Freezing since update 1.13

OK so today I deleted everything, game , saved data the lot. Then rebooted the ps5 just in case. Then re installed the game which took all afternoon as it also had to re download all updates. I was nervous I'd be back to start, but I've heard all save data is on Polyphoney servers so I thought I'd risk it!! Anyhoo, when I could finally boot it up, all my cars are there, credits, game progression etc, etc all good.
So first thing I did of course was the GT race at Sardegna as that's the one that's frozen the most. Full race completed no problem. So 👍 so far so good. I'll update over next few days as I keep playing 👍👍🐾

I've just recently experienced something similar. I was doing the Le Mans 700PP half-hour endurance race and winning but as soon as I crossed the line, a message saying App Error came up and all the progress I had made in that race was gone. I was angry at that so I started again, only this time, I played half an hour's worth of the Fisherman's Ranch rally race and after the tenth time, it froze. No App Error message this time and I received the money and mileage from the previous 9 races but it stunk that it seems to break after half an hour's worth of playing. I am fuming. I just want to play and save as much credits and Daily Workout tickets as I can. Is that too much to ask this game?

Yes. I think it is.

Could u explain "data flush" and how to do this? Thanks 👍
In your options menus, (upper left corner of game screen, just below "MyPage")
On 2nd row of first page on right side is the "network data" panel, select this and dump the temporary data cache. This is what I meant by the "data flush"

As for others experiencing these freezes, can I suggest that before you do that hour long race that you close out the GT7 application and restart it, if you really want to go one step further, shut down and restart the playstation... it clears the data cache which clogged could cause the sluggish performance and freezes...

OK I will re install the game today. I presume u just delete the game, but not the save game data?
Also, sorry if this is dumb question (I'm not very tech savvy) what is "re build data base"? I'm not really sure what that bit means!🤦‍♂️ 👍
yes just delete the game, the saved data is kept in another location on the ssd, dont delete that. The game download and reinstall will take a bit, think it took about an hour an a half for me. To rebuild the data base is fairly easy and straight forward, it will fix any errors or issues on your ps5 ssd. There are heaps of vids online on how to do it, just google " how to rebuild ps5 data base" and you will find your way its super easy. This worked treat for me and hopefully it will for you to.

In your options menus, (upper left corner of game screen, just below "MyPage")
On 2nd row of first page on right side is the "network data" panel, select this and dump the temporary data cache. This is what I meant by the "data flush"

As for others experiencing these freezes, can I suggest that before you do that hour long race that you close out the GT7 application and restart it, if you really want to go one step further, shut down and restart the playstation... it clears the data cache which clogged could cause the sluggish performance and freezes...
Thank you I've done this now 👍

yes just delete the game, the saved data is kept in another location on the ssd, dont delete that. The game download and reinstall will take a bit, think it took about an hour an a half for me. To rebuild the data base is fairly easy and straight forward, it will fix any errors or issues on your ps5 ssd. There are heaps of vids online on how to do it, just google " how to rebuild ps5 data base" and you will find your way its super easy. This worked treat for me and hopefully it will for you to.
I'm looking at the data base now. Many thanks for sharing 👍 🙏
I've also got into the habit of closing the game when I've finished, rather than leaving it running 👍

OK since doing all of rhe above, I've completed a time trial, a daily race and gt Cup at Le Mans all without freezing 👍👍.
Later I will try the dreaded Sardegna 🤪

OK so just tried Sardegna gt cup, and it's frozen on lap 11 out of 15 🤬🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
20220512_135000.jpg

Yep, it's bloody annoying. Definitely a bug since 1.13. It's not track or event specific as it happened to me watching a replay I had saved in my library of a time trial lap.
There must be a way of reporting it, even though other posts say its impossible to contact Polyphoney, cos in the various update notes they include phrases such as "some players have reported blah blah blah issues" etc. So how are those issues being reported 🤔🤷‍♂️

OK new one, it's just frozen 3 laps into the gr4 Daily Race at Deep Forest. Usual frozen screen but all race sounds carrying on, I even heard the sound of my car hit the barrier and the ffb shook the wheel in my hand. So dunno if it froze for everyone or just me. But clearly the game is carrying on in some way, just with graphics locked. This is starting to seriously p me off. Its a daily occurrence now, making me not want to play it 🤬

I am on a PS4 slim, and as I stated above since I delete temp data via the settings I do not have any freezes. What platform is everyone having the problems on? Do you have any other things running in background when you play GT7? Since this is a memory intensive game, it is the only thing I have running when I play, and use a controller, I do not have a wheel setup....

I am on a PS4 slim, and as I stated above since I delete temp data via the settings I do not have any freezes. What platform is everyone having the problems on? Do you have any other things running in background when you play GT7? Since this is a memory intensive game, it is the only thing I have running when I play, and use a controller, I do not have a wheel setup....
I'm on ps5 with fanatec wheel and pedals. But I mean it's designed to work with these things surely 🤷‍♂️

My screen has frozen 3x since 1.13.
Also the game has softcrashed while doing time trial with the newly added Capuccino. Have not driven it again since.
I use GT7 on PS4.

2 laps into daily gr3 race frozen. This is getting ridiculous 🙄
same issue here with me. It crashed 3 times in Sardegna. PS 5 Fanatec DD Pro wheel and pedals. IT GETS FRUSTRATING
Almost always on lap 12 or 13. The game doesn't want us to make money ;)

Last edited:
I'm getting stuttering than freezing , will do things mentioned in these post see if resolves for me, been like this for a while.

I'm so done with this game. This has happened to me 5 times now on three different tracks (SPA, Sardegna, and Tokyo). It always happens on the 2nd last or last lap (usually in the last corner for extra frustration) I finally had the presence of mind to record the issue but have no way of bringing this to PD's attention as they have no official bug reporting channels. Literal incompetence on their part.

Happening to me on a daily basis now.

Took a capture to show exactly how painful it is. Always happens on the last or second last lap....

Yup, happened to me daily aswell, the game doesn't freeze, just the picture.
I am done with GT7, I reinstalled game to see if it would fix the issue, it didn't & I feel like I have been robbed as gt7 was the only reason I purchased a ps5

Last edited:
I’ve been getting the same freeze problem, exactly as everyone else describes, for the past week while doing the Human Comedy races. Usually it’s well into the hour when it freezes, once with only three minutes left. I thought maybe it was a heat issue with the PS5, but it froze again on me today after only a modest amount of play, so I don’t think it is that.
This is happening to me. Did you find a solution.

This is happening to me. Did you find a solution.

The only thing that seems to have worked for me is regularly clearing the PS5 System cache. You can do this by either booting up the PS5 in safe mode or unplugging the console for about 1minute after powering it down. I clear this weekly and have yet to experience a GT7 freeze since.

The only thing that seems to have worked for me is regularly clearing the PS5 System cache. You can do this by either booting up the PS5 in safe mode or unplugging the console for about 1minute after powering it down. I clear this weekly and have yet to experience a GT7 freeze since.

Bit annoying, but not end of world to factor in a reboot for 'maintenance' once every few days (may do if before commencing with any longer races actually) but better than this freezing crap.

Just happened 5 mins from end of Tsukba Human comedy mission. Irony is I;ve been putting these endurances off for ages as not totally enamored by thought of races over 30 mins... was actually enjoying it tbf, almost going into this carthetic trance... quite therapeutic... until it crashed and had me more pissed off than before :D

Last edited:
Try replacing the ps5 cables their could be a faulty cable or try cleaning the hmd2 port on the PlayStation 5 and on the tv because dirt can get in the port holes and give all the tv cables a good clean and clean the cables from the ps5

Last edited:
For those of you that are experiencing GT7 freezing issues, try to rebuild the database in safe mode. My screen would freeze up for ~1.5s at a time where the race would continue and I would lose time in the race. This started happening with the latest 25th anniversary edition update 1.26. I recently tried the database rebuild and so far so good....

Instructions: PS4/5 should be turned off, boot in safe mode by holding down the start button, connect the controller with USB cable, selection option to rebuild database.

Latest Posts

Back