Fridays SHELBY v CHEVY Season 2 untuned 20:30-21:30 BST- FINAL ROUND (12) - Mar 31stFinished 

Round 8 Photos.

Circuito di Roma_39.jpg Circuito di Roma_40.jpg Circuito di Roma_41.jpg Circuito di Roma_42.jpg Circuito di Roma_43.jpg Circuito di Roma_44.jpg Circuito di Roma_45.jpg Circuito di Roma_46.jpg Circuito di Roma_47.jpg Circuito di Roma_48.jpg Circuito di Roma_49.jpg Circuito di Roma_51.jpg

Can I just ask: What car am I supposed to use now? The team column says Chevy, but if I'm reading the colour correctly it says XJ13 or Cobra.

From Rounds 7-12: Dover White Art Morrison Corvette.

Did I get my number wrong this week lol two number 9s.

I think you are number 44 Garnet Red XJ13 Jaguar Max from rounds 7-12.

Round 9 S v C.jpg

Next Round 10 from Special Stage Route 5 Reverse (Night)

Last edited:
Well done to Mr Sutsagrd on his win! Your early pit strategy paid off. I had a great battle with yourself and Andreas. I think me and Andreas while trying to catch you actually held each other up. :)

It's a narrow track to pass on successfully. There is the straight but Sick seems to have the limits sorted out so there wasn't much advantage between the cars.

It was good to join in again. Shame I'm not a bit more regular since I seem to get on well with the Jag.

Well done to Mr Sutsagrd on his win! Your early pit strategy paid off. I had a great battle with yourself and Andreas. I think me and Andreas while trying to catch you actually held each other up. :)
Thanks Paul. It was as much a surprise to me as to everyone else!!:eek:

I was having a great time battling with Simba and you too. I knew you were faster but as you say, if you keep the racing line it's really hard to pass.
I was easily passed by Harsk in the first lap but he made an uncharacteristic error which allowed us all a gap. Otherwise battling with Harsk and you two would have been too much.

So I peeled off for an early pit. However I never thought it would work. I could see Simba at the end of the pit lane about to exit just as I got there but my momentum allowed me to get ahead.

SSR5 is usually a bad circuit for me but weirdly the reverse layout and the sliding jag seemed to gel!

That's my win for another year then. :DThanks all.
:cheers:

Round 10 Special Stage Route 5 Reverse

Big congratulations to the winner Sutsagrd and to fellow podium men Simba (2nd) and IfAndOr (3rd). The top three were a long way ahead at the end of the race. Harsk was uncharacteristically struggling with the car and track combination and despite numerous mistakes and half spins I almost caught him for 4th place. The last lap was particularly exciting as Harsk and I were battling for position while Sutsagrd was just a whisker behind and almost lapped us.

Congratulations to Harsk on winning the championship with two rounds remaining. Simba is currently on 187 points. If he wins the final two rounds he will jump to 237 with 13 points to be deducted (from his lowest scoring round) i.e. a possible final total of 224 against Harsk's Round 10 total of 233.

Congratulations to all the drivers - hopefully the final two rounds will be exciting!

Round 10.jpg

Last edited:
Round 10 Special Stage Route 5 Reverse

Big congratulations to the winner Sutsagrd and to fellow podium men Simba (2nd) and IfAndOr (3rd). The top three were a long way ahead at the end of the race. Harsk was uncharacteristically struggling with the car and track combination and despite numerous mistakes and half spins I almost caught him for 4th place. The last lap was particularly exciting as Harsk and I were battling for position while Sutsagrd was just a whisker behind and almost lapped us.

Harsk has a big lead in the championship thanks to his great record early on and will probably wrap up the championship next round with one remaining.

View attachment 634754
Yes, unfortunately, I had struggled with this track, since I'm not very good with the tight corners. Tried to catch Andreas, but he kept running away from me, which has made me impossible to catch. But anyways, I'm happy, because Sutsgard has won and he's my teamate for Shelby. If a Chevrolet driver would win the race, I would be very angry...

Anyways, looking forward to see you guys in next round! :cheers:

Great photos as always @John Wells - they look especially good this week with the night effects!

A reminder to everyone that it is the penultimate round this week so hopefully we will get a big turnout - it's a great track so should be a great race.

I found this Gem on the Ford Heritage section of YouTube - it's a publicity film made to mark the historic success of the "Ford" Cobra in 1963.

Last edited:
Round 11 from Trial Mountain Reverse

Great close racing last night - congratulations to Sutsagrd on another win - can he continue this streak and claim the final round? I enjoyed a great battle for second with Harsk, but after the pit stop I was unable to match my previous lap times and he escaped my clutches.

Round 11.jpg

The next round will be historic - our final race on PS3 and GT6!

Sick and all

I can't believe I didn't realise I would be away from home today. So, I'm going to miss the final ever race in Sick's race room for GT6.

I'm really sorry I can't be there and I was on a winning streak as well.

All the best in your new rooms on the PS4 and project cars.

I don't expect to buy a PS4 until GTS comes out or even GT7 and the PS5 comes out.

Might see you all again then or in another gt6 raceroom while they still exist.

Been a pleasure racing with you Sick.
:cheers:

Join us today at Grand Valley Speedway for a historic final race on GT6 before completing the switch over to PS4 and Project Cars. If you aren't a member of "Sick's Race Room" yet, you can still join and race with us today - for PS3 membership just send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder

You will then be sent a club invitation for club number 1000875. You will need a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Race Car - tuning prohibited, limited to 480bhp and on Sports Soft tyres. All ability levels welcomed from raw novice to seasoned pro - just do your best to race cleanly and fairly.

All regular drivers will be in their normal cars for round 12.

It was great to be there for the Final Fling. It's a pity there weren't a few more drivers but hey ho.

I'm glad I managed to make it since I kept Harsk occupied for a few laps. ;)
Good driving and defending Harsk you really have improved your race craft. Sick and his race crew have helped you I think.

Since I had a win can my Sick Cylinder GT6 silver driver status be reevaluated? Oh no wait a minute, after all these years, it's too late. :P

Cheers go to Sick. Shame it's got to end but all good things etcetera.

See you all around here and there.

Round 12.jpg
Round 12 Final Points.jpg

Congratulations to Harsk on an emphatic championship victory. Also congratulations to the Shelby Team for the win with Harsk, SimbaLora and Sutsagrd taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Sick Cylinder was the top Chevrolet driver in 4th, mainly due to the low attendance of the faster Chevy drivers.

A great series, with well matched cars - our final GT6 series as "Sick's Race Room" has now moved to Project Cars and PS4.

Latest Posts

Back