FP FRS Comprehensive Guide

Well, after reading all information, I guess I'm out since I don't have XBOX Gold, let alone a good internet source. I'll just race by myself. :( I really want to participate in this series.

/\

Can someone verify if you must have a gold account to upload your replays to the storefront? I'm not certain, but you probably have to.

You can get a year of XBL Gold for pretty cheap. I usually pay around $45-$50 for the whole year. Here's a link to some 12 month Gold Memberships on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5845&rt=nc&_nkw=xbox+live+gold+12+month&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

Here's one on Amazon.com that is an online redemption so you don't have to wait for shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-Membership-360/dp/B0029LJIFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1326388134&sr=1-1

For this series, you will typically run in offline mode so you don't need to worry about your internet connection speed.

Jerome

Believe me, I would have XBOX Gold. However, my issue is the limited usage of internet that I am allowed. Only 5GB per month and playing XBOX online would burn through it in no time.

I'm in a similar boat. Satellite internet with a 200MB daily download limit. I was trying to decide whether this competition is worth upgrading, when I won't really be able to do anything else with Gold. When I'm in Madison I have DSL, but I'm working out in the country and staying with my fiancée's folks.

Verification of the requirement of Gold would be nice.

/\

Can someone verify if you must have a gold account to upload your replays to the storefront? I'm not certain, but you probably have to.

You do unfortunately, I have tried with my alternate XBL account, which is Silver.

You can still do rivals events though, perhaps do a rivals mode event once or twice a month to give those without Gold a chance?

You do unfortunately, I have tried with my alternate XBL account, which is Silver.

You can still do rivals events though, perhaps do a rivals mode event once or twice a month to give those without Gold a chance?

Excellent idea, one that I think we can do that from time to time to shake things up. That is, if the big bad boss man agrees (Terronium-12) :P

You can view anyone's replays on those rival mode leaderboards, yes? Just search for their gamertag or something?

Also, does anyone know of a way to download their replays to a usb/flash drive to zip and post online? I haven't tested that yet and I've only had my xbox a year, so I'm a noob when it comes to these kinds of things, haha.

Jerome

I approve of this statement. In fact, I approved of that statement long before it was stated:

What can you expect?

The FRS will consist of chosen events from within Rivals Mode, the Event List and Free Run-based time trials.

So, hah. :P

For the first, I'd say, two months we'll do Rivals Mode events and Free Runs just so the leaderboard can identify clean and dirty laps. Your times are registered to the leaderboard without Gold, right?

You may have to re-submit. I have to look over some notes Ace sent me; he recommended I do something but I can't remember right now. :lol:

You may have to re-submit. I have to look over some notes Ace sent me; he recommended I do something but I can't remember right now. :lol:

Just to update the guide with the a link to the Qualifier Form for submission, instead of PMing one of us 👍

No problem. Just put it in this thread. I'll get the notice. :cheers:

Just checked and your time was received 👍 I'm assuming that is your best effort and if you were to try again tomorrow you couldn't beat it? We just want to make sure everyone gets put in the correct division.

Jerome

Guide updated.

For the time being (and whether this remains in dependent upon Ace), select any one of the available Division standings until you're officially placed. There may be a standalone submission form for the Qualifier, and if thee is I'll edit that in ASAP.

For now, hold onto your times until this has been finalized.

Sorry for any confusion guys.

There are two submission forms:

1) Qualifier entry form, this is to put you in the corresponding division. When your Qualifier is complete, go to http://frs.atspace.co.uk/qualifier to submit your time. It's a one time thing.

2) Weekly Submission form, this is the form to be used for submitting your times on a weekly basis. This form you will need to select your division and division placement, etc. That form can be found at: http://frs.atspace.co.uk/submit

Each are clearly labeled at the top of the page just to make sure you are on the right one. HTH

Jerome

Just checked and your time was received 👍 I'm assuming that is your best effort and if you were to try again tomorrow you couldn't beat it? We just want to make sure everyone gets put in the correct division.

Jerome

It was. I try to run about 10-30 laps in these type of competitions. Any more and the results don't get much better and I get infinitely more frustrated.

I'm a little confused and want to clarify.

Can I submit the qualifier without having an XBL Gold account? The Qualifier page says you must run it using your Gold account while this thread you guys mention people who want to compete with only Silver.

Thanks for the help.

You can submit to the leaderboard with a Silver account. You need Gold to upload replays.

A small hole in our plans but we're working around it for the most part.

Can anyone confirm or deny if you can submit Free Run times to the leaderboard as well with a Silver account, or is it just Rivals Mode?

Could I record my replay on a video camera and upload it to youtube and then post the video? I know it wouldn't be the highest quality but better than nothing.

I can't find it now, but I thought video recorded replays were not allowed?

BTW, has anyone confirmed or denied the fact of copying a replay to a USB flash card to post online? I'd try it but I can't find my flash card anywhere. *turns house up-side-down searching*

Hi all,

my 1st post here :cheers: Just registered to take part in the FRS, sounds like a good challenge. Thanks for all your efforts for bringing this up 👍
I hope there will be many many participants.

Hope i understood everything correctly and will submit qualification time in a while. BTW, is there a deadline to do so?

Cheers, Howie

You've got plenty of time, the Qualifier won't be closing for the first roundup for a while now.

Also, welcome to FP. :cheers:

I'd love to take part in this! I'm glad we have a lot of time to send in our replay, as I'm getting a replacement wheel on Tuesday, so I won't be able to qualify until then.

Are we allowed to use the Braking line assist? That's usually the only assist I use until I learn the car and track.

I'd love to take part in this! I'm glad we have a lot of time to send in our replay, as I'm getting a replacement wheel on Tuesday, so I won't be able to qualify until then.

Are we allowed to use the Braking line assist? That's usually the only assist I use until I learn the car and track.

Yep, feel free to change your driving options as you see fit; tcs, abs driving line and all those are fair game.

Jerome

Made some revisions to the guide; the original D1 and D2 classes have been temporarily removed until there are enough participants at hand. FRS offenses have also been added - four offenses and you're out.

I expect no one to overstep such a boundary but they are there not only as a reminder, but as a precautionary measure to keep everyone honest.

I think you mean the original D4 and D5 classes have been removed :P

Jerome

Back