be used, so make sure it counts!

What if I've submitted my time after the deadline?

Your time will be rejected.

I've submitted the wrong time. Help!

In the unfortunate event this occurs you will be allowed to re-submit the correct time providing you notify the FRS Administrators within 12 hours from the end of the original deadline. In the event you notify the FRS Staff and still neglect to submit the appropriate entry you will be disqualified from the event standings of that week.

What happens if I don't follow the rules?

Depending on the offense your submitted time can be disallowed (resulting in a disqualification), or you can be penalized. Repeat offenders run the risk of forfeiting their position in the FRS -- that's right, you will be removed. The full extent of the penalty is as described below:

1st Offense: Disallowed from the final standings from the event in which the offense was committed.

2nd Offense: Two race ban - that's two weeks.

3rd Offense: Permanent suspension from the FRS. Division standing will become forefeit

How would you describe the FRS?

It's a competitive racing series where fun is the number one priority, but with any form of competition some are going to be better than others and that's just the way it should be, if everyone could do the exact same times in every possible race combination it would be absolutely dull, whilst being eerily amazing at the same time. We're all friendly here, so sit back, run a couple of laps and have some fun.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Alright. Let the discussion begin!

Feel free to share ideas, suggestions, or just general criticisms.

Fix the "4" on the logo in the OP. :P

But anyways... Sounds cool. Looks similar to our club events. Not sure if I can make it on Tuesdays though unless it's early in the morning or later on at night.

Actually at the moment I can't make it no matter when it is since I got the RROD and this time it won't go away with the overheat trick. :( (Repair kit ordered and on the way.)

Fix the "4" on the logo in the OP. :P

You fix the "4" in the logo. :lol:

But anyways... Sounds cool. Looks similar to our club events. Not sure if I can make it on Tuesdays though unless it's early in the morning or later on at night.

Even if you could make it on Tuesday, the event won't end until the following week from the start of the event.

Actually at the moment I can't make it no matter when it is since I got the RROD and this time it won't go away with the overheat trick. :( (Repair kit ordered and on the way.)

Ah. The foibles of owning an Xbox. :P

Is it more time trial based events or actual race?! Since i have time limit for my gaming, i could not participate in racing, but would love to do time trials

I never had a chance to try the WRS because GT4 is a terrible game and I don't own a PS3. I'll have to keep an eye on this. :)

I never had a chance to try the WRS because GT4 is a terrible game and I don't own a PS3. I'll have to keep an eye on this. :)

It's tons of fun. And if you're not a great driver, this will definately improve your driving skills. I had no choice but to stop participating when GT5 came out. I wasn't going to drop $500 on a PS3. I miss the series and I'm thrilled that it's being worked up for Forza. Thanks T-12 👍

Awesome!! I can't wait for this to start. I never really have time or I'm in the wrong timezone for a lot of races, and this is exactly the kind of series I *can* participate in :)

Great idea T12, thanks! 👍

What's the format for submitting times, and who do I send them to?

- Submit all times (via PM) to either Terronium-12 or Jump_Ace.

Now, when submitting your entry for the week the subject title must be formatted as the following: "FP_FRS Week X Submission", with the "X" being substituted with the relevant number of the current week.

The body of the PM must also be formatted as the following: Time: [Total time]. Example: "Time: [1'32.661]

When someone is sending in a replay, I think it's handy to say what lap must be varified.. I can imagin people doing 30/40 (or more) laps to get to their fastest time, and I'm not sure I want to watch all those laps and search for the correct lap.

Do I have to view other players' replays?

- Strictly speaking? No. However, the quicker every participant has his/her replay verified, the quicker things will progress in every sense of the matter.

How do we know how wich one is varified? Would it be possible, to make a leaderbord for the claimed times and a leaderbord for the varified times? So if I have some spare time, I come here and check the claimed leaderbord (wich you update??), I watch it, send you a PM? I also post it here that I varified the laptime, otherwise people might do work that has already been done.. (?)

That's where the bit about proper replay/submission titles comes in. You also have to remember that Forza caps saved replays at either 30 or 45 minutes (info which will make it's way into the final draft).

And, there's really no need for a not-yet-verified leaderboard and a verified leaderboard - that's just (unnecessary) additional work.

I don't understand. You allow us to help to verifie the replays, but how do I know wich one is verified?

user118395pic1573412914.gif

rflagnv1.gif

bflagtp3.gif

You'll see one of these three flags.

Which will be explained in the final draft. The colors may very well change as well.

Final draft is now live, and it will be completed either tomorrow or Wednesday.

If you're thinking "Oh my, is the FRS about to begin?" then the answer to that question is a resounding "YES!".

The Comprehensive Guide is officially completed.

Read. Enjoy. Get ready to compete.

Back