Fun cars to drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toast-n-bacon
  • 45 comments
  • 3,228 views
I have developed a strange love for the C5 Corvette Z06. It's probably the sound.....

I also tuned up a Mitsubishi 3000GT (GTO) that i bought with 120000 miles on it @to 600 horsepower and its mad fun smoking Ferraris and Lambos.... but the brake dive is pretty huge, considering I didn't refurbish the suspension.....
 
It's definitely more of a handful than the GT-R but keeping the rear end in check is half the fun! It's not out of control like some other RWD cars, in fact it's actually a pretty controllable car to drift.

Each to their own though. I haven't bought the Spec-V but the stock GT-R around the Ring is heaven. Beating that official lap time challenge was the most fun I've had with GT5

The SpecV is noticeably more fun; it responds much quicker and gently dances through the corners, letting the back loose just enough to blow a little smoke and to put a grin on your face but not enough to divert your attention to “Holy crap, don’t spin out!” 👍 And it looks damn good in White Pearl on gold Volk CE28s. :sly:

The LFA felt too much to control to be fun; sure I could manage it, but not enough of my attention was on going fast for me to call it “fun.” Really, any car is fun, but we’re talking relatively, here. ;) Maybe if I had pedals for better throttle control (and I’m too set in my ways to try adjusting to using the top controller triggers or the right stick :dopey:).

Also worth mentioning, if you like classic American muscle, is the Camaro RM. It sounds fantastic, has a lot of power, it’s light, all things considered, and is really tame, but still quick. Great fun driving it on the Nür at dawn; just as the sun is peeking out. :)
 
My goto car is the Ford GT Lm Test II from the dealership. Fully tuned.
When I put it on the track, it feels like every other car is a Nerf gun and my car is a flat black HK416 assault rifle. The car is just perfect in every way. Zero goof factor, all cool. Very satisfying. If my Ford GT is a knife, then your car is a banana.

The Mustang Mach1 is a blast, as is the SLS and SLR.

I keep trying to like the Nissan GTR, but it feels bland. Like white bread or plain rice.
 
Mercedes 190 Evolution II bone stock straight from the used car dealer. Was a blast for me around the Rome track.
 
I had a lot of fun doing the AMG Challenge in the 300SL, in the wet. The thrill of turning the wheel just to induce the slightest amount of oversteer, and feathering the throttle to keep the oversteer in check. :)
 
FTO Super Touring. I bought this today and my, it drifts round the corners yet you can control it so easily.

I actually had a fun online race with it on Eiger Nordwand Short Course. I was in the lead by roughly 8 seconds with 1:01 laps until lap 4 where my tires were absolutely done... I ended up fifth... :P

It's a real blast and is probably one of the better cars in it's BHP/Weight Range.
 
Pure fun for me is the Suzuki GSXR-4 concept. It's a screaming beast with the Hyabusa engine and all tuning mods put into it.
 
I love the NSX R, it has just the perfect amount of oversteer.

Also the Corvette C5, handles great, and I love listening to the 6th gear kicking in.
 
The Mclaren MP4-12C. A bit of a handful compared to similar cars in it's class (Such as the 458 Italia), but god is it fun to drive. The acceleration is just out of this world.
 
I think the FD2 Civic Type R with sport hard tires is a really fun car to drive.
Sounds great and handling is amazing.
 
Mclaren F1 - Wild and unruley, but extremely fast and so much fun.
Ferrari 512BB - Classic car perfection, brilliant to drive.
Nissan Silvia Aero 02 - Brilliant drifting car. great fun to drive.
Honda Civic Type R EK97 - Cool little car, turbo lag + Vtec kick in makes for some smiles at high revs.
 
Ford GT '06 still is and probably will always be my favorite. It can keep up with the best tuned Nissan GTR's, even at the ring! It's insanely fast when driven well =)
 
How much power can be expected with a fully tuned Samba bus?
 
My goto car is the Ford GT Lm Test II from the dealership. Fully tuned.
Don't use ABS on it. use braking 2 / 1. It's such a wonderful car to drive without ABS.
[/quote]
The Mustang Mach1 is a blast.
[/QUOTE]

Yellow-black Mach1 FTW
 
Back