Frustrated with GT7

• Thread starter K_u_p_o_9
  • 36 comments
I typically use TC1 but it just depends on the car and the track. I used to struggle with traction when I was using an automatic transmission. I finally changed to manual and upshift right before the car will want to lose grip. I also changed the accelerator trigger strength to low or weak, can't remember what it's called right now, so it's easier to feather the throttle.

I can definitely see the motion control working well but I just don't like it. I tend to move my arms often when I'm doing stuff like talking or playing a FPS... Yeah I'm that idiot looking person that is moving the controller far over to the left or right and often over my head lol.

I can't wait to be able to use my new wheel for GT7 but in the meantime I'll stick to rolling the left stick to steer. It's awkward to do at first but it becomes super nice because you can control the stick with a pretty high level of precision and speed.

Yes, I agree about using the licenses and time trials to become a better racer. I typically just play so I can drive around in VR and just enjoy myself. I often like to do the Spa grind with different cars and try to keep beating my fastest lap during the race with some of the cars that aren't as fast at 800pp, and then switch it up by trying to find the fastest car to do my fastest overall lap.

The whole point of the rolling start is to put you farther behind the leader, a grid start would defeat that purpose completely. Everyone starts way to close then, you’d be P1 by T1 and then there is not even a chase the rabbit race, it’s just a time trial.
If the difficulty of the game and strength of the Ai was tweaked appropriately then that would not happen, surely? Accepting the the status quo because it has always been that way is why most of single player races are incredibly tedious.

If the difficulty of the game and strength of the Ai was tweaked appropriately then that would not happen, surely? Accepting the the status quo because it has always been that way is why most of single player races are incredibly tedious.
They can make the AI as good as any human player, they’re still AI, and they’ll still be boring to race against, since they are computers. If the cars around can’t think and react for themselves, then it’s just a boring AI race, regardless of how good they are. They can’t make rash or calculated decisions, you can’t get in their mirrors and force a mistake, and trick them into mistakes by taking alternate lines. AI just drive there line regardless, and I don’t know how anyone can find that in any way shape or form, Fun.

Last edited:
They can make the AI as good as any human player, they’re still AI, and they’ll still be boring to race against, since they are computers. If the cars around can’t think and react for themselves, then it’s just a boring AI race, regardless of how good they are. They can’t make rash or calculated decisions, you can’t get in their mirrors and force a mistake, and trick them into mistakes by taking alternate lines. AI just drive there line regardless, and I don’t know how anyone can find that in any way shape or form, Fun.
There is no "I" in the "AI" your are describing. Plenty of games where "AI" reacts to each action of the player, maybe one day GT would have decent enough AI to be more entertaining in SP mode.

There is no "I" in the "AI" your are describing. Plenty of games where "AI" reacts to each action of the player, maybe one day GT would have decent enough AI to be more entertaining in SP mode.
It won’t matter though, iRacing has great AI, faster than I can keep up with, it’s still boring. I can still hit pause anytime, or restart. That’s part of the thrill of racing, you only get one shot at the race, with no pauses or restarts. You can only get that racing against real people, with real thoughts and emotions behind the wheel of their car. AI will never be able to replicate that realistically.

Last edited:
Back