Freakin' Rallies

  • Thread starter Thread starter KaffeinE 86
  • 35 comments
  • 2,122 views
I am not sure when, but I might just try the Fiat thing, just for grins. It should be quite funny. BTW... I was born in Italy, and yes, the first car I remember my parents driving was one of those.
 
lol, dont see many in Oz, but i have seen a couple. they are very cute :)
 
I used the Ford Escort Ralley car for all of the medium and Hard Dirt/Snow courses. The only thing I added was A Stage 3 turbo. Some times I removed it for less power and more controle. I found that most cars were so powerful on the dirt that they spun to much before getting good traction. The key to Grand Canyon is finding the best line so you can pass very early. Once you are in front, it is difficult for the other car to pass because the track is narrow. Drive very clean and definsively. Practice! It is frustrating, but eventually you will win.
 
Who finds that the Escudo has nearly unbearable turbo lag?
 
To do the snow/dirt tracks I used Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car fully modded, Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid Car fully modded, and a Lancia Delta S4 it worked for me. I did all the hard ones with the Pajero and the S4.
 
I've found after watching the AI drive that the trick to rallying is to take the corners in a squarish,
brake-turn-squirt-brake-turn-drive away
method, slowing down enough to get traction for the turn, and trying to get as fast as possible in the straight line between turns. This is opposed to the street driving method of
brake-turn-apex-squirt.
I think it's so difficult for most people because the majority of GT4 races depend on the road method for success (and also allow for loss of traction without severe consequences), whereas if you do that on a dirt road, the last squirt sends you into the wall.

Once you get good at it, you can also slap on turbo packs without suffering from loss of traction, as it won't be an issue anymore. I was able to win a 74 pt ia race with a stock peugot 206 rally car, and a 114 pt after giving it a stage 3 (on Tahiti) using that method.

Changing the VCD(?) to around 35, and shortening the gears a few notches also helps.
 
Back