From GT to Forza: Is It Worth It?

• Thread starter WWE907
  • 80 comments
Oh sorry, I thought you were buying it off a dude that bought it previously from a store... nevermind.

Those prices seem good compared to the Australian ones. I went with a bundle which had two games (Assasin's creed and a Lego game) and no Kinect for $500 and asked if I could swap any of them for F5. They said they couldn't but they could throw a download code for the digital version for free. At first I thought it would be a bit bad because I wanted to have the box but now I find it great. I can switch to F5 in an instant, I might actually cancel my limited edition preorder of pCARS and try to get it as a digital version.

All the best with your deal hunt! :cheers:

Sometimes I wish I'd have just gotten a download code for FM5. Would have been cheaper too. Bought the disc version for A$40. I got the Titanfall console bundle, including Kinect, for just under A$450. Wasn't actually set on getting the One, but couldn't help myself at that price.

Sometimes I wish I'd have just gotten a download code for FM5. Would have been cheaper too. Bought the disc version for A$40. I got the Titanfall console bundle, including Kinect, for just under A$450. Wasn't actually set on getting the One, but couldn't help myself at that price.

You got a great deal. How long ago was that?

I've decided that when I get an Xbox 360, I am going to purchase Forza Motorsport 3 and 4. I've been playing Gran Turismo ever since I got my PS2 back in 2003, and I've loved it ever since. I've heard people say Forza is 10 times better than GT could ever hope to be, and I've heard others say the opposite. So what I want to know is, is it worth it? What, other than the livery editor, does Forza have that GT doesn't? Thanks for any feedback! :)

I just purchased forza four, and it took a lot for me to do so, being a hardcore GT fan since age four. Sixteen years later, and I can honestly say it's a good idea to pick it up.

We all may have our differences about what game has better physics, looks better and whatnot, but it's safe to assume were all car enthusiasts.

So as car enthusiasts forza should be something we all own at least once in our lifetime.

Hi I have been playing Grand Turismo since game 1 to 6 but 6 isn't doing it for me anymore. I can get a brand new 250gb xbox for nz$250 and forza 3 and 4 for $30 each with dlc. When I brought my PS3 gt5 stayed in the ps but since I brought gt6 i have brought over $1000 in other games. I'm waiting for project cars to come out which I don't know what console for lol. What I want to know does forza have time trail's like gt6 has. Thank's in advance for the help. Shane

Let's wait till GT7...if these guys don't bring their A-game to the table this time, I'm officially writing them off as Polyphony Douche Bags!

This... is... FORZA! *King Leonaidus scream*

I played all Forzas from the X360 (minus Horizon 2) and I had great fun with Horizon 1, if you want to change a little bit the dynamics and drive for fun I recommend you the Horizon series, it has some nice challenges.

On the other hand I really hated Turn 10 to release monthly DLCs and have competitions for the cars just released (well of course they need to make as much profit as the can) but it sucks... at least their car rooster is better that in GT series...

Horizon 2 seems a blast too, I read more positive reviews for it than from FM5

Both series has something the other does not have. After years and years as a GT fan, I finally just had to give up and let it go. Last year I traded in GT6 and my PS3. I have always had a lot more fun playing the Forza series.

Forza 4 is one of the best in the series IMO. Forza Horizon 2 is also VERY good. F5 has excellent graphics and physics but a lot of the content was removed from the series to get F5 out in time for the X1 release....and it shows.

Really hoping F6 can redeem the series. I highly recommend F4 and FH2 for sure. Truly love those games.

Last edited:
I played all Forzas from the X360 (minus Horizon 2) and I had great fun with Horizon 1, if you want to change a little bit the dynamics and drive for fun I recommend you the Horizon series, it has some nice challenges.

On the other hand I really hated Turn 10 to release monthly DLCs and have competitions for the cars just released (well of course they need to make as much profit as the can) but it sucks... at least their car rooster is better that in GT series...

Horizon 2 seems a blast too, I read more positive reviews for it than from FM5

Well, for me it never sucked.. cos' I ain't never downloaded DLC, ever. The 'stock' car and track count in FM4 is fine I think.

Both series has something the other does not have. After years and years as a GT fan, I finally just had to give up and let it go. Last year I traded in GT6 and my PS3. I have always had a lot more fun playing the Forza series.

Forza 4 is one of the best in the series IMO. Forza Horizon 2 is also VERY good. F5 has excellent graphics and physics but a lot of the content was removed from the series to get F5 out in time for the X1 release....and it shows.

Really hoping F6 can redeem the series. I highly recommend F4 and FH2 for sure. Truly love those games.

FM4 is there finest work ever, agreed. Should be able to get H2 and FM6 late this year hopefully! :D

FM4 is there finest work ever, agreed. Should be able to get H2 and FM6 late this year hopefully! :D
Yes F4 is still so amazing. Make sure you get Horizon 2 asap. (H2 is miles ahead of H1) As for F6, we will have to wait and see how that goes. They will have to do something very impressive to get me to purchase F6. I refuse to support F6 if it doesn't have night and weather.

Yes F4 is still so amazing. Make sure you get Horizon 2 asap. (H2 is miles ahead of H1) As for F6, we will have to wait and see how that goes. They will have to do something very impressive to get me to purchase F6. I refuse to support F6 if it doesn't have night and weather.

Man, I took H2 for a spineroo not too long ago. The game left me so appalled, I returned it in less than an hour.

Major step back from H1. I'm on X360.

Man, I took H2 for a spineroo not too long ago. The game left me so appalled, I returned it in less than an hour.

Major step back from H1. I'm on X360.
I am so confused. I thought you said "should be able to get H2 late this year hopefully :D" You sounded excited. ???

:dunce:

Buddyyyyy.... I said:

"Should be able to get H2 and **FM6** end of this year"....

So if you dig deep enough for some evidence, you might come to the conclusion that I'll be getting the X1 H2 version..!

:lol::lol:

Buddyyyyy.... I said:

"Should be able to get H2 and **FM6** end of this year"....

So if you dig deep enough for some evidence, you might come to the conclusion that I'll be getting the X1 H2 version..!

:lol::lol:
Ok gotcha.

Oh yeah I heard they stripped FH2 down a lot on the 360. Its incredible on the X1. You wont be disappointed with the X1 version. It is MILES ahead of FH1/FH2 on the 360. Not even comparable. :lol:

Well, for me it never sucked.. cos' I ain't never downloaded DLC, ever. The 'stock' car and track count in FM4 is fine I think.
Indeed, otherwise one could easily spent over $150 only in DLC for FM4, I haven't bougth all of them but the Porsche was a Must (for myself)

Ok gotcha.

Oh yeah I heard they stripped FH2 down a lot on the 360. Its incredible on the X1. You wont be disappointed with the X1 version. It is MILES ahead of FH1/FH2 on the 360. Not even comparable. :lol:

TELL me about it... I'm going green every time I check the H2 shots thread. :lol:

Indeed, otherwise one could easily spent over $150 only in DLC for FM4, I haven't bougth all of them but the Porsche was a Must (for myself)
T10 (M$ studio) really loves their paywall model. That is the only downside (besides not having original GT tracks), that Forza series has. Pay for this, pay for that.

T10 (M$ studio) really loves their paywall model. That is the only downside (besides not having original GT tracks), that Forza series has. Pay for this, pay for that.
They also give out A lot of DLC too. Thats the only thing you pay for, DLC, and its an option not a necessity.

Back