Freezing since update 1.13

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
OK, I've owned gt7 since release, playing on ps5, and other than the initial bugs with game progression I've had no issues at all. Suddenly since 1.13 the game freezes mid race (up to now only during grinding for cash in either WTC 700 at Sarthe or WTC 800 at Sardegna, hasn't happened time trialing or in lobby).
The screen freezes the image (not blank/black) but the sounds carry on in the background like the race is continuing? Anyone else experiencing this since 1.13? 🤦‍♂️

Now that's an interesting question!! I hadn't considered that!! Is there a way of testing if it's the TV or the ps5?
Not really sure as not a technician - but one thing to do would be see if the telly freezes when used for something else (DVD or something?) and maybe try another game in the PS5. Just found it odd that the sound carried on and the picture froze.....

Last edited:
Not really sure as not a technician - but one thing to do would be see if the telly freezes when used for something else (DVD or something?) and maybe try another game in the PS5. Just found it odd that the sound carried on and the picture froze.....
OK so I've turned off HDR and VVR on the ps5 (even though I only switched them on as update 1.13 was supposed to enable these). My TV is supposed to support both, it's a Samsung Q80t bought specifically for this reason, and I have the correct hdmi 2.1 lead.
Since I've turned off VVR & HDR it hasn't frozen again. 🤷‍♂️

OK so I've turned off HDR and VVR on the ps5 (even though I only switched them on as update 1.13 was supposed to enable these). My TV is supposed to support both, it's a Samsung Q80t bought specifically for this reason, and I have the correct hdmi 2.1 lead.
Since I've turned off VVR & HDR it hasn't frozen again. 🤷‍♂️
It's definitely not the TV, as pressing the ps button allows me to enter menu and close the game.

Its done this for me too three times in total
And now as of today.
Its done it twice in the same car, same race, same lap aaand same corner.
So there IS definitely an issue.
Ive lost a complete hour of progress thanks to this issue.
After pressing to pause the game after the screen freezes i can feel the menu buttons working since they vibrate the controller but eventually that becomes unresponsive aswell.
And as far as i can see there no way of PD knowing much about this issue since we cant send an game crash ticket or anything.
It seems like a really specific issue.
The first time this happened was hot lapping the Radical weekly event.

Last edited:
I've had this happen exactly once on standard PS4 when I was doing time trail practice laps with the C7 Corvette GR3 on high speed ring. Game stopped, car still sounded like it was powering down the main straight. Closed out the game and restarted and it hasn't happened again... hopefully it doesn't.

Haven’t experienced that, but my image freezes when I’m taking race photos. Began happening a couple updates ago and hasn’t been rectified. Sometimes, I’ll take multiple photos with no problem. Other times, the progress bar freezes and I had to restart the game.

OK, I've owned gt7 since release, playing on ps5, and other than the initial bugs with game progression I've had no issues at all. Suddenly since 1.13 the game freezes mid race (up to now only during grinding for cash in either WTC 700 at Sarthe or WTC 800 at Sardegna, hasn't happened time trialing or in lobby).
The screen freezes the image (not blank/black) but the sounds carry on in the background like the race is continuing? Anyone else experiencing this since 1.13? 🤦‍♂️
I would uninstall it completely and reinstall it. Might have just been a bad update for you. I do notice it can take longer to get to the PD logo, but that's about it for me.
My Specs: PS5 (Day 1, preorder spec), Sony 65X90J TV, VRR and HDR on, GT5 in quality mode.

Its done this for me too three times in total
And now as of today.
Its done it twice in the same car, same race, same lap aaand same corner.
So there IS definitely an issue.
Ive lost a complete hour of progress thanks to this issue.
After pressing to pause the game after the screen freezes i can feel the menu buttons working since they vibrate the controller but eventually that becomes unresponsive aswell.
And as far as i can see there no way of PD knowing much about this issue since we cant send an game crash ticket or anything.
It seems like a really specific issue.
The first time this happened was hot lapping the Radical weekly event.
Yep, identical symptoms. I'm trying to earn credits, 8 laps into 15 lap gt race yesterday ar Sardegna Road. Th7s morning half way through 30 min gt race at LeMans 24hr track. Its not just the wasted time, but its making earning credits impossible in a game where its already tedious.
Is there any way to report this issue? Mine never did it ever before update 1.13

BTW I reckon about a dozen times now since 1.13.
Never in lobby or time trialing though.
Only in highest credit earning gt races.
A cynical person would suspect foul play 🤔🤷‍♂️😆

This has also just started happening to me. If I enter the 15 lap sardegna race to grind for dollars the game freezes on the 13th lap using the new Subaru BRZ in the same location on the track, very weird as I never had this happened previously before the 1.13 update. Tested the same race using the Porsche and other cars and it doesn't happen. Very strange indeed.

This has also just started happening to me. If I enter the 15 lap sardegna race to grind for dollars the game freezes on the 13th lap using the new Subaru BRZ in the same location on the track, very weird as I never had this happened previously before the 1.13 update. Tested the same race using the Porsche and other cars and it doesn't happen. Very strange indeed.
So frustrating. I've been grinding but using a different car just to vary it a bit. It frozen with BRZ, Ford GT race car, Gr3 Mercedes and gr3 BMW 🤷‍♂️👍

I managed to do 2 gt races at Le Man's 24 hrs yesterday without it freezing. So upped the bank balance a bit!! I think Sardegna seems to happen more often. I'll try again today but if it happens much more I'll be quitting the grind till its sorted, too much wasted time 🤬.
Grinding shouldn't be required anyway, u should automatically be rewarded credits the more u play. It's a game ffs!!!
I want to buy expensive cars, but not have to work all week fir it. That's a bit too "real life"!!! 🤣🤣

I've driven the 30 minute Sarthe race dozens of times. I've experienced the freezing up only in the last week. Probably 4-5 times in total. The first two times it was right after checking rear view. The others were more random. It's my favorite grind track, so I have run quite a number of races there after the update without issue until more recently.

So frustrating. I've been grinding but using a different car just to vary it a bit. It frozen with BRZ, Ford GT race car, Gr3 Mercedes and gr3 BMW 🤷‍♂️👍

I managed to do 2 gt races at Le Man's 24 hrs yesterday without it freezing. So upped the bank balance a bit!! I think Sardegna seems to happen more often. I'll try again today but if it happens much more I'll be quitting the grind till its sorted, too much wasted time 🤬.
Grinding shouldn't be required anyway, u should automatically be rewarded credits the more u play. It's a game ffs!!!
I want to buy expensive cars, but not have to work all week fir it. That's a bit too "real life"!!! 🤣🤣
Couldn't agree more with you. Le Mans has just freezing for me as of last night, never had the issue on this track until now. Ive uninstalled the game, reinstalled, rebuilt the data base etc will try again today, hopefully that fixes it.

Couldn't agree more with you. Le Mans has just freezing for me as of last night, never had the issue on this track until now. Ive uninstalled the game, reinstalled, rebuilt the data base etc will try again today, hopefully that fixes it.
Let me know if this improves things please 🙏 👍

I had this twice last week at Sardegna. Just hoped it was one (well, 2) off.

Hasn't happened since tbh, but haven't been playing much.

I am on a post l PS4 slim and had three game freeze once so far post 1.13, hours prior to this freeze I had noticed things getting sluggish on the game and the PS4, so when I closed the application GT7 I did get the PS4 message that there was an application error and reported as such, but in hindsight Iwas thinking I brought it upon my own as I had not closed and reopened the GT7 for about 2 days, just had it open in map and put PS4 in rest mode. I now shut the GT7 down when quitting and every so often I do the temp data flush in the GT7 options as additional safety.

Have not had a freeze or sluggish action since...

Last edited:
I am on a post l PS4 slim and had three game freeze once so far post 1.13, hours prior to this freeze I had noticed things getting sluggish on the game and the PS4, so when I closed the application GT7 I did get the PS4 message that there was an application error and reported as such, but in hindsight Iwas thinking I brought it upon my own as I had not closed and reopened the GT7 for about 2 days, just had it open in map and put PS4 in rest mode. I now shut the GT7 down when quitting and every so often I do the temp data flush in the GT7 options as additional safety.

Have not had a freeze or sluggish action since...
Could u explain "data flush" and how to do this? Thanks 👍

Ok tried and tested the above and I'm pleased to say after a fair bit of gameplay it seems to have fixed the freezing issue.
Give it a try and hopefully it helps solve your issue.
OK I will re install the game today. I presume u just delete the game, but not the save game data?
Also, sorry if this is dumb question (I'm not very tech savvy) what is "re build data base"? I'm not really sure what that bit means!🤦‍♂️ 👍

I’ve been getting the same freeze problem, exactly as everyone else describes, for the past week while doing the Human Comedy races. Usually it’s well into the hour when it freezes, once with only three minutes left. I thought maybe it was a heat issue with the PS5, but it froze again on me today after only a modest amount of play, so I don’t think it is that.

Hasn’t happened to me but to a friend of mine on a couple of occasions since 1.13 rolled out. In his case, some half an hour in after hosting a lobby race.

Back