Friday Night Fun | Sept. 15th | Nord Track Day | Open LobbyPC 

• Thread starter Wiz
  • 1,388 comments
Just did 9 laps. Must say... The P4/5 is quite growing on me.. I am impressed how well it takes corners, and exiting corners. I was able to push a 1:51.635. Stock Tune.. Might need to tweak the gears, and a bit of the suspension.. But i am quite excited đź‘Ť

Just did 9 laps. Must say... The P4/5 is quite growing on me.. I am impressed how well it takes corners, and exiting corners. I was able to push a 1:51.635. Stock Tune.. Might need to tweak the gears, and a bit of the suspension.. But i am quite excited đź‘Ť
Not much adjustment to the gears. I think I dropped the top speed down to 260ish and that was it. I don't think the individual gears are adjustable.

I found with this car you had to push it hard or it oversteers. It seems to have a sweet spot where if you push it hard enough it's well balanced, but below and above that it oversteers. Overall a pretty easy car to drive though...could use another 2-300 hp:sly:

So far I can make it tonight...have to see if that holds up.

I might be running a tad late but the server is now open if you want to come in and do some practicing. I should be on about 8:45.

Great last race Wiz...one of my all time best battles for sure. I was 10/10ths all the way:crazy: Good race with you Brandon before that. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

My Murican ass was wide!! :D Those kerbs killed me, I could get all over them in practice and qualifying but when the race started they were like ice. Strange. Fun car though, I shaved another two seconds off my PB by the end of the night (only got down to 1:51.5 though).

My Murican ass was wide!! :D Those kerbs killed me, I could get all over them in practice and qualifying but when the race started they were like ice. Strange. Fun car though, I shaved another two seconds off my PB by the end of the night (only got down to 1:51.5 though).
It's possible the track was set to less than 100% grip. It felt a little less grippy to me and even with a perfect lap I couldn't get within a half second of my practice time and probably should have beat it by a half second at that point. It was certainly "green" and I know when I go to practice there's always some rubber in the groove.

Man i dont have endurance.. :\ I mean i do really well like first couple laps.. Then it would just go downhill.

Some Pictures.

16111440439_88998ebf8c_b.jpg

16297586645_407c903110_b.jpg

16110217320_ac76bd897f_b.jpg

16111730627_38ff963ce5_b.jpg

Nice pics:tup: Man I wish we could use our liveries:grumpy:

If you send each other....and install each others skins, then wouldn't you start seeing each others liveries showing up in your mutual online races with that other person?

That's the way it worked back in the day when I used to run motogp, Papyrus Nascar, etc.

Skins need to be on the server too, to see during a race.

In pickup mode you can't choose your skin. It's assigned by the pit stall you end up in.

Edit: I believe in replays if you have the skin locally, you'll see it.

Last edited:
Prebooking is the way to use skins. Have the skins uploaded on the server. Prebooking uses a entry_list.ini file like pickup races you specify the skin to each car in the entry_list file. The difference in prebooking is that you specify a GUID (steam id) for each each car so only that specific driver can use that car.

^ Things like that make you realize what GT actually got right. I presumed PC games would have much more robust online features but the two games I play are bare bones and clunky.

Yeah but when all the options in GT6, for colour, are on every system, because you can't make your own, it's easy.

When you have a moddable paint/skin system, you can do a few ways.

1. Have them all loaded on the server and download as needed to a client. You still need it on your own system to select from. Adds time to server join/startup.

2. Load a custom skin from the client to a server, then download as above. Adds server connect time.

3. As it is in AC now, minimizes server connect times, no skin files to download and/or upload.

Not sure any of the options are ideal, but at least with the way AC does it, the server code only needs to manage race type things.

^ Things like that make you realize what GT actually got right. I presumed PC games would have much more robust online features but the two games I play are bare bones and clunky.
With $80Million to develop a game I should hope GT gets a few things right:D. No offense to AC but I think PCars is going to smoke AC in just about every way except physics which I think will be on par. PCars IMO is the largest sim racing effort in the history of gaming whereas I see AC as a much smaller effort in scale that gets a few things right but isn't aiming to be all things to all people. It's mostly a solo driving game with AI and online thrown in without a lot of refinement. No slight on the team at all they have done a wonderful job given their size and scope and I'm very happy with the driving experience of AC, but PCars will simply be on a completely different level. It should be a complete game in all aspects.

With $80Million to develop a game I should hope GT gets a few things right:D. No offense to AC but I think PCars is going to smoke AC in just about every way except physics which I think will be on par. PCars IMO is the largest sim racing effort in the history of gaming whereas I see AC as a much smaller effort in scale that gets a few things right but isn't aiming to be all things to all people. It's mostly a solo driving game with AI and online thrown in without a lot of refinement. No slight on the team at all they have done a wonderful job given their size and scope and I'm very happy with the driving experience of AC, but PCars will simply be on a completely different level. It should be a complete game in all aspects.
The reason I invested in AC and not Pcars is modding.

The reason I invested in AC and not Pcars is modding.
Each game certainly has it's own attractions, I expect to be playing both for a long time and both are worthwhile in their own way. I just expect PCars to be the more complete game and more ideally suited to racing with full flags, full weather, day/night cycles, full race weekends, massive quantities of liveries online etc. I also expect a more robust online community although that remains to be seen:sly:

^ Those are the things I want from a sim so I hope it comes through. AC is nice to drive but as a package it's been a pretty big letdown from what I expected. It has potential to be really good but it has a really long way to go.

There's no doubt AC isn't complete. If I remember correctly, the team has said they have features to add for Career mode and Online play. Changes to the AI and I'm sure we'll see tweaks various bits of code. Wish the team was a little larger so it was more complete đź‘Ť But it's also a lot of the charm I find in the game. Still my number one go to.

rFactor2 with build 910 is back up in my books too. I just wish it was a little easier to get involved with. Bit of a learning curve when it comes to mods and setup. The feel is as good as AC and the Online racing is full featured.

Don't know much about pCars other than the hype. I've preordered it so will have more of an opinion come March.

What it comes down to for me is finding a good group of people to race with in a sim/game that feels and looks good.

I just got GCSE tonight, it seems to have a very active community over on RD and lots of features like flags and night racing. Lots of mods too. I only had a brief go with it, but I like it.

Completely agree! AC Online community is horribe. RFactor is a tad better honestly.

We're starting one here :-)

And the Racedepartment AC club is a good group too.

I just got GCSE tonight, it seems to have a very active community over on RD and lots of features like flags and night racing. Lots of mods too. I only had a brief go with it, but I like it.

GCSE?

Game Stock Car Extreme. Runs on a highly polished version of the RF1 motor so it's extremely moddable and stable. Looks and runs great on Ultra settings on my rig. Lots of RF1 mods have been converted for it so there's just about every car and track you could want available.

Quick question... will using mods prevent some of you from being able to participate? I know that some folks may have bandwidth caps that could hinder their ability to download a bunch of stuff. Just wondering. I'd really like to use some mods in the near future, but don't want anyone to feel excluded.

Wiz
Quick question... will using mods prevent some of you from being able to participate? I know that some folks may have bandwidth caps that could hinder their ability to download a bunch of stuff. Just wondering. I'd really like to use some mods in the near future, but don't want anyone to feel excluded.

No issue here :P

Latest Posts

Back