FRL - Le Mans Prototypes Exhibition Race - 6 December!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 204 comments
Yeah the start + the traffic when I needed clear air probably cost me but at least I know I gave it my best ;)

Btw the last corner move was a desperate one, I knew there was a small chance you would brake early on the inside but you did the right thing and covered off the outside meaning I had to take to the dirt.
It's alright, we both out broke ourselves.

Tried to make the fuel last as long as possible as I knew once I got the drive through I knew that I was in trouble fuel wise as I was using just over 8 litres a lap and was expecting to finish after 25 laps

Tried to make the fuel last as long as possible as I knew once I got the drive through I knew that I was in trouble fuel wise as I was using just over 8 litres a lap and was expecting to finish after 25 laps
Around the 30 minute mark, I had a accident after letting the leaders by the first time and it was to have thrown a monkey wrench into my pit strategy. I was thinking filling the tank after the accident would have me all set for the rest of the race but I had another driving miscue that caused me to pit again a lap later to top off the tanks just to be sure.

I was thinking to myself, 'If I have a quater tank remaining at the 15 minutes to go mark, I'm all set to the end.' Unfortunately, the gauge was at around 7/32nds full by that time, so I decided to have a go at trying to short shift and using the engine to break into the turns more. With the Low Fuel light coming on at the 10 to go mark and Panoz passing by to lap me, I decided to bring the car in for a splash-n-go and try to stay ahead of FlyingFox in the Furai. Turns out it was the the right thing to do even if Fox were to have gained ground on me.

Note for @Downhill Dino. at the start you are supposed to accelerate away, not fall asleep at the wheel so that someone crashes straight into the back of you at the start.

Wakey wakey!!

I think I crashed due to being on RM's in all honesty. I've never raced on them before so I couldn't really get into a grove. Not a big fan of slicks really, but running these things on sports tyres would have been stupid ;)

What was everyone fastest laps? I did a 29.8 with potential for a 29.3. Not bad considering I only did a 33 Q lap.

31.7 here
Edit: Was consistently in the 32's though.

Also, seeing @Panoz on my tail at the start of the race I though to my self, here goes another ToCA race with my old friend ;)

Best I did was a 4:03 with 2 spins. That's why I didn't race.
Hence why I switched out of the doritowing

I tried to do @smuffyatfcp justice for letting me use the Audi by bringing it home in a podium position but Furi's Toyota was so much faster and I had to keep putting in perfect laps to try and reduce the amount he'd gain on me each lap.

Hence why I switched out of the doritowing

I tried to do @smuffyatfcp justice for letting me use the Audi by bringing it home in a podium position but Furi's Toyota was so much faster and I had to keep putting in perfect laps to try and reduce the amount he'd gain on me each lap.

Then you tried asking for directions at Arnage :lol:

Then you tried asking for directions at Arnage :lol:
I caught the off camber kerb on the inside and it jsut spun me straight into the barrier, I was on full lock but it just kept coming round on me. Kind of like my friend Jon at Anglesey earlier this year:

@Spurgy 777 knows this section of track very well ;)

What was everyone fastest laps? I did a 29.8 with potential for a 29.3. Not bad considering I only did a 33 Q lap.
I had a 3'46.somethingorother in Quali, then I pulled off a 3'43 during the race. Fresh tires and light fuel, I guess...

And the way the RM's were wearing given the power and weight regs, you could have gone through the race on a single set of tires and pitted for fuel only if PD logic would let ya. Something for them to consider for a future GT6 update and/or GT7?

Back