FPM: Championship Season 3 planning

• Thread starter Forcone
  • 548 comments
Yes for sure. It would have to be separated into 2 tears and maybe the top tear gets to pick from the bottom tear but we would have to find a way to give the top tear a picking order. That should be easy enough to find a way though. That could also give us our multi class. Each team has 2 drivers, one for each of the 2 classes.

Top tier would probably be Forcone, Fezz, DeadlyDC, Hamster, Hennessey, Carlos, and SatansR....and maybe a couple others. Those guys are pretty much our fastest in qualifying and racing.

How are we going to setup the teams?? Can I just ask anyone to join 'me' or ..??

So, anybody interested? :lol:

I hate to be the one to poo on this, but the two driver team idea seems fun, but I don't really see the point. Ostensibly the two drivers will be in different classes, so they won't be able to help each other on track. At that point the team championship is decided by who was able to make it to the most races, which the first top tier qualifier can almost guarantee a championship by choosing a very available driver. To me it makes more sense, and would be more interesting, if we ran a qualifier, cut the list in half, and assigned the lowest qualifying person to the top qualifier.

Teams eh? I would just think we would also need a consistent group too. Which we were kinda getting I suppose. On that same note though, cars would have to be classed "closer" as in less room for tuning. I would think at least.

Teams eh? I would just think we would also need a consistent group too. Which we were kinda getting I suppose. On that same note though, cars would have to be classed "closer" as in less room for tuning. I would think at least.

Yeah, so we can get more photo finishes :D

72.JPG

Getting dusty here..

A bit yeah, but not to worry! :)

...This is getting a bit old, but got my Xbox up and running again! This time I fixed it "properly". Hope it works better now. I might be up for some racing tonight if some of you are online!! :cheers:

I was hanging out in the livery editor, like I always do and an idea popped into my head for the upcoming season and wanted to see what the club thought about it?

How would you guys feel about each person choosing a company (real or made up) and have this as their sponsor for the whole season? I know it is not a new idea but for our club it could spice things up when it comes to pictures and replays. I apologize if this has already been brought up and I missed it. Thoughts?

This is potentially what mine could look like, it needs a bit of refinement at the moment, but this is a prototype on a base car.

GetPhoto-1.jpg

Good Idea but I would have to pay someone to make mine up every week with my number...But Im sure there is someone in here that wouldn't mind making 5000 a week

Yeah looks good man, I call Mazdatrix for the rotary race we have. I hope we aren't enginecist(spelling) this season.:lol: But we could update the google doc for sposorships. A suggestion for picking cars though, is, if you choose 3 cars from said class of the week and we all PM you our vote. Hm?

I know you said the points system will stay the same, so I hope we'll still be using our best 7 or 8 finishes to determine final standings. It will suck that you won't get any points for qualifying if you can't make the race though. That would mean that whoever was able to make the most races would get more qualifying points, unless only your best 7 or 8 qualifying points were used. I'd like Motorola/Android as my sponsor. I like Hamster's idea of a vote for the car we'll be racing...please, no leader board cars. ;)

Yeah looks good man, I call Mazdatrix for the rotary race we have. I hope we aren't enginecist(spelling) this season.:lol: But we could update the google doc for sposorships. A suggestion for picking cars though, is, if you choose 3 cars from said class of the week and we all PM you our vote. Hm?
@Hamster-Good idea on the googledoc, will get it done. As for choosing 3 cars and voting on one for the next race, fabulous, will update in final details. Also, what is enginecist?

@Darren- Yes. What I would like to do is get a couple member's designs and post them to see which gets the most votes/likes. If you wouldn't mind sending me yours (if you would like it to be a possible choice for the club) so I can compile them in a post. So far I have one I did and I got Rokkitshipp's design (thanks Wiggs) off his Storefront. Anyone else is welcome to suggest one they like.

@Fezz- I would be interested in seeing what you can come up with.

@Wiggs- Yeah, this qualification ''choice'' is a tough one. Only other option I can think of, besides Rivals again and hoping they will keep monthlies, is to use the Hot Lap idea. Only downside to that that I noticed is when a class/car is picked and someone already did a fast lap, they would have to beat that time in order for it to register on the LB and some of your times are already incredibly fast, so this would cause issues if someone couldn't beat a lap time from earlier. *Of course if I am overlooking something in Hot Laps, let me know.

Yeah, this is probably the best way to handle qualifying. I was just saying that maybe you should treat qualifying like the races, and use the best finishes out of however many total weeks, to make sure the guys that are able to make every race (and therefore every qualifying run), don't get an opportunity to pick up more points than those that can't make it every week. It wasn't an issue the first season because everyone had all week to qualify...at some point most of us had at least a few minutes during the week to make a qualifying run. I hope what I'm saying makes sense....just suggesting if we run 12 races, maybe we should use the best 7 or 8 race finishes and qualifying runs combined to tally points?

I tried a dark red and wasn't sold on it, black doesn't work either but it was a neutral colour just to show how they layout was

Back