FP FRS Comprehensive Guide

Oh, damn.

I actually did remove the the top two. Er, um, yeah... I'll go fix that. :lol:

Just a question, In the future is it possible that we will see an OFRS (Online Forza Race Series) similar to what GTP gets?

Unlikely. Too many unfriendly variables involved, chief among those being the fact LIVE Gold is a paid service.

Requested rules review / change:

Quoted from the FRS week 10 opening post:
[*]If your lap gets flagged with the Forza Invalidation Indicator: /!\ Your lap may still count as long as it fits the rest of the listed criteria (i.e. two tires were on/above the track when the /!\ indicator came up)

[*]However, if you get the Forza Invalidation Indicator: /!\ at the start of your lap, the lap will not count as you may have gained an unfair advantage at the end of the previous lap

Reason:
I feel that the second bullet is too restrictive, cannot be effectively be enforced via replay, and will reduce participation in some cases.

Take, for instance, Le Mans. The track is in three sectors, which means I have at least 10 opportunities in 1.5 minutes of racing to make a mistake in the last sector. There is virtually no likelihood that I will gain an advantage on the last turn, and a strong probability that I ran off into the grass or sand of flat spun out somewhere early in that last sector. Very frustrating!
OR, in the case of a track with a final chicane before the finish line, I can in some cases be "clean" through that chicane by the FRS standards (but with the /!\ flag), and post that as a valid lap, but the following lap would be invalid because I started with the flag?

Recommended:
To re-word the two bullets to read something like:

[*]If your lap gets flagged with the Forza Invalidation Indicator: /!\ Your lap may still count as long as it fits the rest of the listed criteria (i.e. two tires were on/above the track when the /!\ indicator came up)

[*]If you get the Forza Invalidation Indicator: /!\ at the start of your lap, the lap may still count, as long as you did not violate the above criteria in the last three turns of the previous lap.

This can be easily be verified in a replay, and I think is within the spirit of the event.

I know that there are differing opinions about "clean vs. not clean" and the use of the forza system, but this is just my take, and I'm interested in hearing what the other drivers think.

Thanks for your consideration,
'Mater

I wholeheartedly agree. That rule is just a bit too strict. We don't even have this rule at GTPs WRS. There if the lap is invalidated we can start over on the next lap. To be brutally honest, its this rule that has kept me from not participating in the FRS in recent weeks due to length of the courses, and the more chances there are to make a mistake and get the /!\ on the beginning of my next lap.

I agree that it might need some changing, it wouldn't really affect me because I like my laps to be clean by Forza's standards but I can see how on long tracks it would help reduce frustration for those that don't mind if their lap is clean or dirty to Forza standards.

Unnecessary. As per the Comprehensive Guide:

How do I avoid submitting a dirty lap?

- By staying within the immediate confines of the track. If your lap is invalidated you'll know, as a caution symbol "/!\" will stand to the right of your time denoting such. It's advised that you review your replays before submission as any invalidated time submissions will either be penalized, or disqualified.

Of course, the invalidation prompt is not without it's own shortcomings, as long as you stay within the immediate confines of the track, that's no less than 2 wheels touching the track surface as defined by the event parameters, then your current lap will be considered legal. If your lap is invalidated before crossing the start/finish line either before officially beginning the hot lap session, or a new lap (as in you veer off track, or more than two wheels are not within contact of the actual track surface [as defined by the event parameters]) that lap will not count.

Now, what I can do is alert Jerome to correct that for further FRS combos on both his and my own behalf. And I can also add the bracketed addition to the section as well.

T-12: adding the bracketed section will clear that question up nicely! Between the OP and the guide, I was a little unclear as to the real intention of the rule. Thanks!

'Mater

Back