FRL - WSC X - THE 12th LE MANS CLASSIC TO FILO & ANDIL; THE CHAMPIONSHIPS TO JAMMY & SNOWGT!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,681 comments
**** everything.
Ah man, was absolutely gutted when you DC'd, was going to be an absolutely classic finish to the race.

My middle stint was so poor, just couldn't concentrate (too tired) and the dark screen wasn't helping much! Think that's where you made the time up, I was just doing (relatively) slow 29-30s lap after lap when I should have been doing 27-28s.

When you came out of the pit lane I was pretty surprised at how close the gap was though, still thought I'd have a fair few seconds in hand. So to be separated by 1 car length with 40mins to go was pretty exciting.

Fun 2-3 laps chasing each other, was definitely going to be an intense finish, big shame :(

Gutted to finish 5th in the end after having to fuel save the last 2 laps to get it to the end, had to make an early stop after getting damage then between my 2nd and 4th stop making around 20-25 seconds over @Furinkazen and @Yeratel84 to get myself back in the hunt for 2nd. Then after my stop with around 40 minutes to go i'm in 3rd with 2nd in sight I get overtaken by @jammy21 on the run to the 1st chicane, I'm still alongside into the braking zone and brake slightly later and I think a lag spike took his car into the side of mine leaving me with engine and rear left damage and broken dreams of getting 2nd in the championship.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes).jpg

@snowgt , here's the other time I got to emulate Spa 2000, back in WSC V. I was in the blue Jag, Joe was in the silver one and Chris was in the Stratos (and just like that race, this came to be the winning overtake)

Last edited:
So let's sum up my LM Classic career.

S5: Win in absolutely dominating fashion.

S6: Get punted by @DK while leading by nearly a minute with 5 laps left. (By the way, the contact while lapping you was intentional, had I caught you before Arnage you would've been in the barrier.)

S7: DNS because PD.

S8: DNS because PD again even though I raced without issue earlier in the season.

S9: Get punted by Furi on lap 1 and then PD logic makes my car 3 seconds a lap slower for half the race. Would've won had either one of the two not happened.

S10: DC while leading because the apartment's modem decides to do something it's never done in over a year living here.

Many congratulations to our champions @jammy21 and @snowgt :

GT-P.PNG

GT-O.PNG

I would firstly like to thank all 17 entrants for participating in this Le Mans weekend, and all drivers of this WSC season:

@jammy21 @TNR_KING_FILO @Panoz @chrisjohnson93 @Yeratel84 @LancerEvo7 @Roflwaffle @Andil @snowgt @raceorama123432 @Siggers @FlyingFox @Carbonox @smuffyatfcp @DK @hsv @andrew1990 @The Stig Farmer @GTracerEHTeam @Harsk100 @RACECAR @ranhammerR34 @Ettick @rustyMercedes @gokartman78

Why have I kept doing this four years, despite some nights which have just been bad servers, driving, attitudes, and general stresses? Gran Turismo is a video game, and to me a video game exists solely for fun. To me, if you treat it as anything more, unless you are talking something strictly professional involving money, then you are playing it for the wrong reasons.

The WSC and indeed all of FRL survived because of a couple things. One was my unashamed stubbornness. Yes, sometimes I didn't listen, yes sometimes I messed it up. But that was because I wanted to do it my way and craft it my way, to create something individual. ToCA was a unashamed tribute to a favourite childhood game series. My other series were based on a "why the hell not" philosophy, but WSC was crafted into something different. Embracing an era of different cars, technology. Superchargers, turbos, engines from 1.6 litres to 7 litres, engines in front, rear, back, some cars with over 100hp more than the competition but weighing twice as much. If you cannot appreciate classic car culture, to me you cannot appreciate the essence of motoring. WSC was a celebration of this.

Yet, as I have said before, very nearly never happened. The first Le Mans Classic was a mixed class standalone that attracted no interest. The WSM, which whilst peaking at 11 cars for Le Mans, struggled often to get out double figures and with 6-8 cars at a few rounds, that was it. But somehow, we managed to get through. It offered a personal touch for me, and I loved how with all the styles and cars on display I was able to get what I thought was pretty artsy with OPs, the event banners, the designs. Anyone can host an event. But if they are not prepared to put in the time and effort, and the little touches to make it stand out from the crowd and what was at its peak, a packed racing series forum, you get left behind. Time is a reason I am packing this in. Plenty of personal reasons, some I have documented here. And I don't want to run something half-heartedly, and give up on it. I did that once before and that was a poor show off me (NASCAR Trucks).

But no series is nothing without its racers. We've had some personalities on and off track and still do, but as a group and a core we have become all good friends I feel. I have tried myself to cater for you guys best I could. I hope I managed it. Thank you all, for some memorable moments out there on track. The FRL was supposed to be fast, fun and friendly. I always said "the day it stops being fun is the day I stop", and that was true. Now it is still fun, but i'm not prepared to just run for the sake of it. You lot have given me some headaches sometimes. "FURI BOP IS WRONG" "MY CAR IS TOO SLOW" "HE'S TOO FAST GIVE HIM BALLAST" "HE WON A RACE, THAT CAR IS OP" "WHY IS THIS TRACK IN THE CALENDAR" "#InsertCarHereOP". Guys. Nothing is perfect. We work with what we got. You can make a car better or worse, you deal with it. And end of the day, despite the incessant, and sometimes valid, sometimes just plain childish complaining, you all still week after week come to the lobby, get on track and get on with it.

And it is the moments like this tonight, with 16 of you all in there, ready to go, engines revving that make this hosting lark worth it.

Thank you everyone. I'll remember these times, and hopefully you will as well.

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg

Signing off.

Furinkazen / Alex

Many congratulations to our champions @jammy21 and @snowgt :

View attachment 453081

View attachment 453082

I would firstly like to thank all 17 entrants for participating in this Le Mans weekend, and all drivers of this WSC season:

@jammy21 @TNR_KING_FILO @Panoz @chrisjohnson93 @Yeratel84 @LancerEvo7 @Roflwaffle @Andil @snowgt @raceorama123432 @Siggers @FlyingFox @Carbonox @smuffyatfcp @DK @hsv @andrew1990 @The Stig Farmer @GTracerEHTeam @Harsk100 @RACECAR @ranhammerR34 @Ettick @rustyMercedes @gokartman78

Why have I kept doing this four years, despite some nights which have just been bad servers, driving, attitudes, and general stresses? Gran Turismo is a video game, and to me a video game exists solely for fun. To me, if you treat it as anything more, unless you are talking something strictly professional involving money, then you are playing it for the wrong reasons.

The WSC and indeed all of FRL survived because of a couple things. One was my unashamed stubbornness. Yes, sometimes I didn't listen, yes sometimes I messed it up. But that was because I wanted to do it my way and craft it my way, to create something individual. ToCA was a unashamed tribute to a favourite childhood game series. My other series were based on a "why the hell not" philosophy, but WSC was crafted into something different. Embracing an era of different cars, technology. Superchargers, turbos, engines from 1.6 litres to 7 litres, engines in front, rear, back, some cars with over 100hp more than the competition but weighing twice as much. If you cannot appreciate classic car culture, to me you cannot appreciate the essence of motoring. WSC was a celebration of this.

Yet, as I have said before, very nearly never happened. The first Le Mans Classic was a mixed class standalone that attracted no interest. The WSM, which whilst peaking at 11 cars for Le Mans, struggled often to get out double figures and with 6-8 cars at a few rounds, that was it. But somehow, we managed to get through. It offered a personal touch for me, and I loved how with all the styles and cars on display I was able to get what I thought was pretty artsy with OPs, the event banners, the designs. Anyone can host an event. But if they are not prepared to put in the time and effort, and the little touches to make it stand out from the crowd and what was at its peak, a packed racing series forum, you get left behind. Time is a reason I am packing this in. Plenty of personal reasons, some I have documented here. And I don't want to run something half-heartedly, and give up on it. I did that once before and that was a poor show off me (NASCAR Trucks).

But no series is nothing without its racers. We've had some personalities on and off track and still do, but as a group and a core we have become all good friends I feel. I have tried myself to cater for you guys best I could. I hope I managed it. Thank you all, for some memorable moments out there on track. The FRL was supposed to be fast, fun and friendly. I always said "the day it stops being fun is the day I stop", and that was true. Now it is still fun, but i'm not prepared to just run for the sake of it. You lot have given me some headaches sometimes. "FURI BOP IS WRONG" "MY CAR IS TOO SLOW" "HE'S TOO FAST GIVE HIM BALLAST" "HE WON A RACE, THAT CAR IS OP" "WHY IS THIS TRACK IN THE CALENDAR" "#InsertCarHereOP". Guys. Nothing is perfect. We work with what we got. You can make a car better or worse, you deal with it. And end of the day, despite the incessant, and sometimes valid, sometimes just plain childish complaining, you all still week after week come to the lobby, get on track and get on with it.

And it is the moments like this tonight, with 16 of you all in there, ready to go, engines revving that make this hosting lark worth it.

Thank you everyone. I'll remember these times, and hopefully you will as well.

View attachment 453090
View attachment 453091
View attachment 453092
View attachment 453093

Signing off.

Furinkazen / Alex
That's nice and all, but can we have Clio tables?

It's not fun when all the hard you've done to practice for the race goes to waste on 1st lap :yuck:
I got hit at the start (damaged) and then I got hit again by same driver (@Panoz) few minutes later and got more damaged.
I was 2nd to last after first lap and pitstop. Not very good start of the race, but hey all lost now and all should be better after this start.

When I finaly got to 2nd in race I got hit again by other driver (@Yeratel84), pushed to sand and got bad damaged.
I guess 4th was ok.

Thanks to @Furinkazen for all these years and races:cheers:
Nice to get to know you all and may be we meet again 👍

Last edited:
Wow... I thought I picked a good color scheme for the Cuda. I thought of the the General Lee because of growing up watching the Dukes of Hazard TV show. Yes, I know the General Lee was a Charger, but I don't give a damn. Hemi Orange on either the Charger, the Challenger, or the Cuda, looks badass as hell on any of three. It just adds that orginally to the not just the car but the Mopar brand.

This has always been my favorite Sunday thing to do for years. The WSC has been amazing and fun series to be involved in. I was originally wasn't going to run the series at all this year, but @Furinkazen asked me to do it, and I couldn't pass it up at all! :dopey: Even though there have been some rough patches on the road (how many incidents did I cause?! TOO MANY TO MENTION!), here we are all again together and having fun together. ALL OF YOU have made it such a joy and a blast to compete in the WSC and to be part of the FRL. Thank you so much @Furinkazen for the invite, and the pleasure of racing this series over these several years. :cheers: Its been a hell of a ride with everyone. Thanks again gentlemen! :D :cheers: Randy

Was I only one who won both the drivers championships?

I'm happy to had chance to run both classes and win some races. I did learn alot.

Congratulations @snowgt :cheers:

Last edited:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Alex for running this great series over the past few years. I’ve always said it was the best series on GTP and that was proved time and again.

I believe WSC has been a great success and had made me a better driver over the past couple of years. I came into WSC not having ever driven in a series before and expected very little from myself, but the racing and the friends I have made over these few years kept me coming back time and again.

It’s been a pleasure and a privilege to race with you guys in WSC. It’s a true Gentleman’s series and that attitude shone through.

I truly hope to race with you all again in a future series before you all migrate to PS4 to which I will not be going.

Cheers and Beers all :cheers:

Ed :)👍

So the final GT6 race was won by one guy who hasn't been around FRL too long and happens to be an alien, and someone who hasn't competed in many races this season and also happens to be an alien. Kinda sums up FRL.

:sly:

So the final GT6 race was won by one guy who hasn't been around FRL too long and happens to be an alien, and someone who hasn't competed in many races this season and also happens to be an alien. Kinda sums up FRL.

:sly:

And you didn't finish the race, just like start of your FRL career in ToCA ;)

Back