FRL~ToCA11~GTP #1~ CHAMPIONS: Ninners (RPM-ECM), AMD87 (Alfa) Team SYM (Nissan)! FINAL TABLES UP!Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 6,918 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
hsv
It's felt there's been at least one SYM driver coming from the back of every race because they've been launched off.
That happened in all 3 races yesterday I believe.

Also I know Snow did cut me off in Race 2 at Paddock but I'm fine with that anyway.

But then your rejoin was pretty stupid though, it's almost like you thought grass has the same grip as tarmac which is obviously doesn't, that rejoin alone would have been a insta penalty in my view.
So youve got 13 cars coming from behind, Bet they would be happy if i brake to a stop and at 105 mph it isn't going to stop in 10 metres with dirty tyres and again we could have made it round if snow hadn't tried to force me off again.

see bumper in line with the B pillar
BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_1_zpsc2ebb8eb.jpg

as you can see snow is far left
BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_zps6a819ed6.jpg

So how does he get to a line where he has far left and as you can see there is enough room to get an oil tanker sideways through to this

Snapshot127-07-201411-03_zps958e7ed9.png

a line where he will be off the track cutting the corner and also forcing a car off the track.

My two cents:

Snow is one of the best drivers here and one of the most respected but has spent all season being a target board for approximately half the field. AMD is fast takes too many risks. Yeratel is quick but doesn't like crap, but sure as hell whinges off track.

Throwing toys out the pram because I won't release the ToCA12 specifications to anyone (not even my own teammates) but @FordMKIVJ5 @Spurgy 777 @paulmac2k9 is ridiculous. What 🤬 difference does it make if I release specs early, which are not finalised? What is the point? By keeping them under wraps no-one is gaining an advantage. ToCA12 isn't starting tomorrow. If you plainly can't trust me and 3 drivers to get specifications right (which you apparently cannot, or at least you put such an impression across), then why? Also the lame "Furi picks power car" comments in the lobby about the Volvo didn't make sense... especially if you'd stayed when we checked the speeds of cars across both specs and they are similar. The Suzuka stuff isn't sensible as that's a track that isn't suited for these cars, or the racing. Bathurst in case you forgot also hosts touring car races - and if you want to discount V8 Supercars i'll happily bring up the Super Touring and Group A events it has hosted for years. Quite frankly Yera, you are a hard working Steward, skilled driver, but also one of hell of a complainer off track.

First, thanks for the compliments... :sly:

Second, yesterday that was mostly a rant after a rough round that followed a long day with little to no sleep (I know that's no excuse, I should've controlled my mouth), and I'm sorry if you took that personally, but unlike other stuff that happened yesterday, I didn't think it was worthy of putting in writing here, since one or two things I don't agree with here are far outweighed by all the fun I had since I first joined this group...

...and with this I hope we can close this particular exchange.

My two cents:

Snow is one of the best drivers here and one of the most respected but has spent all season being a target board for approximately half the field. AMD is fast takes too many risks. Yeratel is quick but doesn't like crap, but sure as hell whinges off track.

Throwing toys out the pram because I won't release the ToCA12 specifications to anyone (not even my own teammates) but @FordMKIVJ5 @Spurgy 777 @paulmac2k9 is ridiculous. What 🤬 difference does it make if I release specs early, which are not finalised? What is the point? By keeping them under wraps no-one is gaining an advantage. ToCA12 isn't starting tomorrow. If you plainly can't trust me and 3 drivers to get specifications right (which you apparently cannot, or at least you put such an impression across), then why? Also the lame "Furi picks power car" comments in the lobby about the Volvo didn't make sense... especially if you'd stayed when we checked the speeds of cars across both specs and they are similar. The Suzuka stuff isn't sensible as that's a track that isn't suited for these cars, or the racing. Bathurst in case you forgot also hosts touring car races - and if you want to discount V8 Supercars i'll happily bring up the Super Touring and Group A events it has hosted for years. Quite frankly Yera, you are a hard working Steward, skilled driver, but also one of hell of a complainer off track.

:dopey: Fiat 500 ftw

see bumper in line with the B pillar
Sorry to carry this on, but in all those pics your bumper is barely alongside the C pillar. Snow still has a good 4/5 of a car over you, so the clever thing to do would've been back out (it would have been much safer and cleaner than just sticking it in).

Drove a 500pp one of them the other day, was amazing, so much unintentional drifting and pretty rapid too, would make a good one-make series in GT I think.

No really.
I loved seeing this:

About the replay, I need to correct myself, when I paused the replay to check your current speeds, you two had pretty much same speed (~172kph/~107mph), he was going back on throttle while you were still fully braking... after that he tapped the throttle yet again, but he was completelly off the brakes when you did hit him (all this happened while you were still braking which shows how late you braked)

Now going off this particular topic, you guys should check me on R1 L4, for a clear "OH 🤬" moment, right after I spun off at Westfield... especially how I barely got out of the way in time to avoid yet another SYM induced pile-up (although unlike me, Snow didn't have the room or time to try anything similar)

Now going off this particular topic, you guys should check me on R1 L4, for a clear "OH 🤬" moment, right after I spun off at Westfield... especially how I barely got out of the way in time to avoid yet another SYM induced pile-up (although unlike me, Snow didn't have the room or time to try anything similar)
What happened in R3? looked abit nick foster.

Please be specific... too much happened to me yesterday
Coming down to Graham hill bend there was aload of smoke and doing a furi spinning off into the grass.

hsv
Your wheels are behind his rears. You barely have an overlap on the C. You are a fair way off having an overlap on the B.
Are you really hoping to win the championship on a default?

Biggest n00b move of the season award goes to @Furinkazen for this:
On this subject if people want to post their best moments i can try and get them altogether in one video although wasn't at willow so if anyone has moments from that someone will need to email the replay file @Yeratel84 if you still have them?

Coming down to Graham hill bend there was aload of smoke and doing a furi spinning off into the grass.

Are you really hoping to win the championship on a default?

On this subject if people want to post their best moments i can try and get them altogether in one video although wasn't at willow so if anyone has moments from that someone will need to email the replay file @Yeratel84 if you still have them?

Brands Indy meeting and that's it for me :lol:

I only had one replay from Willow, since I finished last in R1, got punted of in R2 and DNF'd and then DNS R3... also if you can try and post a video from my view in R1 L4 (the moment I mentioned earlier). I believe it to be entertaining enough (also try and keep it on Replay Camera, I think it shows best how close it was)

Me v Nin late in R2 and early in R2 was good, excellent defending and hard-fought pass.

And I blew my chance when running wide a lap or so from the finish, killing any chances of beating Andil which is what my target was.

That was a great race actually, I was thrilled with 2nd because it had been such hard work to get there and to keep Nin behind especially, you'd done a great job.

It was a case of making use of the car's strongest points, that and the fact I had a section (Eau Rouge/Raidillon), where I could be faster than both of you, just before the track's longest straight...

Forgot to reply to this:

To put my whole performance tonight, mistakes mostly, as I wasn't that slow whenever I was able to keep the car on track or pointing at the right direction, I worked night shift until 8am on Saturday and only took a 1-hour nap after F1 Q (actually fell asleep in front of the computer), so I had been up for about 25 hours straight prior to joining the lobby

What exactly was the Renaults weakness watching last night I couldn't see one.

On that race you could only focus on the strong points (driver mostly) :sly:

What exactly was the Renaults weakness watching last night I couldn't see one.
Apex speed round the back of the GP circuit, others are cornering 4-5mph faster through there than I can manage - e.g. I noticed on the exit of Westfield that I come out of the corner at 84mph but the Fords were at 88mph (don't make the joke, it's not worth it). We are probably slower into Paddock Hill as well but I didn't look at that.

It's not a big amount really, it made up for it with the excellent traction out of Druids, Graham Hill, Surtees and Stirlings.

FL in R2 was very close with Nin's Ford, I think I only got it by a couple of hundredths, if that - AMD's Alfa had also been pretty good on lap time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back