FPM: Championship Season 3 planning

• Thread starter Forcone
  • 548 comments
I think fezzes qualifying in his series is perfect for ours, set the lobby up for time based scoring for 5 laps with ghosts on and thats qualifying sorted

That is clever and probably the smartest thing to do, but I'd really like to see some championship series-related activities during the week also. This current concept has been great but as we've established, may not be practical anymore! :(

Multi-class sounds good to me. I don't have a problem with any of the ideas everybody has come up with...I'm happy either way. :)

But how do we decide on who goes to what class? Do we base it on the previous season's results or do we run an event that decides your placement?

But how do we decide on who goes to what class? Do we base it on the previous season's results or do we run an event that decides your placement?

I think you would have to decide at the beginning of the season if you wanted to be in the lower or higher classes and stay there for the whole season. There would be 2 champions at the end of the season, one for lower classes and one for higher classes....is this right? I think SilentDfrifter came up with the idea, maybe he could shed some light. :boggled: ***EDIT***If we do multi-class I think we'd have to split up Forcone, Fezz, and DeadlyDC. They dominated the first season so I don't know if they should all be in the same class.

If we do multi-class I think we'd have to split up Forcone, Fezz, and DeadlyDC. They dominated the first season so I don't know if they should all be in the same class.

Maybe they should be in the same class, the top class, so they can compete with each other. I don't know how I feel about letting people choose what class they're in; I think we should limit the top class to those who won a race, or scored a certain number of points, or got a certain time in a qualifier event.

Maybe they should be in the same class, the top class, so they can compete with each other. I don't know how I feel about letting people choose what class they're in; I think we should limit the top class to those who won a race, or scored a certain number of points, or got a certain time in a qualifier event.

I don't think everyone sees faster cars as the "top class". Forcone won the season championship but I know for a fact that he'd rather race slower cars. He's actually said he hates S class and above. I like the lower classes myself. But it doesn't really matter to me, I'm happy either way.

Maybe they should be in the same class, the top class, so they can compete with each other.

I agree with this. If we do multi-class I hope we can keep them 3 together. If we dont whichever one isnt in that class will just most likely end up wining the other class. Keeping them 3 together will make that class interesting as well as make the other class interesting seeing as how we really would have no idea of who would win.

I agree with this. If we do multi-class I hope we can keep them 3 together. If we dont whichever one isnt in that class will just most likely end up wining the other class. Keeping them 3 together will make that class interesting as well as make the other class interesting seeing as how we really would have no idea of who would win.

Makes sense now that I think about it. We have plenty of other fast guys that are hard enough to beat, but those guys and maybe Hamster, SatansR, and Carlos have proven to be faster than everybody else most of the time.

Funny I just read the first post in the thread when I posted that..Didnt realize the conversation even was going in that direction.

I dont know how Forza could keep up with all the qualifying but its rather simple. I see that someone on this website is doing somthing like this already. For arguments sake Im going to use 50 as the amount of people we got to race.

1=Before the season starts a track/car is picked and everyone runs a time on it. All the time's are split up. Fastest 10 times are put in a catagory (expert) second fastest times are put in the next (pro). So on and so on.
2=One person from each catagory that can host there prespective group will set up a lobby and keep up with qualifying/racing points.
3=Once a person wins "x" amount of races in there catagory will be bumped up to the next level.

Just an idea..This way you have fast people racing fast people and slow people racing slow people. And the catagory "Captian" will take the load off of Chris in keeping up with everyone. The "Captian" can give Chris the numbers at the end of the week/year.

BTW I personaly hate the idea of racing stock cars. If I wanted to race stock cars I would play Mario Cart

Funny I just read the first post in the thread when I posted that..Didnt realize the conversation even was going in that direction.

I dont know how Forza could keep up with all the qualifying but its rather simple. I see that someone on this website is doing somthing like this already. For arguments sake Im going to use 50 as the amount of people we got to race.

1=Before the season starts a track/car is picked and everyone runs a time on it. All the time's are split up. Fastest 10 times are put in a catagory (expert) second fastest times are put in the next (pro). So on and so on.
2=One person from each catagory that can host there prespective group will set up a lobby and keep up with qualifying/racing points.
3=Once a person wins "x" amount of races in there catagory will be bumped up to the next level.

Just an idea..This way you have fast people racing fast people and slow people racing slow people. And the catagory "Captian" will take the load off of Chris in keeping up with everyone. The "Captian" can give Chris the numbers at the end of the week/year.

BTW I personaly hate the idea of racing stock cars. If I wanted to race stock cars I would play Mario Cart

This would make sence but unfortunatly we don't have enough people to do this. I also don't understand when you say "stock cars." Do you mean stock cars as in nascars or as in cars that are stock. Both aren't relevent to Mario Cart anyway.

So that is what Forcone does, I thought I saw a turtle shell fly out of his front end!

Ahahahha! Busted! :lol: If you review the replay of the last race closely, you may actually find some bits of banana peelings near the dreaded Carousel! :dopey:

I think we should use the same track and car in qualifying and race. In the last season I would spend all week trying to qualify and learning the track then one hour learning a new track for the race with a new car. Making the same car for qualifying and race would make the races cleaner and more competitive.

I have a another suggestion. What if we have teams of two so we would have two championships in parallel a team and a driver championship. And we can also add a lively competition the team with the best design can get some points, not sure how the best design can be judged though. I can't tune or do Liverly (and can barely drive :P) but it would be fun to be in a team with someone who can. Maybe even pair up the slow drivers with fast drivers :)

If we did it would have to be random. Could you imagine Forcone and Fezz on the same team. :eek:

Yes for sure. It would have to be separated into 2 tears and maybe the top tear gets to pick from the bottom tear but we would have to find a way to give the top tear a picking order. That should be easy enough to find a way though. That could also give us our multi class. Each team has 2 drivers, one for each of the 2 classes.

Yes for sure. It would have to be separated into 2 tears and maybe the top tear gets to pick from the bottom tear but we would have to find a way to give the top tear a picking order. That should be easy enough to find a way though. That could also give us our multi class. Each team has 2 drivers, one for each of the 2 classes.
This is getting interesting! I was a very good kickball player so I was never picked last on the playground.........racing on the other hand, I guess I will soon feel how those fat nerdy kids felt:censored::nervous:

Back