Freakin' Rallies

  • Thread starter Thread starter KaffeinE 86
  • 35 comments
  • 2,122 views
Messages
177
There's two more rallies I have to do. Ice Arena and Grand Canyon, hard difficulty. No matter what I do, no matter what car or setup I try, I've spent three weeks and 100+ GT4 days trying to get half-decent times on these tracks. The best time I've gotten on Grand Canyon was 1:33 in a Subaru 22B.

Does anyone know some good cars/setups for these tracks? I'm at wit's end.
 
Use the Dodge RAM 1500 with around 570 odd hp and NOS - ride walls and hit the wall with your rear to turn.

Second rate and tantamount to cheating but if you have to get them done then this will do it.
 
for both I used a subaru WRX sti spec C fully modded. I wall rode in the ice arena and won by over one and a half minutes. For grand canyon I just paced myself and tried not to hit the walls...I won by over a minute. What helped me was restarting until I found an opponent that gave me the fewest A-Spec pts so it would be easier. This would normally be a corolla, evo, or lancia.
 
Easy = Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Super Rally Car (bone stock just tires) + Ride the Walls.

Challenge = Any FF rally car (bone stock) + no wall-riding and 5-second penalties..
 
meister_dan
Easy = Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Super Rally Car (bone stock just tires) + Ride the Walls.

Challenge = Any FF rally car (bone stock) + no wall-riding and 5-second penalties..

That's just sheer torture. I've been doing the rallies over again, and FF car bone stock is difficult to use even in the easy races (what sucks is I can't get more than 100+ A-spec for it... I need to use the truck, I know... :indiff: )... still trying though... my next stop is the Grand Canyon... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
nightkid86
for both I used a subaru WRX sti spec C fully modded. I wall rode in the ice arena and won by over one and a half minutes. For grand canyon I just paced myself and tried not to hit the walls...I won by over a minute. What helped me was restarting until I found an opponent that gave me the fewest A-Spec pts so it would be easier. This would normally be a corolla, evo, or lancia.

What setup did you use?
 
fait 500f... its the only way to go!
 
ving
fait 500f... its the only way to go!

Any replays of the Fiat 500F on Grand Canyon on Special Condition Hard? :dopey:
 
niky
That's just sheer torture. I've been doing the rallies over again, and FF car bone stock is difficult to use even in the easy races (what sucks is I can't get more than 100+ A-spec for it... I need to use the truck, I know... :indiff: )... still trying though... my next stop is the Grand Canyon... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I barely won in Special Condition easy and Normal with the Citroen Xsara Rally.. A lot of bumping and hitting the AI (no 5-second penalties) did worked wonders.. In Hard Difficulty? Never tried it. I used the aforementioned Mitsu Lancer Evo Super Rally..
 
Mistu Lan Evo IV rally car is the way to go =)

finished all dirt rallies with this one

but snow rallies r jus crazy ... but once u get in front, the computer isnt as fast anymore ... prolly cos they try to aviod hitting you and end up slowinfg down.
 
meister_dan
Any replays of the Fiat 500F on Grand Canyon on Special Condition Hard? :dopey:
yeah sure!
I'll just dig them up! :sly:

/me runs away...
 
meister_dan
I barely won in Special Condition easy and Normal with the Citroen Xsara Rally.. A lot of bumping and hitting the AI (no 5-second penalties) did worked wonders.. In Hard Difficulty? Never tried it. I used the aforementioned Mitsu Lancer Evo Super Rally..

I'm using a Protege. Not exactly bone stock (had to change that *&*$#^@ auto-tranny), but as close as possible. I've been doing the tarmac stages over and over, and so far, I've got one done "stock".

In the dirt, it's impossible to use anything but an FF race car to keep up.

And hitting the AI DOES do wonders, especially if you can punt him straight into a wall and stick your butt in his face. :lol:
 
For 1,250,000 credits, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 had better be the best of all the rally cars, and it is.

Turn off ASM, turn the TCS up to 10, buy the Increase Rigidity option along with dirt and snow tires and Stage 3 power, set the final at 5.500 and the Autoset at 1, and set the brake balance at 2/4. Leave the suspension stock.

The AI won't have a chance against you. The Super Evo is pretty much a "cheater car".
 
Toyota RSC Rally Raid car - and of course ride those walls
you only get about 7 a-spec points but it gets those damn rallies out of the way!
 
Zardoz
For 1,250,000 credits, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 had better be the best of all the rally cars, and it is.

Turn off ASM, turn the TCS up to 10, buy the Increase Rigidity option along with dirt and snow tires and Stage 3 power, set the final at 5.500 and the Autoset at 1, and set the brake balance at 2/4. Leave the suspension stock.

The AI won't have a chance against you. The Super Evo is pretty much a "cheater car".

I dont' mind "cheating" against the 5-second penalty and the dumb-as-a-****-brick AI. I bought this car today, and it is amazing! No contest, even in the hard rallies.
 
I used the Peugeot 206 rallycar as it comes (no hp upgrades) and it worked like a charm! Brake early, turn early, and be gentle on the throttle! Probably works on tuned cars too, but I figured out that hp isn´t such an advantage on gravel or snow. The only things that are an advantage on those surfaces, are cars made to run on it, i.e. rallycars!
 
im using the the awsome SUZUKI ESCUDO
bow down before its awesomenessness
 
I've used the Lancia Delta S4, without any tuning/upgrades.
No problem when you drive clean lines and brake in time...
btw wallriding is for pussies..
 
i used the peugeot 205 t16 evo II, easy, or if you really struggling ram em into a corner somewhere :D
 
nissan man
im using the the awsome SUZUKI ESCUDO
bow down before its awesomenessness
Okay, now your just using overkill. Maybe go for a challenge.

As for the Lancer 'Super' Rally Car, I will have to try it out sometime.
 
KaffeinE 86
What setup did you use?

I turned up brake balance to the front some for the ice and to the rear for the dirt (so it would slide out a bit) turned tcs ans asm up, full downforce, low gears, stiff ride settings. Just play around with settings and see what you like
 
I don't see what the big deal is. Just practice for a little while, don't rely on horsepower boosts, wall-riding, etc.
 
Try the Peugeot 205 Evo 2. Amazing car, with or without the horsepower boost. Or you can just kick butt in an escudo...
 
I just used one of the newer skylines, and tuned it up a lot.
 
I beat the last of the races in the Mitsubishi Super Rally Car. I hate rallies. Grand Canyon would be awesome if it were tarmac, though. Cool touge right there.
 
I actually used that same skyline for ALL of the rallies. It works pretty good. But I did use one of the celica's that I won to do some of the ice races, just to shake it up a bit.
 
KaffeinE 86
I beat the last of the races in the Mitsubishi Super Rally Car. I hate rallies. Grand Canyon would be awesome if it were tarmac, though. Cool touge right there.

A wonderful AR Max code could be used on the GT4 Prologue version of Grand Canyon that converted about 50% of the track to tarmac, its one of the reasons that I still drag out Prologue from time to time.

GC_Asphalte.jpg


Regards

Scaff
 
Scaff
A wonderful AR Max code could be used on the GT4 Prologue version of Grand Canyon that converted about 50% of the track to tarmac, its one of the reasons that I still drag out Prologue from time to time.

GC_Asphalte.jpg


Regards

Scaff




Scaff-

Hadn't heard of that code before. How very kewl :dopey: Never used the Prologue version tho. Was it a long time after the game was introduced before that code came out? That would open up a crapload of cool tracks.

That sounds as good as the old elusive "All Cars Permitted" which I would also love to see AR max generate!
 
Was that comment about using the Fiat 500F for real? Or just a joke?

If real, with what upgrades, settings, etc?
 
umm... a joke. but hey, why dont you max one out and try it. worst case scenario is that you dont win :)

post back here with oyour results :) i'd be interested to hear them
 
Back