Frustrated? What have you broken due to GT4? Post....

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolacrille
  • 70 comments
  • 2,961 views
Exactly - just because it gets frustrating at times, doesn't necessarily mean it's not fun!
 
I lost the Roadster 4 hour endurance last night by 1.2 seconds i got rammed on the last corner. Still its only a game just keep nice and calm and try again tommorow :)
 
ANK
I lost the Roadster 4 hour endurance last night by 1.2 seconds i got rammed on the last corner. Still its only a game just keep nice and calm and try again tommorow :)
yeay.. calm right..
 
ppucci
I never broke anything, but the AI (and sometimes my own stupidity) can get me out of myself. I start to swear :ouch: and curse :grumpy: and shout :mad: and scream :banghead: and call the m:censored:f:censored: s:censored:o:censored:a b:censored: c:censored:s:censored: a:censored: that spun me out of the corner and damn him and all his family, until my fiancee comes out of the room and ask "Which one of them hit you this time, dear?" :D
Oh, man ! I totally feel the same, on occasion, :) and why?... it's just a game. Anyways if PD can get people to do this they've done a good job though. They sucked us in to the game.
 
I've broken so many controllers over the years, I bet I am well over 10. I have also broken stuff that the controllers were thrown at (I put a hole in a speaker once, broke a gameshark that was hanging off the back of my ps1, and cracked the front of a receiver). I remember with the NES once I had to vacuum up a controller (I was wearing boots that day).

I'm not happy about breaking stuff, I don't enjoy it - but it is only "stuff". I never turn my anger towards people or animals. I'm sure I could learn to calm down better, but frankly - "stuff" is replaceable, and console gaming stuff is downright cheap. I really don't have any incentive to NOT throw my controller. GT4 is the worst though. I think I'm on my third controller :-)
 
I put my fist through a window after losing a match on Kick-Off for the Mega Drive 5 years ago. Funny thing was, I remember it being a friendly match.
 
There just something about breaking something that makes the anger go away faster.
 
I know I would just get even more pissed off If I broke something...
 
well hmm i remember once i was doing a race in gt4, i cant remember which course, i think was one of the formula gt races, and i spun on the last lap being stubburn and not pitting. And i blew up screaming and shouting, but didnt throw anything yet. Later that day when i had calm down i tried my hand at one of the endurance races and he same thing happened again i spun on the last lap on the LAST TURN, aaaaarrgggh :ouch:.

In the end my ds2 was thrown across room and bounced off the wall in a million pieces, WHICH JUST MADE MY RAGE EVEN WORST CAUSING ME TO BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF MY PILLOW(THAT WAS THE ONLY THING I COULD FIND). luckily there were no living things around.
 
xXSilencerXx
There just something about breaking something that makes the anger go away faster.

the impending thought of the loss of money having to replace it tends to send you back to earth. although if your angry and breakable unwanted objects are about its better
 
chinko
the impending thought of the loss of money having to replace it tends to send you back to earth. although if your angry and breakable unwanted objects are about its better

Yah I know. Like I said I haven't broken any thing in year or two because the last time I broke something I had to pay for the replacement nad was ground for two weeks. My new anger release is to yell something at the game, turn it off, stomp off and then about ten minutes later I'm back playing it again.

Edit: I haven't managed to bust anything in half or million pieces. I just hit it hard enough to make it stop working.
 
Back