FRL ~ DTM - NEXT RACES: N24 15th APRIL

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 220 comments
How can adding weight make the car faster? :lol:

I forgot that we dont race on default settings :D I couldn't figure out why 98% was heavier than 100%. ALso, I just woke up ^^

That aside :
Can we please NOT stream todays race ? Im not a network engineer, but this can cause lag. I dont want an other destruction derby like last week :)

Last week's situation was caused by Furi and the servers.
Oh shut up about it being Furi already, last weekend was clearly a server problem and your ToCA issues have either been on your end or RPH's, since they happen when you both race. I know blaming Furi is fun, but come on. But then judging on your sig from yesterday you don't seem to like to let a dead horse lie.

Oh shut up about it being Furi already, last weekend was clearly a server problem and your ToCA issues have either been on your end or RPH's, since they happen when you both race.
It was just my thought, don't get furious over it, Jesus...

judging on your sig from yesterday you don't seem to like to let a dead horse lie.
Huh?

Also @Furinkazen I'm still trying to find a solution to the issue. Hope everything goes well today, I'm not sure if I can take part.

There were two streams running during TOCA yesterday with no issue. I also streamed the first DTM round and there were no issues then either. How about we stop blaming furi for the stuff he had no control over and actually blame him when it is necessary.

Stop me if I'm wrong but I think that only ping and download speed count to race online. On an other hand only upload speed count to stream.
Considering this, there's no problem streaming when racing online.
Am I wrong?

Stop me if I'm wrong but I think that only ping and download speed count to race online. On an other hand only upload speed count to stream.
Considering this, there's no problem streaming when racing online.
Am I wrong?
Upload does have an effect, but only very minor. If anyone is capable of streaming without lag, there's going to be no issue.

@Litchi for some reason your livery wasn't showing for a number of us on track last week and had disappeared from Nurburgring replays.

Last edited:
I will fix Litchi's livery before next race. I have uploaded a lot of decals in the past few months and i recently removed a lot of them as i never use them anymore. Apparently this screwed up all the liveries I created :(

About the races : can we please stop acting like we are Max Verstappen in the first few laps? Its a 40 minute race, as far as i know you can't win any money with this championship. In the first two (?) Laps of the first race, i went from p10 to p5 (?) without having any battle. Every few corners someone was off the track. In race 2 it was the other way around. Chaos at the start + I got "sport-mode-style" hit in the back in the second Lesmo, dont know who it was, but he just kept going like nothing happened.

Thanks Crazyjohn for giving your position back twice, you didnt have to do it the second time as the crash was my own fault, i didnt see you coming and didnt give you space. But again, we are no Max Verstappens, going side by side with 3 cars in the breaking zone is always dangerous.

But apart from all the whining from above, i enjoyed today's race, had a great battle with Yeratel in race1. Looking forward to the next one!

#WeAreNotMax

I don't understand what's wrong with me in this car...
I can be very consistant for several laps and then I just crash 3 times in a lap. Plus this car takes ages to recover :(

Thanks Crazyjohn for giving your position back twice, you didnt have to do it the second time as the crash was my own fault, i didnt see you coming and didnt give you space. But again, we are no Max Verstappens, going side by side with 3 cars in the breaking zone is always dangerous.
No worries, I had a terrible race which didn't ever end.

About the braking zone situation: I saw a reasonable gap and went for it. I know it was too dangerous but the race was a crash fest (on the first laps) anyway.

Race 1 wasn't so bad for me. Didn't have a good setup and it showed because I only had straight line speed.

Race 2 was promising for half a lap. 40 minutes isn't enough time to make one comeback, two times is impossible.

April 1st is Easter and I’m not sure about you guys but I will be with family all day so I won’t be able to attend that race. If this is an issue for most than maybe we could consider pushing the race back a week. Just wanted to mention this.

Finally got around to getting Monza photo's. Some of my favorites:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402112850.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402112945.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113122.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113428.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113552.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113635.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113749.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180402113821.jpg

Definitely a crazy couple of races. Anyways cya all at Nurb!

Not feeling as excited as I initially was. Did three race distances of practice before it got postponed. Now that the fast guys have had time to practice I probably won't do as good as I wanted to. Oh well. At least the series is almost over.

Something came up and I won't be able to race this weekend.
I'm not sure about the remainder of the season altogether...

Back