Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
Nurb GP (GT) it is.

M8c2DrI.png

Looks like the Maserati MC12 GT1 & the Porsche 911 GT1-98 match up pretty well. Let's take them out to Spa.

I probably won't be there until 9:30 or so though, RD is running GT2's at Road America and I can't pass that up.

Server is up already.

I'm not 100% sure I'll even make it. Had a long week and I'm pretty tired. I'm guessing after the RD race I'll probably be done for the night. Sorry.

Then again, RD is doing GT2s at Le Mans on Friday and I think I might want to hit that one up (I'm on of those few people who actually likes that track).

Yup. I just signed up for that and immediately came here to post something similar. I also enjoy Le Mans.

The server is still running the same combo so if people want to join they can, but perhaps we'll actually schedule it for the following week (the 23rd).

The only monkey wrench in that plan is if RD continues to run GT2's on Fridays. I really like driving them so it's possible they'll keep me away from FNF for a while until they switch to something different. Depends on the tracks they pick, I guess. We'll see how it goes.

My tune kinda sucked at Road America so hopefully I'll find some time this week to put something better together.

If I come up with something good, I'll sell it to ya for the low low price of $19.95

badk this week, by any chance? I'm not sure if I can join yet, but I want to try.

I'm torn at this point. The RD GT2 race is at Silverstone, which while I don't hate Silverstone as much as most seem to, I don't hate it either. I'll decide by tomorrow.

If we do run, we'll run the combo that's in the OP.

McLaren MC12? Did you mean the Maserati MC12?

D'oh! It's been like that for 2 weeks now and you're the first one to notice. Changed. Thanks.

Actually I might not be around at all for a little while. I think the potentiometer in my throttle pedal is shot.

I first noticed it the Saturday night after the RD race. It was only registering about 80% I thought maybe just a restart of the PC would fix it but it didn't. Tried a few different USB ports and still the same thing. Reinstalled Fanatec drivers too and nothing. Played around with it again tonight and no matter what I tried it would still only register about 80%

Hopefully I can find some time to take it apart and clean it in the next day or two. And hopefully that's all it needs is a good cleaning. If I have to order one I'm guessing I'll not be able to drive for a week or so.

I had times with my Elites that they would only register ~60%, happened semi-regularly for a while. Sometimes reinstalling the drivers would fix it. I think ultimately swapping out the USB cable fixed it. Though I have had it happen a couple times with the CSPs too but reinstalling the driver always fixes it.

I'm not doing the RD race tonight so I'll be around if FNF happens. Even with 80% brake you'd still probably be faster than most. :P Is it possible to adjust the brake pressure over 100%? That might fix it, but I don't think it's an option.

I think ultimately swapping out the USB cable fixed it.

That's one thing I didn't try. I'll give that a shot when I get home, thanks for the idea.

If you're not going to race though I'll probably jump in the RD race, so let me know what you decide.

Go ahead and sign up for the RD race. I just received an email from Rackservice saying my account was suspended. Apparently I forgot to pay the server bill this month.

Wiz
Go ahead and sign up for the RD race. I just received an email from Rackservice saying my account was suspended. Apparently I forgot to pay the server bill this month.

im-broke-5-5-2.gif

I could run it off my machine if needed.

If it turns out to be the USB cable, I'll run FNF if Brandon can be server/host.

If it's not the USB cable, I don't think I'll have time to tear apart my pedals and clean the potentiometer so I'll have to take the night off.

I'll know in about an hour.

Back