From Scaff's Camera - Porsche Cayman R

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 85 comments
Thanks guys.

I really enjoyed moding and using the Bel Air (far more than I thought I would); very pleased with how the shots came out as well.

Good to see the positive reaction to the third shot as well, as that's my personal pick of the bunch, with the second one not far behind it.

Ta

Scaff

Nissan Skyline GT-R '71 - 'Street Racer'

And for a mini bonus a burn-out clip

As always any feedback is gladly received.

Scaff

Another group of very nice shots. Great sense of speed in the first and third. Lovely close-up in the second and the great angle in the fourth.

Keep it up :)👍

Nice shots again Scaff. Second one is my favourite, nice angle:tup:

Third and fourth i feel could be zoomed in alittle bit more

Keep it up mate :)

I love the last one, rear end shots are always nice ;) I just am not to sure about that spoiler though, it always looked weird on that car to me. Nice set 👍

flo
excellent shots shots! especialy the ones with the mountain in the back

Nice shots again Scaff. Second one is my favourite, nice angle:tup:

Third and fourth i feel could be zoomed in alittle bit more

Keep it up mate :)

I love the last one, rear end shots are always nice ;) I just am not to sure about that spoiler though, it always looked weird on that car to me. Nice set 👍

Thanks guys. The track and its backdrop do look excellent so I love trying to incorporate it into the shots when I can.

ImaRobot, I know what you mean about the spoiler, it needed one for the look I was going for with these shots, but that range available on the S13 is not great, so it was the only real option. Something a little more subtle would have been my preference.

My next set will be up soon, going French for that one.

Scaff

First shot is my favourite. I believe you mentioned somewhere that the tones just seem right and I agree. Good composition and sense of speed aswell. Very nice angle on the last shot aswell 👍

BTCC Integra '02

New project car, built and tuned for Class B and based on the BTCC Integra.

Scaff

Nice action in the first italia shot. Nice angle in the last shot 👍 Second shot i feel could use a little angle

Keep it up mate 👍

BMW M Coupe - Class A Racecar

Originally built as a Class S racecar it was too much of a handful (for me at least) so it was stepped back to Class A and suits me well at that level.

Scaff

flo
really nice! Like them allot
last one may have a bit too much aperture though, but it also looks interesting!

Thanks - The last one was deliberately shot with a small aperture (in photographic terms - not T10's weird numbers), as I didn't want the car getting lost in the background.

:)

Scaff

Ferrari Daytona Grp. 4

A few shots of my latest livery, based on the '70 LeMan Grp. 4 entry, this car i snow owned by Mick Mason (from Pink Floyd) and features in the book 'Into the red'.

3f986aa75a.jpg

Scaff

The two most recent Ferrari sets are just fantastic - really like the colour of the Italia, and Mason's car looks legitimate 👍

Also like the M Coupe - I need to get around to setting mine up for races, as I haven't done much past light driving in it, but the clown shoe is a blast around that level!

Thanks.

Really happy with how the Daytona came out, not bad for my first attempt at recreating a livery.

The M Coupe is great fun at the top of A, I did try it as S and found it almost totally undrivable if you wanted to be even close to competitive.

Scaff

The aperture works well in the last BMW shot 👍

Great livery on the Ferrari aswell. Executed nicely for a first attempt, alot of people get the logo proportions wrongs etc but this looks spot on mate

The aperture works well in the last BMW shot 👍

Great livery on the Ferrari aswell. Executed nicely for a first attempt, alot of people get the logo proportions wrongs etc but this looks spot on mate

Thanks. I'm happy with how the BMW shot worked out as well.

I'm pleased with my first attempt at a real livery as well, it took quite a while to get it all looking right, but it was worth the effort.

Scaff

Good job. Good livery to start with. Nice and simple with some challenging spots. Whats funny is if you didnt post a photo of the real car most people would think it looks " unfinished" when it actually is complete. Thats just how they painted up the race cars back then.

Doing a photoshoot with a Datsun, I don't think that's something allot of people would do, but these do look good! same goes for the ferrari with livery, Nice shots, and good livery too!

Good job. Good livery to start with. Nice and simple with some challenging spots. Whats funny is if you didnt post a photo of the real car most people would think it looks " unfinished" when it actually is complete. Thats just how they painted up the race cars back then.
Thanks. A lot less sponsorship back then so the cars do look very bare in comparison to more modern ones. Which does suit my current level of skill quite nicely.

flo
Doing a photoshoot with a Datsun, I don't think that's something allot of people would do, but these do look good! same goes for the ferrari with livery, Nice shots, and good livery too!
I know, but at F class its quite a fun little ride, had an excellent battle with the Lotus you can see in a few of shots, nice and clean and I'm glad to say I managed to best him on the final corner of the final lap (every one else in the show-off modern cars was a good 10 seconds ahead at that point - didn't matter at all however).

Scaff

Liverys make the 510 so much better. They are to plain for my taste without one. Nice action shots, i especially like the battle pics. Im also digging the little Piston X design on the back, nice little touch.

Liverys make the 510 so much better. They are to plain for my taste without one. Nice action shots, i especially like the battle pics. Im also digging the little Piston X design on the back, nice little touch.

Quite agree about the 510, dull looking until you do some work to it, livery and different wheels are a must.

Glad you like the Pistonheads logo, its a homage to my favourite motoring news website...

http://www.pistonheads.com/

...and gets an appearance on most of my cars (also available on my storefront - quick shameless plug).

Scaff

While I like the action in number 3, I feel the shot would be better off with less exposure.

While I like the action in number 3, I feel the shot would be better off with less exposure.

Not sure I would agree, as less exposure would have made the front end even darker and some of the detail would have been lost. Does give me the idea of playing around with some HDR stuff however (now I just need to find some time).

Scaff

Shelby Cobra S/C

Not a great set, but the by product of some testing at the 'ring with the Cobra.

Edit to add. Here's a video to go with it.

Scaff

Back