FRL (Furi's Race Leagues): Phase #1 On PS3 2011-2015... Phase 2 Incoming...

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,310 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
WELCOME TO FURI RACING LEAGUES

THE "FRL" ON GRAN TURISMO 6!

20321071658_a624be8c1a_o.png

~Credit to @FlyingFox for the logo~​

~The Fastest, Friendliest, Most Competitive Racing Group On GTPLANET!~​

This is the FRL. A bringing together of the racers of some of the most competitive fun races on GTPlanet, ranging from the bumper to bumper touring car action of ToCA to the gruelling classics of the World Sportscar Championship to the noisy adrenaline rush of NASCAR, or something totally ridiculous to suggest as a spot race, like Tank Cars on Kart Space - we have something for nearly everyone.​
Our ground rules are purely - stay clean, stay cool, and enjoy yourself! This thread is intended as a general discussion between members, get to know your fellow racers, and discuss anything not quite related to the topics. The thread will be regularly updated and changed to make it better.​
LIST OF ACTIVE/UPCOMING SERIES:
Currently active championships and discussion:
ToCA12 - GTP #1 Touring Car Series (ONGOING, 3 SPACES OPEN)
ToCA Clio Cup Season 2 (ONGOING)
V8 Supercars (BEGINS DECEMBER)

LIST OF PAST SERIES / CHAMPIONS HALL OF FAME:

GTE Grand Touring Endurance:
GTE was a GT series based on GT5 road cars specced to LM GTE regulations. It had a near flawless BoP, amazing racing and is often requested as a return for GT6. Work has commenced on such a return.

GTE Grand Touring Endurance
- PRO: @smuffyatcp ; AM: @Furinkazen

INDYCAR
Inspired by @Tom. and his Indycar Series, FRL ran a series of their own with the flagship being the FRL Indianapolis 500!

FRL Indycar Season 1 - @Spurgy 777 ; Teams: ECM

IROC:
An all-star event in every sense. The best oval and circuit racers from GTP NASCAR, ToCA, WSC and more together in a 50/50 oval/circuit series in identical Chevrolet Camaro SS racecars. It was due to return in 2013 but never came to fruition. However the series is much loved, and a return after over a year and a half on GT6 would be welcomed by many.

IROC I - @Niop
IROC II - @DrifterJoe

MIGHTY MINIS
Minis on small tracks, so we could all do our own Italian Job - or Londo sightseeing (and we did do that!)

Mighty Mini's - @Yeratel84

NASCAR TRUCK SERIES
Run out of the GTP NASCAR orgnaisation, the GTP NASCAR Truck Series was a formidable championship with 700hp FR trucks in close quarters oval racing on Gran Turismo 5.

GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 1 - @MustangRyan
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 2 - @MustangRyan
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 3 - @DrifterJoe
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 4 - @Akmuq ; Teams: Pepsi Racing
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 5 (Pre-Season)
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 5 - @Spurgy 777 ; Teams: Pepsi Racing
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 6 (Pre-Season)
GTP NASCAR Truck Series Season 6 - Abandoned through season.​
ToCA:
The original FRL series. What started in concept as a small touring car competition quickly grew into an enormous championship. 24 races a season, over 8 different car models, and in the last season on GT5 an unbelievable 17 winners from 24 races. ToCA is still going on GT6 for a new era of even closer, tougher intense racing, and remains a cornerstone of the FRL.

ToCA Season 1 - @DK
ToCA Season 2 - @DK
ToCA Season 3 - @Sumo098 ; Independents: @Sumo098;
Teams: MRT-Volvo
ToCA Season 4 - NEVER STARTED DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES
ToCA Season 4.2 - @DaxCobra ; Independents: @paulmac2k9 ;
Teams: VenoMMotorsports-Honda
ToCA Season 5 - @Spurgy 777 ; Independents: @DrifterJoe ;
Teams: DBC Racing-Mazda; Makes: Volvo
ToCA6 - @Spurgy 777 ; Independents: @chrisjohnson93 ;
Teams: RPM-Volvo; Makes: Volvo
ToCA7 - @Spurgy 777 ; Independents: @Yeratel84 ;
Teams: RPM-Infiniti; Makes: Mazda
T8CA (Pre-Season)
T8CA - @smuffyatfcp ; Independents: @gtpanoz ;
Teams: RPM-Volkswagen; Makes: Volkswagen
ToCA9 - @Yeratel84 ; Independents: @Carbonox ;
Teams: SYM-Mazda; Makes: Mazda
ToCA10 - @DrifterJoe ; Jack Sears Trophy: @chrisjohnson93
Teams: SYM-Honda; Makes: Ford
ToCA11 - @Ninners ; Jack Sears Trophy: @Holdenhsvgtsr
Teams: SYM-Nissan; Makes: Ford
ToCA12 - ONGOING

ToCA-Sanctioned / Supporting Events:
ToCA has had a history of supporting events. From Renault Megane and Clio competition to the high powered Carrera Cup, or the infamous "Legends" entries for older spec machines, there has been some significant competition even if it was the second on the bill.

ToCA Megane Challenge - @Carbonox / @neljack (SHARED, RUN IN THE "ToCA Season 3" Thread)
ToCA John Cooper Challenge - NEVER STARTED DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES ( RUN IN THE "ToCA Season 4" Thread)
ToCA Carrera Cup Season 1 - @Spurgy 777
ToCA Carrera Cup Season 2 - PRO: @Spurgy 777 ; PRO-AM1 @Furinkazen ; PRO-AM2 @sparkytooth
ToCA Legends (with @Akmuq ) - @DrifterJoe
ToCA Clio Cup Season 1 - @Ninners ; Scholarship: @Andil ; Teams: RPM
ToCA Clio Cup Season 2 - ONGOING

BONUS: ToCA Photo Gallery (GT5)

WORLD SPORTSCAR MASTERS (WSM)
The World Sportscar Masters was a dream race, envisaged as a showdown between classic Le Mans cars. It struggled for double figure grids however and disappeared as a name after two seasons, however with the earmarking of the prestigious Le Mans event, the foundations had been laid for something much larger...

World Sportscar Masters Season 1
- @Sumo098
World Sportscar Masters Season 2 - C1: @Akmuq ; C2: @Ellis

WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP (WSC)
After the struggles of the WSM, a re-organisation occurred and the series made the ambitious move to larger races and more powerful classes, which helped revitalise the championship. Le Mans continued the flagship of the new "World Sportscar Championship" but later on, a revolution occured with a near stock production GT class joining the ever present 20 million racecars. This sent the championship on a near vertical ascent and ever since then, despite tweaks to the formula and an upgrade of classes, it has never looked back. The WSC is an FRL fan favourite and literally the longest and most enduring championship in the entirety of the FRL, and continues to do so today.

WSC I - C1: @Spurgy 777 ; C2: @Niop
WSC II - C1: @Spurgy 777 ; C2: @Matty
WSC III - PT: @DrifterJoe ; GT: @SagarisGTB
WSC IV - PT: @DrifterJoe ; GT: @SagarisGTB ; ST: @raceorama123432[/USER
[URL='https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wsc-v-yera-wins-final-pt-race-lout-steals-gt-class-at-spa.286099/']WSC V[/URL] - PT: [USER=125721]@DrifterJoe
; GT: @snowgt
WSC VI - PT: @gtpanoz ; GT: @Yeratel84
WSC VII - GT-P: @DrifterJoe ; GT-O: @snowgt
WSC VIII - GT-P: @DrifterJoe ; GT-O @snowgt

SPOT RACES:
One off specials not attached to any championship.

Corvette C7 Festival
- @gokartman78
Le Mans Group C Revival - @SagarisGTB

SCRAPPED / ABANDONED EVENTS
Not every concept makes it to the track, some of these never even got off the drawing board.

1000 Corners Of Liege Rally

Andros Trophy
FRL-PURE Classic 24 Hours Of Le Mans.
GTP ARCA Series
IROC III[/USER]​

[URL='https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nascar-nationwide-series-season-1-pd-fix-the-glitch.233505/']NASCAR Nationwide Series[/URL]

[SPOILER="REGISTERED MEMBERS / # REGISTER"][B]LIST OF REGISTERED MEMBERS (ACTIVE / # REGISTERED):[/B]
[LEFT]
Racers considered "active" within FRL - who have taken part or have made a significant contribution in recent FRL-organised events. They are assigned a car number for events. Some drivers have 2 numbers as they use them for specific races / events. Clashing numbers will only cause and issue if both people are in the same race together.
[/LEFT]
[B]FRL NUMBER REGISTER (UPDATED AS OF 4/5/15)[/B]

#2 [USER=209704]@gokartman78
/ @raceorama123432 (WSC Special)
#5 @Spurgy 777
#7 @raceorama123432 / @BRRT_Angel
#9 @ranhammerR34
#10 @hsv
#11 @cnd01 / @Roo / @Ettick
#12 @Yeratel84 / @rcb929
#13 @Damon Hill
#14 @AudiMan2011
#15 @Panoz / @CAMikaze (V8 SUPERCARS Special)
#16 @cnd01 (V8 SUPERCARS Special) / @Roflwaffle
#17 @rustyMercedes
#20 @smuffyatfcp
#21 @jammy21
#22 @smuffyatfcp
#23 @Downhill Dino
#24 @Mikey24
#30 @Michelin
#34 @The Stig Farmer
#35 @R0ssingt0n
#36 @PatrisS136
#37 @R1600Turbo
#38 @CAMikaze
#41 @Aderrrm
#43 @LancerEvo7
#44 @SkengD / @Ninners
#45 @Mike458
#50 @CAMikaze (WSC Special)
#51 @Ninners (V8 SPECIAL)
#54 @Furinkazen
#55 @Scaniabebe
#56 @Carbonox
#60 @Michelin
#69 @JakobNascar88
#70 @xZAMGMarmite
#72 @snowgt
#77 @Andil / @Spurgy 777
#79 @GTracer98
#80 @nascarfan1400
#84 @Yeratel84
#85 @FlyingFox
#88 @RACECAR
#93 @chrisjohnson93
#94 @DK
#96 @GTracer38
#99 @megg230

Unregistered #:

Unavailable #:
#1 (RESERVED FOR SERIES CHAMPION)
#27 @DrifterJoe (# RETIRED)[/SPOILER]
FRL MEDIA:
Archive of official FRL articles and news pieces.
6255871-39779-under-construction-signs.jpg
MEMBER MEDIA:​
6255871-39779-under-construction-signs.jpg
Got your own race team inside the FRL? Got a Facebook page, Youtube account? Then let me know and i'll link it here!​
[/user]

Last edited:
Inactive, seriously? I was in the last TOCA stewarding.....:lol:

When you bothered to turn up. :lol:

Any more suggestions for OP be appreciated. I know we need links for bits like ooh... @Carbonox ToCA dictionary.

Speaking of ToCA - got results of the large survey I sent out to publish tonight, plus some interesting news :)

Oh boy am I looking forward to ToCA on GT6. Bring it on, Furi!

ToCA ON GT6 - Official Survey Results.

ToCA has always been the number 1 championship of the FRL for pure competition. I sent out a survey asking what was wanted on GT6. Out of 35 people asked, 21 responded and here are the results. Big thanks to @Akmuq , @chrisjohnson93 , @DK , @doblocruiser , @FlyingFox , @rustyMercedes @DrifterJoe , @Tom , @neljack , @gtpanoz , @paulmac2k9 , @ranhammerR34 , @rolo912011 , @smuffyatfcp , @snowgt , @Spurgy 777 , @polarbear345 , @cunny17 , @Scaniabebe , @R0ssingt0n for taking the time to respond.

1. ToCA for the last three seasons has used a Qualifying Heat Race to determine who progresses into the main events. I intend on keeping the Pre Quali system, but propose changing it to an open Qualifying session. This means rather than people rushing in for a Q event at 7.20pm, they have until 7.45pm to set a lap. Fastest laps are noted, top 4 are qualified. This helps people who join late or have connection issues as well. So, Open Quali Session, or keep the Heat Race?

13 out of 18 said Open Qualifying is a fairer system, so this will be implemented in future ToCA seasons.

2. Should ToCA race at Bathurst? It is a very popular track but some experienced figures inside the FRL have raised worries that it may be too narrow and difficult for some less experienced drivers. I personally would very much like ToCA at Bathurst, if not as part of the main series, then as a one off endurance event. So put it in the main series, as a standalone event, or not at all?

Majority want Bathurst, but some veterans don't like the idea. I think, having driven Bathurst now on GT6, the track isn't suited for mainstream competition. However, I still want to race there, like 16 out of 22 respondents. But it will be a standalone event, suggested by 7 people and be end of season as a special endurance event.

3. Should ToCA return to having fuel use and tyre wear off? The Racing Hard compound will be utilised in GT6 ToCA, Mediums will NOT return.

I wanted it on, as did a lot of people. 11 to 5 vote means tyre wear will return. Incidentally I reckon with RH tyres on GT6, at end of a 22 lap event at Brands Indy, FF's will have suffered around 30% wear. RH tyres are also grippy but when you go over the limit you know about it.

4. Ascari for ToCA? It is a long track but very technical and may be well suited to these cars. Yes or No?

This was unanimous one, in favour of yes. So ToCA will be heading to the Spanish resort, and by heck it is a fun track!

5. Additional point for Pole Position in Main Qualifying, and Fastest Lap and Leading a Lap like current BTCC?

People like the idea pretty overwhelmingly (14 to 3) but a few feel, and me myself on an organisational level, just Pole and Fastest Lap points will be implemented from here onwards.

6. Plans are for in the friday timeslot (previously held by NASCAR Trucks and ToCA Carrera Cup) for a ToCA Clio Cup. One part of this to offer new drivers a chance to prove themselves, also I have had the idea of allowing previously barred drivers (DJ, Dano spring to mind) to race in the championship. This is a way of seeing if they are just plain bad or simply not suited to ToCA racing. The series would develop drivers and be an interesting learning curve. I might even throw a prize in to top up and coming driver in Clio's of a confirmed starting spot in the next ToCA season. Thoughts?

Just 1 vote against, everyone else in favour. Been testing a Clio spec and it will be fun. Driver eligibility will be sorted, but this will support ToCA on all 8 event weekends. A 13th entry guaranteed slot for the winner for the next ToCA season looks likely as well.

7. Stewarding has always been a hot topic. I am going to possibly work on a "license points" system for ToCA. Much like real BTCC, this means drivers have to watch themselves as they may edge closer to a ban or penalty. This also would be made public in the OP, so no excuses for not knowing where you stand. A good idea?

Everyone voted yes to this, and indeed a license pts system will be implemented. In fact this could stretch across to other FRL series. However, this will also mean less penalties affecting on track position (position swaps, time penalties, etc).

8. Teams have been ever since the inception of my NGTC regs in TOCA S3 limited to two cars. Should three be allowed per team, or keep it at the two?

People prefer two, so that's how it's staying.

9. "Alien" drivers have been a hot topic in ToCA. Do you want a rule prohibiting these drivers from being entered into ToCA? Or not?

Interesting, a few thought aliens should not be in, a few said it's fine - final vote was 8-7 for "Aliens". In all honesty, as it is a general term and somewhat unfair to discriminate, i'm softening my stance. "Alien" termed drivers are still welcome to race. As pointed out by a couple, they raise the standard of driving and better drivers is only better for the series.

10. Cars currently used in ToCA are recent street models. Would people want to see ToCA perhaps with a spin off Super Touring Championship, or an S2000 / BTC spec series running separate in future? Or would you want it open to request a car, have it tested by me and testers, and then specs ratified for it? This is more time consuming however and as demonstrated by the ITCC, not an easy task to manage to get right.

Interesting one this. GT6 has not offered too many premiums. Now I will NOT do what others have done and say "any car, here you go". For now I am speccing the cars with help from testers. BUT if someone wants to request a car, I may consider that system. That car can be tested with the others and subject to conditions, permitted in as a unique entry. This is certainly one for the future.

11. 4WD systems are currently allowed in ToCA. I propose banning "True 4WD" as I call them by adjusting the Differential on cars to make them run as RWD in effect, at 10/90 Torque split. This a good idea?

Everyone agreed there had to be change, and a majority said keep them but make them RWD. I'm running a couple test hacks on GT6 for this. If 4WD returns, it won't be immediatly in ToCA.

And some bonus news: 6 out of 8 ToCA events are confirmed and pencilled in. :)

Have you tested any TOCA-specced cars? From what I heard grippy tyres make cars unsuitable for them undriveable.:D

Have you tested any TOCA-specced cars? From what I heard grippy tyres make cars unsuitable for them undriveable.:D

I have. RH tyres are grippy as hell. But less aero and more HP plus possible spec suspension make them still a challenge. Clio's be on SH though.

I have. RH tyres are grippy as hell. But less aero and more HP plus possible spec suspension make them still a challenge. Clio's be on SH though.
I've heard that they'd be borderline undrivable from the amount of grip offered.

The X-Bow is supposedly lovely on SH's but god-awful on SS's, for example.

For your information, due to how slow acquiring cars is, WSC is taking some time off. ToCA was last seen in October, time for it to take stage. Also with Uni for me, I am not 100% prepared to do the full 3 day of races that I used to do.

I would like to sign-up as an occasional or spare driver! I just can't commit myself a full season due to lack of time...

I enjoy touringcar racing a lot!!! :D

I would like to sign-up as an occasional or spare driver! I just can't commit myself a full season due to lack of time...

I enjoy touringcar racing a lot!!! :D

Doblo you'll like what I have in store in 2014 :) , Clio's are there as well as the main ToCA :)

Back