Frustrated? What have you broken due to GT4? Post....

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolacrille
  • 70 comments
  • 2,961 views
its funny i can play gt4 while really drunk and still put in consistent lap times. i dont go off the track any more than normal. something about being drunk makes me realize i have to concentrate even more.
 
elctrk!
its funny i can play gt4 while really drunk and still put in consistent lap times. i dont go off the track any more than normal. something about being drunk makes me realize i have to concentrate even more.

Likewise, but there comes a point where no matter how hard you concentrate you just can't color within the lines! (well, I suppose it depends on HOW drunk you get)

:cheers:

UMP
 
I've gotten mad a few times, but never enough to do any damage (I seems to have a 'limiter' that keeps me from breaking things that have cost me money), but a friend of mine got so angry playing Mario 64 that he took his controller outside and jumped on it. He said he may have lost a £25 controller, but the feeling of satisfaction was priceless :)
Alan
 
I dont drink havent done for years, but I do smoke the ummm green tobacco... well one day after Id run out I was racing an enduro in GT3 and I spun on the last corner losing the race.
Well I couldnt help myself and my TV went sailing out of the window of my bedroom on the second story. Ive had a ps1 and at least 3 controllers die the same way over the years.
 
Ok lets see...driving missions : 3 little holes in my wall, my ds2 smashed to the floor and become a half ds2 (it's true), and atleast 2 hours of swearing.
 
chinny
I dont drink havent done for years, but I do smoke the ummm green tobacco... well one day after Id run out I was racing an enduro in GT3 and I spun on the last corner losing the race.
Well I couldnt help myself and my TV went sailing out of the window of my bedroom on the second story. Ive had a ps1 and at least 3 controllers die the same way over the years.
Yikes - :crazy: Issues... :nervous:
 
chinny
I dont drink havent done for years, but I do smoke the ummm green tobacco... well one day after Id run out I was racing an enduro in GT3 and I spun on the last corner losing the race.
Well I couldnt help myself and my TV went sailing out of the window of my bedroom on the second story. Ive had a ps1 and at least 3 controllers die the same way over the years.


Thats why you should never run out fo that stuff! I like playing it after "smoking" because i get so in-tune with the cars. I pay more attention to details for some reason. Sometimes I think it has a backwards effect on me. But thats a good thing.

Ive played GT4 drunk many times and it does depend on how drunk you are. Wine-drunk is no good. I end up getting pissed to easily. Beer drunk is alright to play but hard-alcohol drunk is almost near impossible, for me atleast.

Im not a big drinker, but I do take my share in "partaking" ;) before i race.
 
ferrari_chris
As for breaking stuff - I smashed a TV remote when playing Formula 1 '97. I was doing the whole season, and racing at 100% race distance.

As lap 64 nears an end, I come around the final corner, only to have my car BURST INTO FLAMES!

:lol: I remember that... it was INFURIATING!! :mad: And people want to include this delightful 'feature' in GT5?? :lol: Imagine you had a'spontaneous' failure near the end of the Nurb 24 hour.... I could just imagine people saying "Oh, fiddlesticks... my car has just had a massive engine failure... but it adds so much to the realism of the game, I'm not mad at all... let's just try again then..." and calmly resume... NOT!

I've spat the dummy only on a handful of occasions, because I'm of the belief that if I'm getting that p1ssed off with GT4, then it's because I need to concentrate more and stop blaming the game... but I've only thrown the controller at my bed, hence haven't broken one yet...

San Andreas on the other hand has ellicted some more slightly violent responses, like when I collected all the photographs one night, only for the PS2 to crash when I was on about 95/100, and I hadn't saved since 45/100... :mad: I pciked up some empty CD cases and threw them at the wall and ripped the plug of the PS2 out of the wall... big kid... :ouch:
 
I never broke anything, but the AI (and sometimes my own stupidity) can get me out of myself. I start to swear :ouch: and curse :grumpy: and shout :mad: and scream :banghead: and call the m:censored:f:censored: s:censored:o:censored:a b:censored: c:censored:s:censored: a:censored: that spun me out of the corner and damn him and all his family, until my fiancee comes out of the room and ask "Which one of them hit you this time, dear?" :D
 
Giancarlo
Holy crap. Get some help.

seriously... i have no idea how people manage to get so worked up playing a video game.
i've been playing games since '88 when the NES came out... and never destroyed anything out of frustration. If its not fun, play something that is.
least thats my 2c.
 
Dr_Watson
seriously... i have no idea how people manage to get so worked up playing a video game.
i've been playing games since '88 when the NES came out... and never destroyed anything out of frustration. If its not fun, play something that is.
least thats my 2c.
sure. you've got a point, it's just a game right.... but hey, when you put hours and hours in to something, of course you get worked up! I love racing GT4 but when something goes to **** I kind of lose it... I think it's perfectly natural. Anything you put effort in you care about!
 
chevguy
my NES (the original Nentendo, for anyone out here under the age of 18)

I'm 24 tomorrow, and that last line there really makes me feel old! :nervous:

Happy Birthday!! Oh, I'm 17 and I've played Atari 2600, NES, SNES, everything and anything that came out, I've played (Thanks to my dad who used to play with me all the time ^_^). Anyways, throughout my short and pathetic life, I've destroyed many things. I've messed up several controllers (never broken because I pay for them) and I've severly hurt my hands. GT4 made me throw my DS2 up and on the way down, I punched it straight into my wall. I was pissed, but don't remember why (probably because I couldn't drift well =Þ). But when playing fighting games or puzzle games, I get crazy. I start punching things and people. =Þ
 
coolacrille
sure. you've got a point, it's just a game right.... but hey, when you put hours and hours in to something, of course you get worked up! I love racing GT4 but when something goes to **** I kind of lose it... I think it's perfectly natural. Anything you put effort in you care about!


well, its not even that its "just a game"
its that its "just time" or "just entertainment"
if you're watching a movie and the power goes out after investing an hour and a half of your time in it, do you get so pissed that punch a hole in the wall?

getting angry and breaking stuff because you lots a bit of time just seems a bit irrational to me.
 
Spyder_V
Happy Birthday!! Oh, I'm 17 and I've played Atari 2600, NES, SNES, everything and anything that came out, I've played (Thanks to my dad who used to play with me all the time ^_^). Anyways, throughout my short and pathetic life, I've destroyed many things. I've messed up several controllers (never broken because I pay for them) and I've severly hurt my hands. GT4 made me throw my DS2 up and on the way down, I punched it straight into my wall. I was pissed, but don't remember why (probably because I couldn't drift well =Þ). But when playing fighting games or puzzle games, I get crazy. I start punching things and people. =Þ

::carefully hides all puzzle and fighting games from Spyder:: ::runs away and hides from madman::

I know when i was younger I used to get really mad playing N64 (Mario Kart in particular) the computer would cheat SOOOO bad in 150cc and Extra mode. I would bang the controller on the ground and turn off the system. I would get pissed. Now I dont get mad at games because I always have the power to turn them off. Bwahahahahaha
 
Dr_Watson
if you're watching a movie and the power goes out after investing an hour and a half of your time in it, do you get so pissed that punch a hole in the wall?

Yes, even when it goes out in the middle of a 30 minute TV show. It's not that it's irrational... it's just fun and it takes out the anger VERY QUICKLY.
 
95GTIVR6
Thats why you should never run out fo that stuff! I like playing it after "smoking" because i get so in-tune with the cars. I pay more attention to details for some reason. Sometimes I think it has a backwards effect on me. But thats a good thing.

Ive played GT4 drunk many times and it does depend on how drunk you are. Wine-drunk is no good. I end up getting pissed to easily. Beer drunk is alright to play but hard-alcohol drunk is almost near impossible, for me atleast.

Im not a big drinker, but I do take my share in "partaking" ;) before i race.

I hate running out cause everyting's better when you're not (out)!
 
I take a leaf out of Ringo Starr's book... he once said that playing (in his case, music) when you were "derelict" in any way inevitably led to ****ty music... I have the same approach with GT4... there's nothing better than playing over a couple of beers with a mate, but don't expect your lap times to be any good!! ...but that shouldn't stop you!! :dopey: :cheers:
 
Touring Mars
I take a leaf out of Ringo Starr's book... he once said that playing (in his case, music) when you were "derelict" in any way inevitably led to ****ty music... I have the same approach with GT4... there's nothing better than playing over a couple of beers with a mate, but don't expect your lap times to be any good!! ...but that shouldn't stop you!! :dopey: :cheers:
now that's a good point! drinking and driving with your friends is okay, but not on your own!
 
Dr_Watson
if you're watching a movie and the power goes out after investing an hour and a half of your time in it, do you get so pissed that punch a hole in the wall?

Yes, but watching that movie takes no effort. Some of us have to work hard at GT4, and when you're suddenly doing good, then suddenly everything is gone, it's frustrating.

Still, I'm no fan of breaking things.
 
chevguy
Yes, but watching that movie takes no effort. Some of us have to work hard at GT4, and when you're suddenly doing good, then suddenly everything is gone, it's frustrating.

Still, I'm no fan of breaking things.
another good point. if youre watching a movie you can start it over. sure, you can start a race over but TRUST....it's not the same.... it's a lot of work racing. watching a movie: no work, only joy!

see?

btw: it's fun breaking things
 
coolacrille
another good point. if youre watching a movie you can start it over. sure, you can start a race over but TRUST....it's not the same.... it's a lot of work racing. watching a movie: no work, only joy!

see?

btw: it's fun breaking things


AND w/a movie you can start over WHERE YOU LEFT OFF - no chance of doing that in a race, you have to do everything all over again. A 2 lap race, no biggie - a 75 lapper is a different emotional investment entirely!

UMP
 
i punched my dfp and dented the GT4 logo slightly....and i cracked the casing of a ds2...and i bruised my knuckle up really badly....:-D that count? lol
 
MDT
My one moment of psychotic rage was a while ago....NES era.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Remember that one?
There was a section in the game where you are in the sewers.
There was a certain jump you had to make to advance the game.
Every damned time I would get there and bash my head on some outcropping coming down from the roof of the sewer.
After multiple days of endless death and struggle to get back to that point I had had enough.
I pulled the cartridge out of the NES console and bludgeoned it with a chef's knife.
I was seeing white with unbridled rage!
I do think I caught glimpse of a whispy demon curling up out of the shattered plastic.

I also drilled my TV remote against the wall after Aspec-ing a few Formula Gran Turismo races in my Minolta.
Power failures can be very devastating....


LOL!! I know exactly what your talking about. That game was one of the most difficult games I ever played, I never beat the game, I reached the Technodrome, then game over. Yea the sewers was a TOUGH one, as you have to jump on the very tiny cliffs successfully.
 
guess video-games are creating stronger emotions than any girlfriend could ever do...?
that's why i'm a playa... :sly:
 
I broke the rumble pack in both my DS2s a 3 years ago after playing a mission on Stuntman for three hours straight and doing the same with NFL street. This last thing I broke was the L2 button on the one controller when I slammed it on the ground cuz me PS2 stopped working cuz it was full of dust and wouldn't play any games. I haven't thrown a controller or anything in about a year and a half after being grounded two weeks for cussing out the game.
 
xXSilencerXx
I broke the rumble pack in both my DS2s a 3 years ago after playing a mission on Stuntman for three hours straight and doing the same with NFL street. This last thing I broke was the L2 button on the one controller when I slammed it on the ground cuz me PS2 stopped working cuz it was full of dust and wouldn't play any games. I haven't thrown a controller or anything in about a year and a half after being grounded two weeks for cussing out the game.
That Stuntman gave me hell too. I rented it from the video store, and so I played it for about 18 hours straight. Just the same bit over, and over, and over and over and over.......... :banghead:

Don't wory though dude, once you get your own place you can swear and break stuff 'til your hearts content, and there ain't nothin' no-one can do about it. :)
 
Spyder_V
Yes, even when it goes out in the middle of a 30 minute TV show. It's not that it's irrational... it's just fun and it takes out the anger VERY QUICKLY.

perhaps you should seek counseling for your anger management problems.
 
Dr_Watson
perhaps you should seek counseling for your anger management problems.

no offense to you dr but counseling cant do even a half percent of the releif of punching something can do, and besides if you ask any person who has actually tried their hardest and ended up messing up with no time to catch up they will tell you they got pretty damn mad
 
rage is very different from frustration and aggervation. the latter are normal responses to stressful conditions, violence is not.
if you routinely *snap* and smash things in a fit of anger, you have issues managing stress.
there is a line between getting frustrated, calling the game a rotten ****er, then restarting; and having a list of controlers and other objects you've smashed in a fit of rage.
one is a healthy relief of anxiaty, one is an unhelathy loss of control.
 
Dr_Watson
seriously... i have no idea how people manage to get so worked up playing a video game.
i've been playing games since '88 when the NES came out... and never destroyed anything out of frustration. If its not fun, play something that is.
least thats my 2c.
boring
 
Back