Frustrated? What have you broken due to GT4? Post....

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolacrille
  • 70 comments
  • 2,961 views
Messages
211
I think this could be interesting.

Currently (edit: i was before) I am in the 228 laps race at Fuji. Was in the lead on the 224th lap. What do you think happens? Yep. I barely get a mm of the left wheels outside the asphalt on the straight. SPIN SPIN SPIN. Almost four and a half hour wasted!
I fly up from the sofa, through the DS2 on the screen and the controller goes into pieces. The chord to the DS2 lifts my glass of red wine in the air which leads to a VERY big stain on the beige carpet. Right now I am so p*ssed I could run those freakin 228 laps faster than any car in the world!!!

My God!:ouch:

What have you broken?
 
kennythebomb
LOL

So you threw the DS2 at the TV screen?

yup. guess I was trying to kill the car or something. but hey wtf it's so frustrating!!! got to get a new carpet now too... ****
 
What you should of done is calmly counted to 10 and retry the race 👍
Or you could do what i would of done and chucked the ps2 out of your front door :) :)
in your case this would of probably been cheaper than a new carpet :dunce: :dunce:
 
coolacrille
I think this could be interesting.

Currently I am in the 228 laps race at Fuji. Was in the lead on the 224th lap. What do you think happens? Yep. I barely get a mm of the left wheels outside the asphalt on the straight. SPIN SPIN SPIN. Almost four and a half hour wasted!
I fly up from the sofa, through the DS2 on the screen and the controller goes into pieces. The chord to the DS2 lifts my glass of red wine in the air which leads to a VERY big stain on the beige carpet. Right now I am so p*ssed I could run those freakin 228 laps faster than any car in the world!!!

My God!:ouch:

What have you broken?

Don't drink and drive ;)

You can get away with it in Burnout - not in GT4 (Which is why I only do Tekken while under the influence ;) )
 
GranTuri55
What you should of done is calmly counted to 10 and retry the race 👍
Or you could do what i would of done and chucked the ps2 out of your front door :) :)
in your case this would of probably been cheaper than a new carpet :dunce: :dunce:

I actually turned the ps2 off quite violently afterwards with my fist, literally. first time it was off in three months! it's on again now though.. can't stop :)
 
Flerbizky
Don't drink and drive ;)

You can get away with it in Burnout - not in GT4 (Which is why I only do Tekken while under the influence ;) )
I knew someone would say that. Ther should be a thread about that. Not that I am drunk right now but it has happened and it is impossible to drive in GT4 while intoxicated....
 
not to change the subject, but the first time we got my friend drunk he was playing "Driver" (the first one). Man I tell ya, it's the funniest thing you've ever seen. And he thought he was doing really good too!

On subject, it seems like I broke a number of different things when I was playing my NES (the original Nentendo, for anyone out here under the age of 18), but I can't remember what.

I'm 24 tomorrow, and that last line there really makes me feel old! :nervous:
 
You had four laps to make it up. What's the big deal?

I find a swift half before a GT session helps me drive better. Never in real life though.

(and happy birthday, chevguy. I remember being 24 once...)
 
My one moment of psychotic rage was a while ago....NES era.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Remember that one?
There was a section in the game where you are in the sewers.
There was a certain jump you had to make to advance the game.
Every damned time I would get there and bash my head on some outcropping coming down from the roof of the sewer.
After multiple days of endless death and struggle to get back to that point I had had enough.
I pulled the cartridge out of the NES console and bludgeoned it with a chef's knife.
I was seeing white with unbridled rage!
I do think I caught glimpse of a whispy demon curling up out of the shattered plastic.

I also drilled my TV remote against the wall after Aspec-ing a few Formula Gran Turismo races in my Minolta.
Power failures can be very devastating....
 
Famine
You had four laps to make it up. What's the big deal?

I find a swift half before a GT session helps me drive better. Never in real life though.

(and happy birthday, chevguy. I remember being 24 once...)
what's the big deal? well i was going about 360kph when i spun. how much time do you think i lost? did it early in the race too and it took a long time to repair.... but who knows, maybe i could have fixed it but you know when it happens.... i cracked totally up!
 
Ive done the controller at the screen many times. but since getting the dfp i now have little dents in the GT logo each one for every hard race.LOL
 
1 1/2 pads :( broke one, kinda messed the other up but it was useable
 
I remember I deleted my San Andreas gamesave by accident (I know--ouch!) and I didn't play anything other than Burnout 3 for a month. It fit my attitude nicely at the time. ;)

But no, I haven't broken anything. Controllers, let alone memory cards, are expensive in my opinion.
 
Holy crap. Get some help.
 
Well I had GT4 running today(like I always do) and I got in a fight with the girl and I threw my mobile at the wall, not hard or anything, and lets just say my flip phone is now not a flip anymore :nervous:
 
GT4 has kept me sane while I was playing, mostly because I just screw around with it. However Midnight Club 3 made me go through an Xbox controller and put a nasty cut on the palm of my hand. But thats another story.
 
Gt4 is playable while "intoxicated" heehhe, I've done it...I did the whole dtm series whilst drunk..WOOHOO
 
Drinking while driving...

Driving while drinking...
 
probly like 13 controlers 6 consoles 1 crappy tv a few broken knuckles and i threw a 15 pound old turbo at the wall and put a whole threw the wall
 
when i lost the 74 lap Cote d Azur Formula GT championship in GT3 in my F1 when the tires were red and had no grip i spun out and the seconds place passed me and won by 4 ******* seconds. i threw by DS2 on the ground as hard as i could and i noticed there was no more force feedback, just whenever i should the DS2 i could here something jiggling around inside.
 
Lamboracer
Ive done the controller at the screen many times. but since getting the dfp i now have little dents in the GT logo each one for every hard race.LOL

HAHAHAH i do too except mine are pretty big......so were my knuckles after the punches but it really helped with the rage
 
Yeah I've lost a DS2 or two...they had reached their expiry date anyway and deserved my frustration :)
 
I have gone thought 5 controlers by slamming them on the ground. I also almost broke my friends arm i was so mad. Thats counts. That was about 4 years ago. Now i just say oh well and try again.
 
You should be stoked that it was still so tight after 224 laps that a spin could have cost you the lead, let alone the race. At least it wasn't boring.

As for drinkin' and GT4, my mates and I get together almost every weekend and get plastered and play GT4. The driving is much crapper, but it's not impossible.

As for breaking stuff - I smashed a TV remote when playing Formula 1 '97. I was doing the whole season, and racing at 100% race distance.

We were nearing the end of the championship, and I needed to win this race, and my main rival needed to finish fourth or worse, just for me to have any mathmatical chance of winning the cahmpionship.

It was about lap 64 out of 72, and I was 13 seconds up on 2nd place.

I can still remember it clearly, even though it was 6 - 7 years ago... :nervous:

My main rival was in sixth, and looking unlikely to do any better. I was buzzing thinking that I might have a chance, yet still concentrating to put in consistent laps.

As lap 64 nears an end, I come around the final corner, only to have my car BURST INTO FLAMES!
The remote control went towards the TV, missed but hit the wall and smashed!

It wasn't the losing, even though this was gutting, it was the waste of an hour or so in that race. Why couldn't I have failed on the start line, then it wouldn't have hurt as much. Also, there was the waste of the entire championship. Over 30 hours racing!

I didn't play much after that. Mainly 'cos I couldn't get my TV in AV mode with no remote... :(

PS: NZ$130 for a new one... :crazy:
 
I've never broken anything but I've come close, I'll pitch my controller aside sometimes without caution when I get frustrated and have knocked over a drink, sent my dinner flying, scared hell out of my cat etc.

I'm an SSX3 fan as well and it's just as frustrating to drop your big combo right near the end after you've put HOURS of practice into hitting that rail...landing that *close* Uber trick over that one jump, finally nailing the muliplier, etc.

I've got a DS2 that rattles cause I bounced it off the floor though the Rumblepack inside still works, and the R2 button sticks cause I crushed the thing in my hand one time after missing a platinum medal by 50 blasted points - 50 POINTS!!!

I'll play GT when I've been drinking but I notice over the course of the evening that my ability to win decreases significantly - I don't get mad then, I just have a smoke ;)

UMP
 
ive actually never broken anything except for my feelings..HAHAHAHAHA
no...actually i just stared at my screen for about 2 minutes...
i dont know if thats good or not but i guess im too calm...
 
Back