From GT5 to FM3

• Thread starter Davide93
  • 374 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys... I'm new to this part because since 2008 I used to watch only gt5 forum.. And I bought my ps3 only for it....but I'm very worried at this point ...I believed gt5 would be the best racing game ever, from what I had heard... but now, I've discovered that they added the new manufactures without some of the best cars (Aston DBR9, Maserati MC12, Bentley Continental, Ferrari F50, Lambo Reventon, No Koenigsegg, No Porsche) and for a supercars lover like me it's a fail, because honestly I don't care less of havn more than 1000 if there about 50 skyline...then, 80% of the cars are standard, so you can't do anything, not even Cockpit view or changing wheels ... They paid attention in some things that a great part of peolpe don't matter, for example go-karting... And to make matters worse, they aren't going to put some of the tracks that made the fantastic experience of gt4, like el captain, seattle, opera paris, costa di amalfi and the list goes on... I thought that with a 6 years job, they would have put all the tracks from previous gt, and something new (Spa, Hockeneim), and weather change and day-night transition wouldn't be a feature of only a few ...Then they talk about Course Maker : we all want circuits with a very high level of particulars, and if PD takes an year to reproduce a track, we can't do better...
So becomes the idea of changing console and game...
The only thing that doesn't let me to be sure is the graphic, which i think in gt5 is better...
What can you suggest to me? Changing console is in your opinion the right choice?
Sorry if my english is not good...

Forza 3 is a decent game, but I think GT5 will be better even with all of its shortcomings.

There's a ton of concern over this release, but you haven't played it yet, so I say relax. I know a lot of people's pet cars aren't in there yet. The cynic in me thinks they'll be available eventually as DLC.

I'm pretty excited for the release. I have Forza 3 and really enjoy it. Perhaps it will still do some things better than GT5. I have a feeling the premium GT5 cars are going to blow away the cars in Forza 3. The standard cars are a little disappointing, but I'll cope as long as they feel great. The feel may be the critical thing. I'm dying to see how far GT5's physics have come and really want to run some laps with the "pro" physics model.

If you only own the PS3, I wouldn't worry too much about switching consoles. Warts and all, I find it impossible to believe GT5 won't be regarded as one of THE great driving games.

I have forza, its a decent game, good racing and all that, but I still believe GT will easily better it. There are too many tracks missing I agree, but in this modern era where DLC accompanies everything, expect to see more become available, cars too, and next year we'll be waiting for the game of the year edition.

I have forza, its a decent game, good racing and all that, but I still believe GT will easily better it. There are too many tracks missing I agree, but in this modern era where DLC accompanies everything, expect to see more become available, cars too, and next year we'll be waiting for the game of the year edition.

But isn't Forza 4 coming next year?

If all you care about is super cars then sure please change games. GT has never has been about super cars. There is more to Forza than just its cars. I'm 100% sure you wont be playing online or with a wheel if super cars are the deal breaker. So maybe its best you just spend the extra money on a 360 and Fm3 to drive super cars. Or you can just try to enjoy them both for what they are. That's my opinion, GT is not for you if super cars are that high on the preference list.

No its not the right choice if you haven't even played GT5 or even know its DLC line up. The right choice is the game you want to play.

But isn't Forza 4 coming next year?

Forza 4 hasn't even truly been unveiled or even announced. The Forza demo that Turn 10 showed for Kinect was NOT Forza 4 despite popular belief.

That said, of course there's gonna be a Forza 4. But when it'll come out is anyone's guess. It could potentially come out next year, but it'll probably be in the later months if it does. No earlier than October most likely.

If you want supercars, go play Need For Speed. If you want an all around good racing game, get Gran Turismo 5.

I am amazed at how many folks are so quick to dismiss GT5! We do not even have the game yet.

That said; FM3 is fantastic, any reviewer will tell you. But; as a GT5 fan (and I assume you are), we've waited this long. If you want to trade out, that's fine if it suits your hobby interests best. But you've known about FM3 for a year now, and still haven't sold out to it. That tells me that you wanted GT5 to be something more. And I believe it can be; just check your expectations. FM3 has its faults, and GT5 will too.

I assume we should avoid GT5 (I know the game is not out yet.) also then and just play iRacing/rFactor, etc?

Surely.

Last I checked cars don't have the ability to automagically roll themselves back over, unless there's some foregoing momentum. iRacing has everyone by the jewels, well, other than rFactor Pro that is.

Forza is hardly just about super cars. Various RenaultSports, Vauxhall VXRs, Volvos, Saabs, Peugeots, Focus ST and RS, new Fiesta and many more. Yeah, it might shy away from entry-level econoboxes like GT4 had, but it's hardly all about its super cars.

And I still have never had a proper explanation of why FM3's physics are unrealistic.

Forza is hardly just about super cars. Various RenaultSports, Vauxhall VXRs, Volvos, Saabs, Peugeots, Focus ST and RS, new Fiesta and many more. Yeah, it might shy away from entry-level econoboxes like GT4 had, but it's hardly all about its super cars.

And I still have never had a proper explanation of why FM3's physics are unrealistic.

You keep on waiting for that. :P

FM3's biggest crime appears to be its set-up to favour a pad. From what I've heard, GT5's Pro mode will be nigh-on unplayable on a pad.

I just don't like steering wheels for games, but that doesn't make me any less capable of controlling a physics model on a pad.

FM3's biggest crime appears to be its set-up to favour a pad.

Chances are it's because of the (unfortunate)lack of wheels available for the 360. I have the 360 wheel(no 360 though as it broke out of warranty) and it really is just a poorly designed wheel. There is also the Fanatec wheel, but that's expensive.

That is probably the true downfall that keeps some people away from the series, there is no mid-level wheel for the 360 like there is for the PS3(DFGT).

I don't see the point of arguing over which is better as both could learn a lot from looking at each others game.

GT5 better than two unknown quantities from the future? My, those standards must go forward in time when they reach 88 mph.:D

GT5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FORZA 4, 5 etc etc etc

First posts have to be approved, don't they?

How's it feel to hate and troll all in one tidy post?

You, sir, are a man's man.

Forza 3 is a decent game, has several cool cars and some decent tracks. If you like driving super cars just to be driving them or racing with friends it is good. The public online races are much better in Forza 2.

Other than the step back in online options from Forza 2 the biggest gripe I have about Forza 3 is the awd swaps and the way R classes are used. Many of the super cars become R class after upgrades some start in R class and as a result the R classes are not very even any more. In Forza 2 all of the cars in a given R class were pretty close on the track but in Forza 3 there are huge differences in speed and grip within the same class so much so that the weakest car in R2 may be beaten by the strongest by 30 seconds or more on some tracks whereas in Forza 2 that would be more like 2-3 seconds between the top and bottom car in R2 class.

Personally I think GT will be a better game in many ways but Forza is good as well. If you own an XBox I would suggest that you pick up as used copy of the Ultimate collection in a few weeks.

You know, switching consoles is also a losing proposition when it comes to how much money you eat selling your old gear.

Clearly the only correct answer is to save your pennies for a PS3 in addition to your Xbox 360. That way you can play the exclusives on each system and cherry pick the best versions of cross platform titles. You probably won't want to throw away your Xbox Live friends list. I generally find online play much more agreeable on Xbox Live.

• With the exception of power oversteer, which is easily corrected regardless, oversteer is essentially non-existent.
  • Lift-off oversteer due to loss of aerodynamic grip is non-existent.
  • Understeer is practically non-existent, even when thrashing high-powered, front wheel drive vehicles.
  • Cars have far more grip than their real-life counterparts.
  • Cars are ridiculously stable at high speeds. When driving at high speeds in reality, hitting a dip in the road could send you into a tank-slapper. This behaviour is non-existent in Forza.
  • The "magic carpet effect" caused by the active steering aid that can't be switched off in the settings menu.

If GT5 Academy and the demo at Target is any indication as to the physics in GT5 final, avoid GT5 by a mile as well.

:lol:

• With the exception of power oversteer, which is easily corrected regardless, oversteer is essentially non-existent.
  • Understeer is practically non-existent, even when thrashing high-powered, front wheel drive vehicles.
  • Cars are ridiculously stable at high speeds. When driving at high speeds in reality, hitting a dip in the road could send you into a tank-slapper. This behaviour is non-existent in Forza.
  • The "magic carpet effect" caused by the active steering aid that can't be switched off in the settings menu.
:lol:

Funny thing happened on my way to work this morning. I pushed my vehicle hard through a series of corners and not once did it snap around on me, slide wildly off the road as if on ice or have the back end come around every time I lifted off the throttle. The tires were squealing and everything and yet somehow, miraculously, I made it unscathed. Thank goodness cars in real life seem to have more grip than people think they should.

I don't know where the person above gets that understeer is almost non-existant in FM3. Pretty much every car suffers from understeer in that game. Some are very difficult to tune out the understeer while others are not so bad but by default they all understeer.

These ridiculous, unfounded bullet points are the exact reason I've got you on ignore.

- Oversteer is essentially non-existent? Either you're the greatest FM troll since danielwhite, or you play with all of the aids enabled. Because that's just stupid.

- Again, stupid.

- Once again, stupid. That's three for three...you're rolling now.

- I won't even get into this one with you, but it does seem like you're claiming to know how each and every car handles themselves. Phenomenal.

- [Insert facepalm picture here]

- Waah! There's an artifical driving aid I can't disable. Waah!

These ridiculous, unfounded bullet points are the exact reason I've got you on ignore.

- Oversteer is essentially non-existent? Either you're the greatest FM troll since danielwhite, or you play with all of the aids enabled. Because that's just stupid.

- Again, stupid.

- Once again, stupid. That's three for three...you're rolling now.

- I won't even get into this one with you, but it does seem like you're claiming to know how each and every car handles themselves. Phenomenal.

- [Insert facepalm picture here]

- Waah! There's an artifical driving aid I can't disable. Waah!

• I never claimed oversteer was non-existent. I said oversteer only occurs in the case of power oversteer, which it does.
  • Are these two points "stupid"? The fact you're don't explain your opinion here effectively amounts to admitting defeat.
  • You don't need to have driven every vehicle in existence to know you can't just treat a car like one can in Forza 3 without screwing up majorly.
  • Another meaningless response which can only be interpreted as another concession.
  • This response pretty much sums up the mentality of Turn 10's fanbase, as does the fact you have me on "ignore" for stating the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back