Fully Automatic A-Spec Grinding - *Video and picture*

• Thread starter Sincx
  • 561 comments
Sincx
Made a new topic for all the requests I got and the disbelief there is on the forums.

Seems there is a lot of interest in this method, which is no wonder really !!Since the amount of experience you need to grind between 36'isch and 40 is quite insane.
( This is where you will end up after doing all the events possible and even in between you STILL need to grind to get there 👎!!!! )

Some credits to Poyol as he came with the idea of automaticly restarting the race with a second input device. ;)
Original Thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157716

Below is a picture of the setup and now also a complete video. Can't make it much clearer then that !

Summery:

This guide is for easy Credits and Experience points in A-spec.
So you can just enjoy online racing, tuning, buying and testing cars, without spending hours to get enough cash yourself.
Or use it to reach LvL 40 without damaging your limited lifetime and brain itself ! :crazy:

Choose the Dream Car Championship in the extreme series and then
the first event being on the Indy course - 10 Laps.

You will gain 9818 Experience points and 108.000 credits in just under 8 minutes !! 👍:dopey:

Code:
Setup for the car: Downforce: Lowest 50/50 - The rest is default !

Options to change:
Automatic Gearbox
Traction control - 5
Skid Recovery - On
Active Steering - Mild
ASM - On
ABS - 1
And then make sure you rig your controller and keyboard as in this picture and below.

11012011382.jpg

:idea:The left stick is pointing to the right slightly, in exactly such a way that you still reach 400kph on the straights but you keep grinding the wall.
Test it out on the track to make sure you got the stick locked in the perfect angle and reach that speed of 400pkh on the long straights.

Without this last trick you will end up crashing and most likely have the car spinning against the wall for hours on end at some point,
and that we dont want offcourse !

Also make sure you connect your controller to the PS3 or it's battery will run out of juice.

:idea:When the event is ended the keyboard with the constantly pressed enter button will make sure the race gets restarted every time.
See my keyboard in the background of the image with a small piece of paper stuck in the keyboard at the numlock Enter button.
It will act as if the x button on the controller is being pressed over and over again.

Hope you got a spare keyboard with USB connection else you can't do much on your PC ( and PS3 obviously ) as like me!

So I just leave it running when I am sleeping and away from home to work, sport, work on my car, enjoy other hobbies and spend time with friends and family. :cheers:

Now you to can leave your PS3 running for how long as you want!
Just make sure it is standing up straight for better cooling and it is not covered in dust to prevent overheating. For the rest it will be fine.

For your own state of mind you can backup your savegame every few days.
This for the UNLIKELY event anything happens ( Flood, Hurricane, Power Down, PS3 dies, YLOD )so that you got your progress saved on the USB stick which then you have to keep safe offcourse.
Here a video I quickly put together to demonstrate the whole thing.
It will show the end of a race, the keyboard automaticly restarting the event again and how the car should behave when the race starts the first 3 laps.

Added the video the 'popup' made about the same time I made mine, bit bigger screen, same results.
All credits to him for it:

-6nm-BvtuT8

Hope this helps for people to enjoy the game without the need to grind credits themselves.

:)If you do not like this method or think it is cheating, that is fine with me.
With all respect please play the game the way you prefer, it's your life but please don't post negative comments and leave each to his own.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if PD even tested anything, except bugs... I mean, like how's gameplay in the game etc.
Because it's obvious, that the current leveling system is broken. 12 24 hour races from level 35 to 40?
This "super auto grind" method to actually be able to get level 40 in a-spec?
I wonder where's the game here... looks more boring than almost anything that i know. And i thought games were supposed to be fun... Oh well, it seems PD thinks different.

If Popup doesn't mind I have editted the post and inserted his video as well. 👍

And ye TJ31, even MMORPG's are less boring :P

To complete the game ;) For the rest its just easy money for your daily racing needs and perhaps leagues you participate in. Giving cars aways to friends who just started is also something that goes easier now.

Well at least the video in the first post is NOT IN PORTRAIT MODE.

LOL!!
I got a request to make a new video as someone suspects that my video/method is fake.

Will keep in mind to record in LANDSCAPE :P

Btw SincX, really good method there 👍

I have on question. Dont you need some thing to keep pressing the enter button or can you just hold it down once and it will go through collecting the money and then xp and restart the race?

I have on question. Dont you need some thing to keep pressing the enter button or can you just hold it down once and it will go through collecting the money and then xp and restart the race?

Yes you do, which is why SincX is using the USB keyboard.
Basically just get something to keep the "Enter" key held down.

DS3 + rubberband = AUTO accelerate and SLIGHT steering
USB Keyboard = Auto "ok" "ok" "Restart" after each race

Yeah i just got it. Like for example when you type and hold down the 'a' button it will write aaaaaa. I must try this asap. Way better then my set up!

Cool! Thanks for sharing :)

And forget about the rapid fire controller, just use a usb keyboard! :P
-Much easier to come by, and it's something lots of people have already, including myself.

i remember using the escudo the same way in gt3 (or was it gt4) endurance race around a similar oval back in the days...

Now if anyone would be so generous to give me an X2010. . .

Does this work on the indy 500?

EDIT: *facepalm* Obviously not due to running out of fuel/tires.

It kinda does I'm doing it right now.
I unplugged the power to my g27 and turned the wheel slightly to the right, put it in automatic and I have a weight placed on the gas pedal.

Now I'm just sittin on the couch with the tv playing through the stereo browsing gtp, all I have to do is steer it into the pits every 20 laps for fuel and tyres.

See Polyphony, see what your forcing player's to do? Jerry-rigging a controller/keyboard because they don't want to play your "perfect" game. GT Life is among the worst video game experiences I've ever had. Leveling up (if included at all) should be seemless - win all Beginner races, your now at the right level to race Amateur and so forth.

I am doing it to unlock all events. I want to drive the nurburg 4 hr and 24 hr.
The rest of the enduros I have no interest in but they need to be done. I'm not doing it for money as I have nearly everycar that I want, just the xp to level up, besides the money isnt that great.

Just easy money :) "Spend 1.000.000 for engine and body overhaul ?" Presses X without thinking. The exp. isn't that great but it helps I guess.

Game is terrible, just fail in the level system and alot alot alot alot more but that's another thread alltogether !

Did this last night... bumped me from 12 mill to 19... But i did sleep for a while. :D

was level 27... now 28(almost 29)... Its a long way to go eh?

Back