from 1992 the price of a 512k memory upgrade

Messages
3,162
England
southport
Are you ready for this...:crazy:


Page-0325.jpg
 
In fairness that was probably a grossly inflated price, Index were part of the Littlewoods home shopping group... it was probably "only" 69.99 everywhere else :D
 
Pretty cheap -- I once spent $300 for 16K of RAM. At that rate the 512KB Amiga RAM would have cost 2560, or at @TenEightyOne's "bargain" rate only 2240.

Plus, gotta figure the dollars-to-pounds conversions in there.

Wish I could remember what I spent for the 2K memory for my first computer.
 
The current day surge of interest in high end crts means that the price for the monitor in the ad doesn't present as ludicrous at all. Displays that people were literally dumping a few years ago are now fetching five hundred, one thousand, even two thousand dollars, and up.

Amiga fans really need to behold their system running to a Sony PVM/BVM, or equivalent pro monitor.
 
Back