FRL ~ ToCA10 ~ GTP #1 ~ Polyphony Digital Win Bathurst From JoeOfTheFire.Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,741 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Clios ran SH in an attempt to slow it down a bit, but i'm looking at this from a realistic point of view. All one make series run slicks, so i'm just copying that.

Clio's didn't.... You don't need racing tyres on everything.

But running them with lower tyres makes it more fun and closer, RH just adds a grip multiplier making it easier to drive and not very challenging.

I understand that Clios ran SH in an attempt to slow it down a bit, but i'm looking at this from a realistic point of view. All one make series run slicks, so i'm just copying that.
I know F1 isn't a one make series but they ran grooved tyres for 10 years.

A race series should run race tyres, not road tyres.
Maybe if they're race cars, not lightened Ford Focuses.

That and Sports Hards are more than enough grip, nicer to drive and there is also no 'point-and-squirt' involved when exiting corners, you have to position the car better to gain time.

Racing in TOCA has probably distorted your idea on how driving a road car fast actually works....

That and Sports Hards are more than enough grip, nicer to drive and there is also no 'point-and-squirt' involved when exiting corners, you have to position the car better to gain time.

Racing in TOCA has probably distorted your idea on how driving a road car fast actually works....

Also pointing out that we've had no tuning which has made cars harder to handle.

Meh, if you like Racing tyres, race ToCA. If you like Sports tyres, race BTCC. I'm really not arsed.

Also worth noting ToCA cars on GT6 are more powerful as well, whilst BTCC are heavier.

Meh, if you like Racing tyres, race ToCA. If you like Sports tyres, race BTCC. I'm really not arsed.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with BTCC - it was just the first Series I could think of that didn't run Racing tyres! :P

All i'm doing is adding some realism, if you want to bash it, you can bash all the real race series that use racing tyres.

But running them with lower tyres makes it more fun and closer, RH just adds a grip multiplier making it easier to drive and not very challenging.

I know F1 isn't a one make series but they ran grooved tyres for 10 years.
Yes, because cut slicks are equivalent to road tyres...

Have you ever been referred to as either 'blunt', 'stubborn' or 'dense'?
I'll forget you said that shall I...

I suppose since real touring cars start as road cars, they shouldn't use racing tyres? Or only F1 cars and cars designed from the ground up to race should use them?

I suppose since real touring cars start as road cars, they shouldn't use racing tyres? Or only F1 cars and cars designed from the ground up to race should use them?

All right... you pitched your idea and it didn't gather much support (well, no support actually :P)... so just move on

You are going totally off topic now...

Yes but a lightened Ford Focus is not a touring car. Also a Focus could be lightened by anybody as long as they find a garage willing to do so.

Also this is interesting considering you are a " Future professional racing driver"

Yes but a lightened Ford Focus is not a touring car. Also a Focus could be lightened by anybody as long as they find a garage willing to do so.

Also this is interesting considering you are a " Future professional racing driver"
Isn't it so interesting that I want to race on racing tyres, and this somehow impacts on my future... makes sense.

I'll start the series how I want to, it's a bit of fun racing, join, don't join, I don't care. I'll end up with a bunch of people who just want equal, competitive racing.

I like how this went from "I want a ToCA series" to a "don't join and I don't care..."

I like how this went from "I want a ToCA series" to a "don't join and I don't care..."
Well I was testing the water with it, and since people flew of the hook over a tyre choice, I guess they wouldn't be suited to this championship.

Anyhow, if anyone has idea's or things to discuss, please do here instead :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/frl-furis-race-leagues-toca11-coming-soon.292323/
Screenshot2012-07-09at51905PM.png

There are a few exceptions, like Minis and Ginetta Juniors, but a large percentage do. But everybody hated that idea so I scrapped it, check the FRL thread for WHTBOGTTCTTASRS.

ToCA11 is around 10 minutes away, but I do need to do makes championship tables for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back