Full car body with motion

• Thread starter Sim2Go
  • 125 comments
Lets not waste time and gather some parts while fixing issues with RX8.

IMG_20221228_173846.jpg

This time got beams cut to precise lenght to save half a days work cutting them with angle grinder. Main frame size will be 460 by 190, a little shorter than previous.

IMG_20221228_164449.jpg

Lets use experience and do things a little smarter and more customizable, meaning more hole drilling and a little less welding. Making platform adjustable and easy access to mount various car bodies is necessary.

This time around well done body suspension will be of a challenge. Hopefully, make things the right way as always intended.

Last edited:
Picked up nice body with blown engine for next thing. There are plenty to-do's, will start with welding up basic platform to play around with TL axis.

back.jpg

Took engine out without draining AC line, coolant pipes, should be able to convert into working one. Mounting compressor with 220v engine and joining circulation system might be easiest work as some sensors might need workarounds.

hood.jpg

Removed rear shock absorbers and drained front ones giving car all the bounciness. Removing engine made front of the car make quite a lift. I'm thinking about custom coil-over's for making right suspension and fitting actuators most compact and least effort requiting way possible.
Solving movement and suspension will give time to work with interiors to keep them close to stock. Nice android player might be solution for GranTurismo motion, sound system and over-all car control.

It feels really good spending time in garage

Some changes for season for RX as well.

IMG_20230222_173040~2.jpg
Recoated wheel feels great in hands.

IMG_20230216_210715.jpg
IMG_20230217_154213.jpg
Had to re-do coverings and re-paint as winter salt did no good.

IMG_20230216_210942.jpg
And added passenger seat with monitor in front.

Last edited:
This time spent more time doing things right and less time playing with angle grinder. Really happy with the result as the steering wheel is now adjustable and interiors are kept original. I see this as necessity for people who want to try out this.

Kept the E46 steering wheel with BlueHID for padle shifts and honky honky button. I'm thinking about changing covers to completely empty ones and cut one to keep +/- volume buttons and make them for FFB adjustment.

Pedals and their position are kept original as well. This was a bit time consuming. Removed vacuum and abs block and added cell / pot for brake / clutch from protosimtech pedals. Next time I'll spend more time into placing HPS into-instead of fluid bleeder place and make hydraulic cylinder move as it should. But I'm satisfied nonetheless, turned out great.

IMG_20230512_202925.jpg

Removed all the weight from bottom of the car and made some magic with air springs. Four of them in the shell bottom corners. Still waiting for manometers and some valves to come. Will be able to pump them to different bar readings to help distribute weight for each actuator.
Still no traction loss axis but hopefully it'll come. Having conversations with Shao, what a patient and great guy.

The RX is waiting for its time in warehouses near the beach and will come to make kids happy soon :)

received_111511455286159.jpeg

Last edited:
My homie Modestas down to give his Skyline for my place to become one kind of sim-cade-mulator.
Project would be between me and him meaning cost split as well. It would require set up legal business and take high risk while evaluating cost.
Hopefully get this on lift next week to observe whats possible with minimal interception in suspension and steering column.
She is getting her bodywork next month.
GTS-T 2.5 AT.

Have asked in few places and most responces I get is "not worth it".
Is this the point where I should stop chasing the dream?
For me it was GT3/4 nights which captured Skyline for what it is.

1.jpg
2.png

Pace car IRL?

Would it be possible to use such setup (ps5+vr2/projector+gt7+r34 pace car liverly) and run legal bussines without voiding terms with Polyphony @Jordan ?

3.jpg
16964360648985179652375464454976.jpg

Last edited:
Back