FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments
  • 300,708 views
With ToCA discontinuing I think it's fair to say I'm done with GT6 racing series.
I have some quite literally dreadful series planned that you really might want to miss, but you're free to come along anyway.
 
Slow Noob, why not do a spot of WSC on occasion?
I'll think about it. It's just that I don't have a massive interest in it atm but I would be able to make 5 races in August.

Just that GT isn't as good as it used to be around a year ago.
 
I'll think about it. It's just that I don't have a massive interest in it atm but I would be able to make 5 races in August.
👍 that's fine by me :)
 
Also, with ToCA finishing and no other guaranteed FRL races after WSC my total FRL race entries will be 198. Fitting for a No.2 driver to be 2 away from 200

(Sorry for double post <3)
 
Ech, it was a good run in my 2 seasons. A couple of podiums was good enough for despite some rough racing. Good thing I already made a contingency plan to switch to Super GT endurance racing when I did.

I'll be on PS4 when AC is out, I'm gunna skip Shift 3 (PCars).

I'm walking away from future PS4 sims due to the ongoing legacy wheel debacle. None deserve my cash.
 
I do but I don't like it a lot. I imagine it'll be much better when I eventually get a wheel (probably next year).
 
I'm walking away from future PS4 sims due to the ongoing legacy wheel debacle. None deserve my cash.
Well when I get my PS4, I will buy a G29, played too many racing games with a controller, it's about time I used a wheel.
 
Well when I get my PS4, I will buy a G29, played too many racing games with a controller, it's about time I used a wheel.

Don't. It's 300+ quid for some extra buttons and the shifter is sold separately, plus the mechanicals are ripped from the G25/7. Check the G29 thread for all the backlash.
 
Probably going to get a T300 instead of G29 but I'm not in a rush. Was waiting for the G29 but when I saw the prices and how it apparently hadn't been improved from the G27 I gave up on it.
 
Probably going to get a T300 instead of G29 but I'm not in a rush. Was waiting for the G29 but when I saw the prices and how it apparently hadn't been improved from the G27 I gave up on it.

I just won't get a new wheel at all and go back to arcade racers and Forza with a pad. My sim days are done after GT6.
 
Don't. It's 300+ quid for some extra buttons and the shifter is sold separately, plus the mechanicals are ripped from the G25/7. Check the G29 thread for all the backlash.
Well I just want a wheel that works with PS3 & PS4, I'm used to paddle shift so I don't see the problem with the shifter from my point of view. If anything I don't listen to that type of stuff, I just buy it (done that with a lot of things before.)
 
I have the ex @paulmac2k9 dfgt for PC, pad otherwise for me. Also incidentally got hp gaming laptop at weekend.
 
I haven't enjoyed using a DS3 to drive since I got a wheel. I was going to get a PC but I think I'll manage with PCars and GT7
 
BTW noticed you applied for the TGC... you'll like it there ;)
Yeah I need to check that forum more often... you're the 2nd person to say they noticed me on the list, before I'd even checked the list :p
 
BTW noticed you applied for the TGC... you'll like it there ;)
Yeah I need to check that forum more often... you're the 2nd person to say they noticed me on the list, before I'd even checked the list :p

What is TGC?
 
...despite the sometimes questionable moves, odd / poor car choices ... Suzuki Swift @Downhill Dino ? ...

Yup. I'm not terribly slow, I can be quick, but in every series I enter (WSC especially) I always end up choosing a car that I simply can not drive that well. The 250 GTO was probably my most consistent season but I probably should've gone for something I can drive well and I know I would be a little more competitive. But where's the fun in that? I like the challenge.

:cheers:
 
Yup. I'm not terribly slow, I can be quick, but in every series I enter (WSC especially) I always end up choosing a car that I simply can not drive that well. The 250 GTO was probably my most consistent season but I probably should've gone for something I can drive well and I know I would be a little more competitive. But where's the fun in that? I like the challenge.

:cheers:
Well if you fancy the odd outing in the current season in a 250 go for it :))
 
Damn, where will I get my demolition derby fix now?

What of the future? PCARS looks appetising and BTCC tracks and cars as DLC later onwards. If things work out, maybe on PS4 something could happen, but it is a big IF and some way off in any eventuality.

Come quick, the random pubs are too nice to my liking.
 
Damn, where will I get my demolition derby fix now?



Come quick, the random pubs are too nice to my liking.

:lol: Hey pal, good to see you on occasion still active. Also send message to SMS saying "RENAULT LAGUNA, NOW!" Of course Ginetta Juniors could always be a fun bash :p
 
:lol: Hey pal, good to see you on occasion still active. Also send message to SMS saying "RENAULT LAGUNA, NOW!" Of course Ginetta Juniors could always be a fun bash :p
Clios are fun too, nice to throw around without a care in the world. Perfect for the gang here.
 
Back