FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,038 comments
I was doing some random car browsing when I saw this listed.
97626070.jpg

97626077.jpg

There was also a 190E 2.3-16v Cosworth for sale on the same site that honestly feels tempting. But I will resist.

Last edited:
lol what the hell is that comments section
Yeah, BaT has a tendency to turn into an old automotive message board thread with popular listings. I can't imagine it makes it easy when you're an actual bidder and you've got questions for the seller.

Live out your Brian O'Conner fantasies as the Hero 1 GT-R from FNF4 is coming up for auction next month. This Skyline made it into the US without an engine and a RB26 later sourced, classifying it as a kit car and legal through that loophole. Paul personally modified this car to his specific taste, including the $8,500 display that shows the movie's race route. The car made it to the Netherlands before recently coming back, so it has an expired Nevada title. No estimates given, should sell fairly high thanks to the late Walker who helped the GT-R become so popular.

Edit* According to a reliable US importer of these cars, the advice is to stay away if you're in the US. The car may have a shady history when it was exported.

Last edited:
I mean, assuming it is a 2000 model, if you were based in Florida or somewhere else known for their legal grey areas, you could probably find a guy who knows a guy to store it for you for the next couple of years and skirt around the problem I suppose.

Blue F40 : O
Blu is up for sale once again. This is the 3rd or 4th time since it left its long-time owner in 2021.
168191552954185.jpg

Asking price is £2,000,000 which is under what the bid was for her during the CollectingCars auction. I think this car has hit its ceiling in the market now with people trying to quick flip it.

Blu is up for sale once again. This is the 3rd or 4th time since it left its long-time owner in 2021.
168191552954185.jpg

Asking price is £2,000,000 which is under what the bid was for her during the CollectingCars auction. I think this car has hit its ceiling in the market now with people trying to quick flip it.
I think its value, or perceived value, probably comes more from the fact it's undergone a full restoration, rather than the unique colour, as its not the cars original colour. I can see £2m being the current ceiling for a as new F40 quite easily. They made so many of them in the end compared to the 270ish 288 GTO's which are at about £3m right now.

I think its value, or perceived value, probably comes more from the fact it's undergone a full restoration, rather than the unique colour, as its not the cars original colour. I can see £2m being the current ceiling for a as new F40 quite easily. They made so many of them in the end compared to the 270ish 288 GTO's which are at about £3m right now.
This price is actually at the bottom end. The unique color works against it unfortunately & I’ve read in recent times the restoration, as professionally done as it is, was not by the factory which also works against it.

This car is around $2.5m USD if I have the conversion right & F40s are currently trading $2.5-$3m. Like new is around $3.1m.

Last edited:
1 of 7 Racing Lotus Elise GT1 for sale that has been listed for atleast a year now:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lotus/elise/1997/751479

Not sure how much they are asking for it but I can't imagine more than $750k-$1mil USD seeing as they had a very uneventful racing career and were essentially just there. Cool looking car but meh otherwise. I'd purchase it and make it road legal though.
Longer than that. You shared her back in 2021. :)

I would assume the engine swap would probably lose buyers who might want the original Type 918 V8 Lotus put in the car (as Wiki states only the factory went with the 5.7-liter Corvette V8 option). She was at Goodwood last month.

Which (whether or not the seller only allowed access for the Drive to write those legitimately-interesting articles to try and pump-and-dump it) I suspect is basically actually nearly worthless as opposed to the assumed worth of being one of the most valuable C4s ever made.

An already non-desirable car that was neglected to the point of destruction by previous owners filled with a bunch of 30 year old super prototype electronics that cost a fraction of the asking price to develop and install and don't work even if they weren't extremely obsolete vs pulling parts out of a Tesla some idiot wrecked jumping it in San Francisco and shoving them into an 84 with CeaseFire Injection. It's a cool story but just donate the damn thing to a museum. As it is all it was doing for the current owner was taking up space in his junkyard.

Last edited:
The copy states "Shoehorned under the hood is a Chevrolet LS3 V-8 crate engine" yet the underhood photo shows a LS2. Only 30hp difference, but you'd think the auction house would want to get their facts straight.

https://girardo.com/car/1994-nissan-skyline-gt-r-1/
1994 JGTC Nissan Skyline R32 for sale

038A7959.jpg

Not sure how much it's worth since JGTC cars very seldom go for sale but I imagine $300,000-$800,000.
That sold for $280,000 last August in Monterey.

Not sure what they’re asking but considering it fell well short of the est. $500,000-$550,000 it was thought to be worth at auction, I think $300,000-$350,000 is about as much they’ll see.

On another note, I’ll have to see if I can find it again, but there was a road-converted CLK LM available through POR I though it would peak your interest.

Edit* Here you are.

Last edited:
That sold for $280,000 last August in Monterey.

Not sure what they’re asking but considering it fell well short of the est. $500,000-$550,000 it was thought to be worth at auction, I think $300,000-$350,000 is about as much they’ll see.

On another note, I’ll have to see if I can find it again, but there was a road-converted CLK LM available through POR I though it would peak your interest.

Edit* Here you are.

Yeah that makes sense, I can't imagine the market is too big for JGTC cars and while it's a neat car it has very little use outside of trackdays.

About the CLK-LM I actually saw that car on a youtube shorts video recently but couldn't find any more info about it, i'm surprised I didn't somehow find out about that but i'm curious to see how much that one will go for, I know LMs aren't as sought after as GTRs but it's still a mid 7 figure car easily IMO though i'm not sure if having it road converted would affect the price I imagine it would especially on something so rare but I could be wrong.

Also while the auction says it's "made famous by Gran Turismo" or whatever it's not actually the Gran Turismo car and anyone who actually cared that it was in Gran Turismo probably would want it to actually have been in Gran Turismo.

Yeah that makes sense, I can't imagine the market is too big for JGTC cars and while it's a neat car it has very little use outside of trackdays.

About the CLK-LM I actually saw that car on a youtube shorts video recently but couldn't find any more info about it, i'm surprised I didn't somehow find out about that but i'm curious to see how much that one will go for, I know LMs aren't as sought after as GTRs but it's still a mid 7 figure car easily IMO though i'm not sure if having it road converted would affect the price I imagine it would especially on something so rare but I could be wrong.
How many CLK LMs were even built? I would assume their values today are dictated by whatever the last one sold for (similar to F1s and GTOs), regardless of condition bc they’re that rare and never change hands.

How many CLK LMs were even built? I would assume their values today are dictated by whatever the last one sold for (similar to F1s and GTOs), regardless of condition bc they’re that rare and never change hands.
IIRC there was 4 race cars and 1 roadcar, I recall seeing that the roadcar sold for around $3,000,000 though I could maybe be misrembering that from the racecar as it's hard to find any info on exact pricing for those cars in particular. As you mentioned cars that rare will never really lose value due to their rarity.

According to the auction, the only CCGT ever built, available soon at an est. £3-4 million.
Image.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Back