Freedom isn't free, it costs folk like you and me...

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 147 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to pay to be able to access the update, don't you?
I’m not paying Sony for my internet connection, and I’m not paying for an internet connection just so I can download GT sport updates :odd:.

That's not the point,you pay for the base game,if you buy GT Sport what you see is what you get,and the game provides you extra content FREE OF CHARGE,the base game isn't free,the updates are free.AND HOW THE HELL INTERNET BILLS HAS TO DO WITH ANY OF THE ARGUMENT?

:boggled:

And again, what does that prove? The only thing that it proves is that people have internet bills. How is an internet bill, in any way, associated to the cost of extra content?

So what you're saying is that the game really isn't $60 dollars then? It'll be $60 + my internet bill? Can't forget the cost of your electricity bill - so now its $60+internet+electricity. Oh damn You know what, you also need to pay rent too! So now that' $60+internet+electricity+rent. You know what I forgot? You can't play games if you're not alive, so now we have to factor in $60+internet+electricity+rent+food..

Darn, you know what.. My maths is all messed up. I forgot the price of the console and TV too!

Man, these updates sure are getting pricey.

That's not the point,you pay for the base game,if you buy GT Sport what you see is what you get,and the game provides you extra content FREE OF CHARGE,the base game isn't free,the updates are free.AND HOW THE HELL INTERNET BILLS HAS TO DO WITH ANY OF THE ARGUMENT?
If i bought the game tommrow would i not get everything added since launch?

It took me a bit to think about what was being said and i actually agree . It is added free of extra charges i agree. But sony or pd never said at launch they were not going to add anything else to the game . Infact it was crystal clear they were going to add more to the game as even for a new direction it seemed lacking . For me they have add a whole lot more for me to feel i have gotten my moneys worth .

Surely this thread is going to be nominated for an end of the year award.
Much like “is a hotdog a sandwich”?
(That was a fun read at least)

It took me a bit to think about what was being said and i actually agree . It is added free of extra charges i agree. But sony or pd never said at launch they were not going to add anything else to the game . Infact it was crystal clear they were going to add more to the game as even for a new direction it seemed lacking . For me they have add a whole lot more for me to feel i have gotten my moneys worth .

The crystal was pretty muddy to honest. For all we know and with the non communication policy of pd, and a history of mentioning stuff that never ever see the light of day, 1.32 could be the last update with free content..

We are arguing about the DLC being free or not and they are 100% free.The fact you bought the game right now or back in 2017 doesn't change that.

Sounds lke this thread will go round in circles a lot. Sounds like time to kaibosh it?

The crystal was pretty muddy to honest. For all we know and with the non communication policy of pd, and a history of mentioning stuff that never ever see the light of day, 1.32 could be the last update with free content..
And then it would be paid content that at anytime a person bought the game would not get unless they paid for it. Now lets say part of that is cars and tracks . Now. Would pd be foolish enough to run fia championship esports with the possiblity for only some the playerbase being able to enter based on who paid for extra cars and tracks ? I think not .

We are arguing about the DLC being free or not and they are 100% free.The fact you bought the game right now or back in 2017 doesn't change that.
If i buy the game tommorow i would get everything added since launch which means i paid for it. Nothing changes that
Pd never said they would not add anything else to the game so for my money i fully expected more to be added for the price i paid at launch as going towards what would come later is how i see it

Last edited by a moderator:
If i buy the game tommorow i would get everything added since launch which means i paid for it
Yeah. "It" being the game and the content specifically available only on that disc.

Yeah. "It" being the game and the content specifically available only on that disc.
But that is not reality. I knew more was coming and when i bought the game on.launch day i felt i paid to much for what was there so each addition i feel im getting closer to getting my moneys worth. It is that simple for me really .

But that is not reality. I knew more was coming and when i bought the game on.launch day i felt i paid to much for what was there so each addition i feel im getting closer to getting my moneys worth. It is that simple for me really .
That you felt the content available wasn't worth the price of admission means nothing. You paid for what was on the disc, and I'm pretty sure we knew before the game released what was going to be available within.

If this Free update is considered paid to you then like @Vspectra said, if they introduced paid content, does that mean it's paid paid content? I would imagine no, because I'm only paying for that extra content one time. If it's not paid, then I'm paying nothing for it.

How is this even a thread? What has this site come to? Are we seriously suggesting that these free updates, wherein no money is spent, isn't free? WTF, I didn't think I'd see such an idiotic thread on this forum. We aren't children here, so let's not bicker about something which is totally pointless! Yes, you pay for the console. Yes, you pay for the game but these updates DO NOT COST A SINGLE DOLLAR. Or pound, or euro, or dime or whatever currency you use. You do not pay for the additional content, and that is the end of the argument.

Well this is a language question, me thinks. "Free", or "at no additional cost". Which one is true?

My two cents are that it's both. I paid I think 15€ for GTS, expecting about 200 cars and whatever tracks it had at the time, and I got a plethora of extra stuff I wasn't expecting, and while I am expecting that there's more content coming, I wasn't when I bought the game. For me, all of the extra stuff was free, because I didn't know it was coming, and also at no additional cost and not completely free, because I have paid for it, when I bought the game.

Furthermore, I'd say that "free" and "at no additional cost" are completely interchangeable, and mean the same thing.

Just my opinion.

You do not pay for the additional content, and that is the end of the argument.

Ya reckon?:D

PD always dribble out new content and updates and they're likely included in the price of the core game.

I get the feeling a lot of these new assets will be in the next GT though. Free to us in GTS (bandwidth excluded) and groundwork for their next new title for them.

It’s not free because you need internet is the most hilarious thing I’ve read yet. It’s not like kaz is taking money from your bloody internet provider :lol::lol::lol:

Where on earth does GTPlanet find you people

Can you point out the post pd/sony made saying when gt sport launched that there was to be no content added?
That isn't my point, my point is everything you saw in blog posts/trailers before the game launched was in the game when it came out, that's what I was getting at there.

PD shipped a content-starved game, knowing full well they were going to complete it post launch.

People have every right to criticize the updates.

Its free, yes, but its free to make for the state of the game at launch.

All the complaining, the whining, the crying, the cussing, the screaming, the punching, the kicking, the slapping, and the pinching. I am just exhausted.

1zohndh.jpg

Last edited:
If the game you bought didn't explicitly say something was part of the package, then it's FREE stuff. This really isn't difficult.

How much credit a developer deserves for releasing something free, versus trying to charge for it, is a separate debate.

If GTS tried to charge for the stuff they've added to the game, it would basically be the racing game version of Destiny 1 to me - a full price game that launched with a lack of actual stuff in it, then charged players a bunch more money post-release to eventually turn it into something approaching a more "complete" game that arguably should have been there at release for $60.

PD deserve lots of credit for doing the right thing and building out GTS for free, but I think it's important not to get too lost in the weeds of patting them in the back, and forget that their chief point of comparison on Xbox (Forza Motorsport) had launched a game a few weeks earlier at the same price, with exponentially more 'stuff' in it (regardless of personal tastes about how the games feel and play, etc.) out of the box. PD aren't some mom and pop shop just doin' their best aww shucks. They are one of the world's preeminent racing game developers, and a first party for the world's most successful console manufacturer.

And then it would be paid content that at anytime a person bought the game would not get unless they paid for it. Now lets say part of that is cars and tracks . Now. Would pd be foolish enough to run fia championship esports with the possiblity for only some the playerbase being able to enter based on who paid for extra cars and tracks ? I think not .

If i buy the game tommorow i would get everything added since launch which means i paid for it. Nothing changes that
Pd never said they would not add anything else to the game so for my money i fully expected more to be added for the price i paid at launch as going towards what would come later is how i see it

They could run fia championship just fine, the tracks would only be accessible via the fia races and the cars would be sponsored just like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back