FRL~ToCA12 - Ninners, Furinkazen, FAS, Volvo, Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,131 comments
So do the guys/teams who finished higher up the table last season get priority car picks or how do this selection process work again?

So do the guys/teams who finished higher up the table last season get priority car picks or how do this selection process work again?

This time, i'm not bothered. You've got an Accord reserved auto if you want it (as you were in Honda last season) but right now, pick what you want. Limiting around 4/5 per car but as we don't have 4 car superteams it opens things up a lot more. At moment we got:

3 FAS Volvos (2x Works, 1x Indy)
2 HR Renaults (only 1 seat filled however)
1 Hyundai
1 Lexus

And that is it for now.

Official FRL Pre-Season Interview #1

I sat down with series host, team owner and driver, Furinkazen, to talk to him about his prospects for this coming season.

So, Furinkazen, a new season of ToCA is upon us. What are your initial thoughts to ToCA12 as the series host?

I think that this is the most anticipated season ever. Up and down the paddock there has been an anticipation of the coming season which i've never felt as much before. The most obvious aspect to look out for is the fact adjustable differentials and suspensions systems are back. This means that engineers have much more freedom than the previous couple seasons with this generation of car. It also means you can totally transform a cars characteristics - look at the struggles of Mazda this season. That car was poor but the new tuning options mean that even a below-par default package can be made into a potential winner. Not forgetting either adjustable rear aerodynamics. This is a small change to cars, but with huge consequences.

How do you plan on bouncing back after two relatively poor seasons at the blue oval?
We enjoyed our time with Ford. On a personal level, I just couldn't get a grip of it. When I did finally last season there were changes in how parts worked and whilst the rest of the team adapted I couldn't. Not going to lie - it was more me not being able to get my head around the machinery. In many ways, it is a new start - for me at least because I know I have underperformed immensely in the past two seasons.

New car, and new team. How do you think the changes for this season will pan out for you?
We're very optimistic. We spent three fantastic seasons with Volvo with the C30 in the past and always worked very well. Whilst the S60 may on paper look worse - it's a heavier car, larger and less aerodynamic - it is really a step forward. The larger wheelbase gives us a degree of stability that we couldn't get in the Focus just down to design. Whilst it is heavier, it feels much more planted as a result. After just a couple afternoons shaking down the car I feel really comfortable in the car - it really feels like something I can drive and push to the limit with much easier.

As for the season - Nin will want to win but he has other obligations so won't be doing a full season. We've got a 4th driver working behind the scenes on developing the car, and Joe I am sure will bounce back. For me, top half of the grid is a must early on to get us clear of the top 12 cut off - that is always the initial goal. Then i'm sure there is a shot at podiums and wins towards seasons end.

How has the calender taken shape for this season, and what new challenges do think it poses?
Well we've got three new tracks this season, but none are technically that "new". Cape Ring has been nearly all ToCA seasons, and the Southern layout has always produced some stunning racing. Monza's reprofiled. The first chicane sequence is now much harder. It is going to break the pack up, people will go off there but it will spread us out a little. And Bathurst is finally a stable event, after previous problems. 2 Hours, no pts at stake but for ToCA 2hrs is a marathon - that's 2 weeks worth of race distances. Certainly will be a unique event.

Anything else you would like to say ahead of this season?
Like to wish everyone good luck in all honesty. Whilst we all have had our disagreements and arguments in the past - it is all because we care about what we do and we try our very best. On track competition will be as fierce as ever - we just have to hope that we hit the ground running come Brands.

Just a quick note, so people don't go snapping up the Renaults.. @Andil will be with me in the main team again and @AudiMan2011 has signed up in the Junior Squad as lead driver. The official post will come soon - so everyone but Furi, ignore this :P

Can we please be as cool as @hsv and get some sponsors on board?

I'm thinking local businesses, we should really be representing those hard working Humberside people.

8210650677_09e1e178cf_z.jpg

5924281-large.jpg

GTP Name: RyanRacer
PSN Name: ryan428scj
Number: #7
Car: Renault
Team: RPO Racing

I will try my best to qualify for a race this season

Last edited:
Still waiting on clarification?

Also did some testing seem to be fastest with the Honda but can't seem to dial out the initial turn in understeer which is annoying me.....

Never noticed. And no, must have the diff.

Time to switch back to Front Wheel Drive. ;) Since also I would like to run a number....

GTP Name: ranhammerR34
PSN Name: GTP_ranhammerR34
Number: #9
Car: Renault Megane RS Trophy '11
Team: Part-time Independent Motorsports

Time to switch back to Front Wheel Drive. ;) Since also I would like to run a number....

GTP Name: ranhammerR34
PSN Name: GTP_ranhammerR34
Number: #9
Car: Renault Megane RS Trophy '11
Team: Part-time Independent Motorsports

Christ. Renaults are gone :ill:

Back