Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,235 comments
  • 5,818,548 views
I prefer not having lag and buffering while watching a live event. :sly:

Touché.

I do still watch a bit of live racing on Eurosport on the box but that's about it. For everything else I use a computer.
 
My VirginTV box has a great feature; as you fast forward the programme and then it play when the ads have finished, it skips back a few from when you press play, the faster you're skipping forward, the longer the 'rewind' so to speak, so at 6x, it will skip back about 10 seconds.
 
My VirginTV box has a great feature; as you fast forward the programme and then it play when the ads have finished, it skips back a few from when you press play, the faster you're skipping forward, the longer the 'rewind' so to speak, so at 6x, it will skip back about 10 seconds.

That would annoy me to no end! :scared:
 
No, it's perfect. My DirecTV does the same. You're forwarding, and when you see the program has resumed, by the time you hit play you're several seconds into the program. The DVR backs up those few seconds by itself when you hit play, to account for your reflex delay.
 
Well, before the programme resumes, they usually swap from product adverts to ones for TV shows on the channel/associated ones. Then you've got the "Sponsored by" advert, which gives you enough time to slow down.
 
Well, before the programme resumes, they usually swap from product adverts to ones for TV shows on the channel/associated ones. Then you've got the "Sponsored by" advert, which gives you enough time to slow down.
That's not foolproof, they're normally about 20 seconds long so can be missed easily.
 
Well, before the programme resumes, they usually swap from product adverts to ones for TV shows on the channel/associated ones. Then you've got the "Sponsored by" advert, which gives you enough time to slow down.

This is my tactic. Works a treat every time.
 
We don't tend to get them in the UK that much, but it is increasing.
 
Wow, I never knew so much TV guidance could qualify as funny pictures. Amazing what one can learn!!!

funny-tech-picture-to-use-on-blog.jpg
 
^Dark - but humorous, like the RobotChicken gags :lol:
 
Wow, I never knew so much TV guidance could qualify as funny pictures.

I only got the last one. My GTPBox skipped the bits between pictures but went back a post to make sure I didn't miss a picture.
 
Back