FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,049 comments
Don't know much about this car, but would you guys consider it rare or interesting?
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2976039447.html
5Nc5F75J93G23Ke3J8c4o5d7d6e3358bc1f0c.jpg

5E35F25Ma3K43I43H8c4od4e2bbcded0e1256.jpg

Saleen Foxbody?
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2972684588.html
5N45Ee5H23ka3Ld3H6c4m258fa9a823491147.jpg

Mazda Cosmo would be the better choice. I know couple SVX owners, and their cars are more often broken than working..

Mazda Cosmo would be the better choice. I know couple SVX owners, and their cars are more often broken than working..

Just to think I was looking at SVX's with such little knowledge. :ouch:

Nice find on the Cosmo! You should totally get it! :dopey:

I love this thread. I can spend hours trawling the classic classifieds imagining how I would blow my savings.

Yowza! Here's something you don't see for sale everyday.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C220341

The Cizeta-Moroder V16T, now known as just the Cizeta V16T, is an Italian sports car (built from 1991 to 1995) created by automotive engineer Claudio Zampolli in a joint venture with music composer Giorgio Moroder and designed by the famed Marcello Gandini. It was the only product of the Cizeta company. It was developed by a group of ex-Lamborghini employees and initially introduced in 1988

History:
The Cizeta-Moroder name comes from the spelling in Italian of the initials of the designer Claudio Zampolli (Ci-Zeta) and Giorgio Moroder. The V16T implies that its engine is a V16 unit mounted Transversely in the central rear position, just forward of the rear axle and behind the passenger seats. However, the engine was not a true V16. Rather, it was engineered from the ground up as two flat plane V8s sharing a single block, mounted transversely, with gearing between the two providing a single output from the center of the engine assembly to the longitudinal transmission.

Design:
The chassis was formed of an aluminum honeycomb structure, wrapped in a sleek body designed by Marcello Gandini, who had previously designed the Lamborghini Countach and some aerodynamic Maseratis. The shape of the V16T is actually an original design for the Lamborghini Diablo by Gandini when he was at Lamborghini. However, in 1987 when Chrysler obtained controlling interest in Lamborghini, their design team "softened" the edges and generally modified Gandini's original design, leaving Gandini famously unimpressed. Gandini then joined forces with Zampolli and they conceived the Cizeta based on Gandini's original design for the Diablo. Thus, in some ways, the car could be considered what the Diablo would have looked like had Chrysler not intervened. Zampolli is credited with most of the final rear design, while Gandini is responsible for the rest.

!!!OUR 1994 Cizeta V16T!!!
- The world's first V16 supercar
- One of only 7 ever produced (1991 - 1994)
- Second to last one built (number 6 of 7)
- Right Hand Drive (1 of only 3 built in RHD)
- Styled by Gandini
- V16 Engine (Top Speed 204 mph)
- Blue with Blue Leather (the only one in blue)
- 5 Speed Manual

NOW THE BEST!!!
- The Car is unregistered!!! (empty Title)
- It comes with factory Delivery Kms Only!!!

"PRICE FOR THIS CAR IS:$550,000!"

For further Infos, Details or Fotos feel free to contact me.
We speak as well: german, italien and czech language

If this is not the Car you re looking for or you have something special in Mind, just let us know as we gladly would like to help finding YOUR Dream Car!!!

That Cizeta is a money pit. If it hasn't been driven, there will be seized things here and there in it..

Just to think I was looking at SVX's with such little knowledge. :ouch:

Nice find on the Cosmo! You should totally get it! :dopey:

It got relisted again tonight... :nervous:
As cool as it would be to have, I do have concerns about getting returns on the investment :P

Last edited:
Since I now have a wad burning a hole in my pocket from selling my car I've been trawling ebay daily :lol: Some pretty cool ones popped up today, not uber rare but pretty scarce here.

choices choices..

I wonder which one I'd go for... 💡:P

Don't know much about this car, but would you guys consider it rare or interesting?
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2976039447.html
5Nc5F75J93G23Ke3J8c4o5d7d6e3358bc1f0c.jpg

5E35F25Ma3K43I43H8c4od4e2bbcded0e1256.jpg

Have you been to the Seal Cove Auto Museum on Mt Desert Island? It was a premier collection of early 20c cars. I know that the family was going to auction off a lot of the collection, but much of it was to remain on the island. It was tremendous to see it all together.

I also just found the site of an absolutely phenomenal broker in California. I'm sure I've seen some of these photos elsewhere, but I had never seen their site. They have an astounding collection of rare European offerings. Their inventory is here. They have dozens of detail shots for each lot. Here's an example of the type of vehicle they carry:

1954 Fiat Stanguellini Bertone Berlinetta, for $295,000:

56013.jpg

I think they may have been sold in the US? :odd: I saw another Honda N360 for sale here in Maine. They'd be interesting to own in the states. :lol:

Edit: Wiki says so...they were sold in the US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N360

Have you been to the Seal Cove Auto Museum on Mt Desert Island? It was a premier collection of early 20c cars. I know that the family was going to auction off a lot of the collection, but much of it was to remain on the island. It was tremendous to see it all together.

I haven't been to the Seal Cove Auto Museum, didn't even know we had an auto museum in Maine... Or Mount Desert Island... X_x

The 600 was sold in the states from 1970-72. I've seen one at a car show a year or so ago, floored me that it was around in the 70's when the roads were dominated by huge steel contraptions.

It's a 22 year old car with high miles and a bunch of stuff that needs servicing with no really good pictures. It's probably not even worth $3,100.

And most of that service could be done by oneself if you have the tools and such.. Besides, it's a classic, and former flagship coupe of BMW.

And most of that service could be done by oneself if you have the tools and such.. Besides, it's a classic, and former flagship coupe of BMW.

Right up to the point the electrics start to play up on it (and they will) and then its a very expensive trip to a BMW dealer (independent auto-electricians tend to run a mile from these).

Great cars, just a money pit in so many ways. Just one example is the ECU, or rather the three of them, each bank has a separate ECU and then you have one controlling those two, OBD was in its infancy back then so you get a problem with the timing and you will have no idea which of the two is causing the problem (the ECU for the bank on the master) end result you have to replace both.

Last edited:

Tools aren't cheap either, nor are the parts. Plus you have no idea whats wrong with it other than "transmission needs service and power steering leaks". Neither of those things are small fixes. You'd have to have rocks in your head to pay that much for that car, especially with a transmission issue.

There also isn't a picture of the front of the car so you have no idea what it looks like. It's like a MySpace girl with all the angles, she might look good from the picture but once you see her in person you've realized you've made a terrible mistake. Also not having a picture of the engine isn't good either.

Whoever buys that car is going to have a bad time.

Or, instead of taking it to dealership, you could go to salvage yard and look for tranny and steering rack that are in better condition than the ones in the car. IMO, this car is worthy of keeping on the road, thus, bit of elbow grease and time in phone is small sacrifice. I know, US has "abuse and ditchwhen something fails" attitude when it comes to cars, but here in Europe we still do actually fix the cars.

:lol: at finding a BMW in a junk yard. I go to junk yards all the time and I've never once seen a BMW that is worth taking anything off of aside from maybe a couple 5 series from the 70's. Plus they made 31,000 8-series worldwide over 10 years, finding one in a junkyard is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack, especially in the US.

Getting a transmission from the junkyard isn't very good either since you typically have to look at a ton of cars before finding one that might have a working one and even then you don't know. The trans I got for the Neon seemed good when we went over it but it still needed some TLC before it was working the way it should.

And it's not the attitude that you just throw away the car and yes in the US we do fix cars, but trying to fix a rare German car from the 90's is going to be nothing but a massive headache and a hug money pit unless you get the car for next to nothing. That car is probably worth at most $2,000 and even then it's probably worth more parted out than as a whole car.

Or, instead of taking it to dealership, you could go to salvage yard and look for tranny and steering rack that are in better condition than the ones in the car. IMO, this car is worthy of keeping on the road, thus, bit of elbow grease and time in phone is small sacrifice. I know, US has "abuse and ditchwhen something fails" attitude when it comes to cars, but here in Europe we still do actually fix the cars.

They still actually fix cars in the US as well, I just think you are seriously underestimating just how much money you may need to get this running.

You say just pop to a salvage yard, forgetting that almost everything on these was unique and they didn't exactly sell in huge numbers, and that still avoiding the whole electronics issue.

Are 850's worth saving, yes but you need a serious commitment and budget to do so, don't believe me then phone you local BMW dealer and ask to speak to the service manager about getting an electrical issue on an 850 fixed.

It doesn't need to be 850. 750's were a lot more common and shared components and whatnot. And Joey, please, step off your high horse.

Back