Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
Wiz
Sorry Jersey, I haven't been setting up a practice server, but probably should. Is that something most folks would take advantage of? I could fire it up for Thursdays if y'all are interested.

Sorry to hear about your PC troubles @kcheeb

I'd use it for sure. I've also setup servers on my rig before too. Never load tested it though. If needed could do it, pretty straight forward.

Thanks, if I knew it was just the power supply I'd just swap it myself. Wanted to be sure so I took it in.

So the new power supply goes in today, then I have to figure out how to get windows to boot.

Not sure what happened but it seems my boot disk (SSD) is a little wonky, won't load windows. Must have been some kind of surge or something :confused:

Looks more promising, but we'll see.

So the new power supply goes in today, then I have to figure out how to get windows to boot.

Not sure what happened but it seems my boot disk (SSD) is a little wonky, won't load windows. Must have been some kind of surge or something :confused:

Looks more promising, but we'll see.

Sounds like you might need to upgrade to one of these. :sly:

hamster%2Bgenerator.jpeg

I have to say, this car has the best external sound for a V8 I think I've ever heard in a game. The games I've tried are missing the bass end of the spectrum even on V8's. GT in particular really sucked when it came to bass. I'm sure most of us have been to the race track and heard a big American V8 at some point. You can literally feel it through the ground and in your bones, not just your ears. I usually play through my surround system and games rarely give the big self-powered sub a workout but this car does. It sounds and feels like a big 'Murican V8 in the replays:eek::eek:

Not sure if I'm going to make it. Windows install is fighting me.

Edit: Tom's hardware site to the rescue. Windows installing. Then get Steam installed and see what happens.

Last edited:
Not going to happen shortly. We'll see how long it takes to set everything up.

Have fun!

EDIT: Back in business mostly. Software setup almost complete, SimVibe left to do but I'm done for the night.

Thankfully I had most everything installed on a second drive and I'm a pack rat when it comes to keeping downloads. Only thing I had to go find was all the drivers for the on board ethernet and audio. Once the ethernet was installed, got GeForce Experience downloaded and set up pretty painlessly.

Sadly my AC settings in the Documents folder was gone. That'll get backed up to the second drive from time to time now though. And I'm going to get an external drive to do some system backups with now. Could have been much worse.

Hope you guys had fun tonight, sorry to miss the Camaro, like it a lot. See you next week!!!

Last edited:
Smaller turnout last night but still big fun. Thanks for coming out everyone!

Here are the detailed qualifying and race results from the first 2 races - Race Results

I think we'll stick with the Oreca at Spa on the 30th. I'll update the OP in the next day or so.

Man I messed up the Camaro event:mad: First I practiced with the wrong car and didn't realize it until I hit the lobby. Qualified on the stock setup and was well off the pace. Did some tweaks between races and in the second race I was close to being on pace but not quite there. Then I had a work emergency and had to boogie. Still some good racing in there. 👍

Could be worse, I was 5-6 seconds off the pace for some reason. It was like I was driving a different car than you guys. :boggled:

Hey guys.

@Wiz asked me to be a backup for the times he's not available to set up a practice server. I've no problem with it, problem is I've never really had many people on track at the same time. So I'm not 100% sure how many people my setup can handle.

I'd like to set up a test session next week. What nights and times work for you guys? I'm good Tuesday - Thursday from 7:00 p.m. MST (9:00 p.m. EST).

Hopefully we can get a few of us on track.

Hey guys.

@Wiz asked me to be a backup for the times he's not available to set up a practice server. I've no problem with it, problem is I've never really had many people on track at the same time. So I'm not 100% sure how many people my setup can handle.

I'd like to set up a test session next week. What nights and times work for you guys? I'm good Tuesday - Thursday from 7:00 p.m. MST (9:00 p.m. EST).

Hopefully we can get a few of us on track.
Read somewhere you need ~100kbps upload speed for each slot on your server. I'll try a fill a spot when you get it up.

Here's my SpeedTest.net stats. Not sure I could do a full room, but I guess that's what the test is for 👍

This was to a nearby server:
4088764245.png

NJ Server:
4088770125.png

I'll be firing a test practice server up Wednesday night @7:00 p.m. MST (9:00 p.m. EST).

I'll post the details here Wednesday afternoon.

I just realized @CC570 runs the VCRC races Wednesday. Don't want to conflict if I can help it.

Does Thursday work for the practice session?

I just realized @CC570 runs the VCRC races Wednesday. Don't want to conflict if I can help it.

Does Thursday work for the practice session?
Don't worry about conflict. I don't have a scheduled race so to speak. I'm leaving the server to run short races with short qualifying for a week at a time. The whole cycle takes about 25->30 minutes. There have been quite a lot of people on the server since I started this. Not necessarily the best racing, but fun nonetheless.

Don't worry about conflict. I don't have a scheduled race so to speak. I'm leaving the server to run short races with short qualifying for a week at a time. The whole cycle takes about 25->30 minutes. There have been quite a lot of people on the server since I started this. Not necessarily the best racing, but fun nonetheless.

:cheers: Let's leave it for Wednesday then.

For all I know this is going to bomb and we'll all hop over to run the Lotus @ Solitude '64.

Last edited:
OP updated with this Fridays specs.

The download for the car also comes with the Vette DP. We will not be using this car yet. Just the Oreca for Friday.

Now that these two cars are out and in a playable state, I'd love to get a mixed class race going sometime in the near future. Maybe run somewhere for an hour or two. Would need a decent size field to make it fun. Any interest?

Wiz
OP updated with this Fridays specs.

The download for the car also comes with the Vette DP. We will not be using this car yet. Just the Oreca for Friday.

Now that these two cars are out and in a playable state, I'd love to get a mixed class race going sometime in the near future. Maybe run somewhere for an hour or two. Would need a decent size field to make it fun. Any interest?
Always interested in racing, but in this case, only if there's a good sized field. To have 2 classes I think you need at least a half dozen of each and preferably more. Any less than say 10 competitors and you're better off with a single class. I'd stick to single cars until we can build up a decent following.

So here's the plan for tonight. Following the OP for setup, change in server name in bold-italics below.

Planning to fire the server up for 7:00 p.m. MST/9:00 p.m. EST. I'm going to start with 10 slots and if my machine and internet can handle it and there's enough demand I can up it.

I'll post here when it's all ready to go. See you tonight. And don't forget about the TeamSpeak server, so much easier to coordinate when we can talk to each other :D

Server Name: GoodTimesRacing.net - Test Server
Password: gtr77
Qualifying: 12 Minutes
8 lap races
Tuning: Open
Assists: Factory (autoclutch & blip allowed)
Penalties: OFF
Teamspeak: cerium.typefrag.com:4015
Teamspeak password: gtr77

Back