Fuji Speedway fastest lap challenge 1min 18,901

I did the fuji speedway in 1min 18.901 sec with the Mclaren F1 GTR fina
I've saved the replay and i'm going to upload it to this site, if it can be done.
If someone can beat me, please do so! I'm sure i can be done faster than that.

My average laptime over 10 laps is 1'18.5xx in the Fuji catch up test.......

I've gone faster in freerun since you can turn off the Traction control....

Okay, spot the people who haven't got GT4 yet!! :)

I'll certainly give this a bash too, since I need to get more mileage from Prologue, being stuck here in the UK without GT4....

I've never noticed my laptimes in the McLaren at Fuji, but I can do it in under 1.23:00 in the Woodone Supra...

Anyone using a DFP wheel?

I just use the original ps2 controller.

And Flarbizky how do you go faster without traction control? By doing drifts or something like that? I did my 1min18 lap with traction control on. My time in the Woodone supra is 1min25 something. But my guess is The Mclaren F1 is the fastest car for the lap, what do you guys think?

Johnhannibal
I just use the original ps2 controller.

And Flarbizky how do you go faster without traction control? By doing drifts or something like that? I did my 1min18 lap with traction control on. My time in the Woodone supra is 1min25 something. But my guess is The Mclaren F1 is the fastest car for the lap, what do you guys think?

It's called highly developed throttle control ;)

The Traction Control limits the cars output quite a lot. It's certainly faster without than with....

I'm using the DFP btw...

Check out this site... this page is specifically lap times from Fuji in the BMW McLaren... some scary stuff there... :scared:

http://db.granturismo.de/gt4p_arcade_track.php?classid=12&trackid=3

For future reference, check out the 'Spot Races and Lap Time Comparisons' forum on this site too... :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75

For the record, I managed a 1.17:381 last night (using the regular controller).... got a couple of 1.18:0xx without breaking too much sweat, but my best time took a while...

I found that accelerating out of corners in the McLaren is very tricky if you stay in 2nd gear, as it has a tendency to spin on you, so I only dip into 2nd very briefly and switch to 3rd early to reduce wheel spin... also, being gentle with the throttle is very important... if you press down fully on the accelerator as you exit a corner, prepare to spin!

As the man said earlier, it's all about throttle control.... 👍

TM

Touring Mars
Check out this site... this page is specifically lap times from Fuji in the BMW McLaren... some scary stuff there... :scared:

http://db.granturismo.de/gt4p_arcade_track.php?classid=12&trackid=3

For future reference, check out the 'Spot Races and Lap Time Comparisons' forum on this site too... :)
I'm kinda of suspicious to that 1.15.172 time but I think it's possible!
My time:1.16.220
Didn't drive to much but it's a good time! :)

my current time is 1:17.840, but i didnt try for a fast time, my record for the 10 lap race is 13.02.679 (doh, just over 12 minutes :( )
that counts for an average of 1.18.268 minutes per lap on average. I'll see what i can manage later on the day without opponents, should be really good :)

btw i use manual shift, dfp, and no aids (except for the license test ofcourse)

Horse_Power
Woodone Supra : 1'22.315
McLaren: 1'17.698

Nice time with the Woodone Supra :crazy: ... I got my PB at the weekend there, but annoyingly I was playing at a mate's house on his memory card...

Woodone Supra:- 1'22.879
McLaren:- 1'17.381

I hope people arent cutting straight across the gravel to achieve their times.....

I wouldnt, im just reminding you that a very fast time would probably be due to some shenanigans like that.

Im using a DFP, manual, and no aids.
But im driving GT3 at the minute, as i got sick of prologue.

vexd
I hope people arent cutting straight across the gravel to achieve their times.....

I wouldnt, im just reminding you that a very fast time would probably be due to some shenanigans like that.

Im using a DFP, manual, and no aids.
But im driving GT3 at the minute, as i got sick of prologue.

Hmmm, interesting issue here..... at Fuji, you can get away with straying off the course without failing a test (Fuji complete circuit test in the Woodone Supra, McLaren 10 lap license test), in several areas of the course, notably the B-curve (where you do the license test to with the VW Lupo...), where you can cut the first apex or over-run onto the dirt and not fail... You can also run wide on atleast two other parts of the circuit, where the ground is clearly cut up, therefore I consider these parts of the circuit legal. That said, both my times posted earlier were completely clean (i.e. atleast two wheels on the circuit at all times), but you can gain alot of time by cutting the apex at the B-curve, as long as you don't go too far. More often than not, if you deliberately try to cut this corner, you'll fail the Fuji complete circuit licence test...

Incidentally, the McLaren 10 lap test doesn't allow you to record individual laptimes, only your total time... therefore, McLaren individual lap times at Fuji can only be done in Arcade Mode, and hence are not subject to the possibility of failing and hence are less reliable as being 'clean laps'... in other words, the best measure of your mastery of this circuit is your best time in the Woodone Supra in the license test...

???? Whoever said that the F1 tend to wheel spin, LIES.
I put full acceleration on coming out of the first coner and nothing happend. :grumpy:
Any ways I got a 1:18.6- something. So im avaerage. :)

Impreza04
???? Whoever said that the F1 tend to wheel spin, LIES.
I put full acceleration on coming out of the first coner and nothing happend. :grumpy:
Any ways I got a 1:18.6- something. So im avaerage. :)

It will spin if you exit a corner in 1st and even 2nd gear.... you should be exiting the first corner in 3rd, so never much trouble there... but try giving it full welly out of the B-curve (the chicane near the end of the circuit) in 2nd gear and bingo... round you go.

Actually, i went into the options and found that TC was still on. :).
I thiough that when choosing your car you choose to turn ALL driving aids off.
It spun, but not so difficult to catch when it does.

I was late buying Prologue, had it just two weeks but i also bought the steering wheel a week after. It took a little while to get used to (3 days to get back to the same lap times) but its grown on me immensly, its much more realistic and the throttle control is great. The standard control pad is just too limiting for the throttle. So i would highly recommend it!

As for the times, i can't remember exactly, but around the 1.18 mark. I genuinely believe i can't go any faster though, so that 1min 16 second time i am doubtful about, very doubtful!

You can only get a good time with TCS off as to get a good exit speed out of the last chicane you need to be a bit sideways.. I have a feeling a lot of people with these super fast times take that little cut over the sandy stuff on that tight left hander near the start (3rd corner if you include the sweeping right-left)

-Rob

I got 1' 14.965 in my 2nd lap so does your record count on a rolling start or on a standing start?

if you don't belive me here is some passcode thingy:

27568279 34427074

77856846 876925

and here is my standing start try: 1' 18.706

i'll later put up apicture of the 1' 14.965 if you stil don' believe me

hi every body in the world of gt planet tk421 here i have done fuji speedway in 1min 16 .785 sec in the 2 lap mode of prologue .

I don't want to sound cynical, or come across like i'm really that bothered but i can't see those times happening, especially as its so easy to make a cut on two corners on this circuit and get a strangely similar time...

I improved my time by a few hundreths the other day, and i have done many, many laps (with Logitech). Maybe an absolute miracle man/woman could knock it down to a very low 1min 18secs time but better than that, bull****!

-Rob

BlackNSX
I don't want to sound cynical, or come across like i'm really that bothered but i can't see those times happening, especially as its so easy to make a cut on two corners on this circuit and get a strangely similar time...

I improved my time by a few hundreths the other day, and i have done many, many laps (with Logitech). Maybe an absolute miracle man/woman could knock it down to a very low 1min 18secs time but better than that, bull****!

-Rob

The best measure of your skills around Fuji is the License test in the Woodone Supra (where you cannot cheat)... any McLaren times should really be accompanied with a full replay if they are to be considered genuine... that said, I can say with 100% honesty that my 1'17.3xx in the McLaren is perfectly clean, and there is still room for improvement, so sub 1'18.xxx times are far from being BS....

Like I mentioned before, Fuji is an unusual circuit in GT, since you are allowed to cut some corners legally, as some run-off areas are considered part of the track... so judging whether a lap is clean or not may become quite subjective, but even saying that, you can still get sub 1'18's without leaving the tarmac at all...

One thing that the GTPlanet Weekly Racing Series will teach you is that there are people who are capable of pulling out some really stunning times that some of us will probably never achieve....

BTW, I take it we are all still using Prologue, and not GT4.... now THAT would make a difference...

TM

Touring Mars
The best measure of your skills around Fuji is the License test in the Woodone Supra (where you cannot cheat)...
Yes you can.Just after T1 on first chicane if you go over dirt part of the track you can gain lot's of time and Time Trail allows you that 👎
@Rob,here's my Woodone lesson replay:
You can watch it if you have Xport or Max Drive! 👍

Attachments

• 1.21.703.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 15
Back