FRL ~ ToCA10 ~ GTP #1 ~ Polyphony Digital Win Bathurst From JoeOfTheFire.Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,741 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's either a Mazda or an Alfa for me. I'm actually leaning for the Mazda, I think it looks quite touring car-y.
The Lexus was very rewarding to drive, but tests on other ToCA tracks showed up inconsistencies in the handling and shed loads of understeer on entry.

It felt like you needed to brake to a standstill to get it to turn...

So it's either a Mazda or an Alfa for me. I'm actually leaning for the Mazda, I think it looks quite touring car-y.
The Lexus was very rewarding to drive, but tests on other ToCA tracks showed up inconsistencies in the handling and shed loads of understeer on entry.

What have you been driving? The Lexus has oversteer at all speeds, that makes it the fastest car through high speed corners. The FFs are around 3-4mph down on Apex speed at Abbey (Silverstone).

The Alfa understeers, the Lexus? Not especially.

All I can say is, with the Lexus, you have to be pretty jolly careful or it'll bite your hand off!
When we tested it for STCC - it was a complete and utter dog! :boggled: That's why we replaced it for the IS300 Station Wagon. Just like the IS200; but with a little more weight over the rear giving it better distribution! No matter where you are on track - the Lexus is faster. Straight line, it's faster than the FWDs, corner, it's faster than the FWDs.

Basically, the Lexus needs a very skilled driver who is very consistent and to have no contact to be competitive.

All I can say is, with the Lexus, you have to be pretty jolly careful or it'll bite your hand off!
When we tested it for STCC - it was a complete and utter dog! :boggled: That's why we replaced it for the IS300 Station Wagon. Just like the IS200; but with a little more weight over the rear giving it better distribution! No matter where you are on track - the Lexus is faster. Straight line, it's faster than the FWDs, corner, it's faster than the FWDs.

Basically, the Lexus needs a very skilled driver who is very consistent and to have no contact to be competitive.

Deffo not same car.

It's the "touring car" aspect i'm worried about. ToCA isn't exactly the cleanest racing, I really couldn't see a RWD holding up in the pack...

Not the twitchiness. ToCA is contact, even when clean. I guarantee i'd be round every corner.

I'm not a fan of teams picking up all 4 cars before the season has started. Can there be some order to it at least? Something along the lines of a pick order based on where a driver finished in the championship, or a system where the pick alternates between positions in the teams championship and indy championship? That would work by having the team who won the championship picking the 1st car, then the winner from the independents gets to pick a car (and team if wanted), then 2nd in both and so on. It just seems a little unfair that one manufacturer has all its slots filled because someone 'called' it on the thread 1st.

I'm not a fan of teams picking up all 4 cars before the season has started. Can there be some order to it at least? Something along the lines of a pick order based on where a driver finished in the championship, or a system where the pick alternates between positions in the teams championship and indy championship? That would work by having the team who won the championship picking the 1st car, then the winner from the independents gets to pick a car (and team if wanted), then 2nd in both and so on. It just seems a little unfair that one manufacturer has all its slots filled because someone 'called' it on the thread 1st.
It is unfair. Being paired with others doesn't mean you can have first choice.

For example, Humberside Racing has become the Official Renault Works Team and therefore we require the Renaults due to being the Renauult Works Team. Just like SYM are the works Honda Team; and RPM being the works Ford Team.

The reason why HSR have reserved 4 Works Car is to minimize the amount of possible points lost if the full time driver cannot attend. So therefore, if I cannot attend - we can bring in the #3 or #4 Driver; and the same with the Team Mate. I asked Furi a few weeks back if this was allowed and he said it was fine! 👍

EDIT: If you want to drive a certain car, asking to join a Works Team is the best way to go (although you might not be able to get in if another driver has already been taken on)!

Besides I'm part time with Ford anyway and when I'm there I aim to take points off everyone who isn't a RPM driver.

Besides I'm part time with Ford anyway and when I'm there I aim to take points off everyone who isn't a RPM driver.

Season 10 really was just a learning curve for Renault and HSR as it was a new game and new car. Now Season 11 is approaching - we've learnt a good amount about the new car and should be able to challenge more!

It is unfair. Being paired with others doesn't mean you can have first choice.

You reserved a Lexus, and then changed it.. That was point of the Pm to Top 12, to see if anyone would select it...

For example, Humberside Racing has become the Official Renault Works Team and therefore we require the Renaults due to being the Renauult Works Team. Just like SYM are the works Honda Team; and RPM being the works Ford Team.

The reason why HSR have reserved 4 Works Car is to minimize the amount of possible points lost if the full time driver cannot attend. So therefore, if I cannot attend - we can bring in the #3 or #4 Driver; and the same with the Team Mate. I asked Furi a few weeks back if this was allowed and he said it was fine! 👍

EDIT: If you want to drive a certain car, asking to join a Works Team is the best way to go (although you might not be able to get in if another driver has already been taken on)!

EDIT Or not... anyway as no season is open (T10/T11), i'm not actually taking more entries right now...

Last edited:
I just know i'm a FWD man. It think by reassessing my options i've saved myself a season of anger and disappointment.

Plus, the car-picking ideally should take place after the specs are finalised. Otherwise everyone that already picked a car has an agenda during testing. If you don't know for sure which car you'll end up with, it's in everybody's interest to get the field as even as possible.

Plus, the car-picking ideally should take place after the specs are finalised. Otherwise everyone that already picked a car has an agenda during testing. If you don't know for sure which car you'll end up with, it's in everybody's interest to get the field as even as possible.
Fully agree. I've also realised now that the Lexus' competitiveness is solely down to it being fairly OP. I'm picking a FWD and sticking with it - just to confirm @Furinkazen the Mazda is the '03 road car? The concept has about 5 more PP.

Fully agree. I've also realised now that the Lexus' competitiveness is as I don't know how to drive a RWD car, so that is why I'm picking a FWD and sticking with it - just to confirm @Furinkazen the Mazda is the '03 road car? The concept has about 5 more PP.

It is the Mazda. Fixed your above statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back