FWD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 173 comments
Has anyone tried many of the other FF cars yet? I might have a go with some of the less favourable FFs on the weekend . I am very near my limit with the Integra maybe can get a 2:17.8xx if I am lucky :)
There's a high 2:17 with a Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99 (my car in real life, if it could have the same weight of the Integra maybe it could be as competitive in this combo :D , well, mine is the '98 model, front and rear lights are slightly different), if you're interested I can post the car settings tomorrow.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried many of the other FF cars yet? I might have a go with some of the less favourable FFs on the weekend . I am very near my limit with the Integra maybe can get a 2:17.8xx if I am lucky :)

:cheers:

Here is my list of cars used so far, I have a couple more to try before going back to the Integra.

Honda Integra Type R '04 2:16.362
Honda Civic Type R '08 2:17.383
Hyundai Tuscany CCS '03 2:17.762
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 2:18.490
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 2:18.903
Renault Sport Clio RS '11 2:19.107
Mazda6 concept 01 2:19.447
VW Golf V GTI '05 2:19.563
Pontiac Sunfire GXP '02 2:19.679
Suzuki Swift Sport '07 2:20.496
Mazda Kusabi '03 2:20.646

Here is my list of cars used so far, I have a couple more to try before going back to the Integra.

Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 2:18.90

I am asking this with respect and admiration and in no way do I want to sound like I am picking on you, you have always been open to answering questions, so I have to ask.

Your P13 now and only a few tenths from a solid Top 10, why do you use the slower cars when you clearly can make a run at a top finish?

You drove a freaking Swift faster than I could the Integra R so I'm no where near your league but, it would drive me nuts to be that close to the top 10 and not try every chance I had to finish the best I could.

Got a gold time of 2:25.986 using my Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary '13.

Tires:
  • Sports Tires: Hard
Suspension:
  • Racing Suspension: Soft
  • Racing Brakes
  • Brake Balance: 5/10
Transmission:
  • Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Final Gear Ratio: 4.000
  • Max. Speed: 162 mph
Drivetrain:
  • Fully Customizable LSD
  • LSD Settings: 5/45/5
  • Triple-Plate Clutch
Engine:
  • Engine Tuning: Stage 2
  • Sports Computer
  • Racing Exhaust
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Intake Tuning
Weight:
  • Weight Reduction: Stage 2
  • Window Weight Reduction
  • Ballast Weight: 132 kg
  • Ballast Position: 50%
Driving Aids:
  • ASM Setting: Off
  • TCS Setting: 5
  • ABS Setting: 5
  • Active Steering: Off
Performance Points: 499PP
Max. Power: 390 hp
Weight: 1,296 kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 49/51
Max. Torque: 332 ft-lb
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 3.32 kg/hp

Last edited:
I am asking this with respect and admiration and in no way do I want to sound like I am picking on you, you have always been open to answering questions, so I have to ask.

Your P13 now and only a few tenths from a solid Top 10, why do you use the slower cars when you clearly can make a run at a top finish?

You drove a freaking Swift faster than I could the Integra R so I'm no where near your league but, it would drive me nuts to be that close to the top 10 and not try every chance I had to finish the best I could.

No offense taken and not the first time I have been asked that question, lol.

There is a couple reason why I guess, one is my goal when I started to do TT's was to learn to drive better and then get one Top 10, when I accomplished that I kinda lost interest. Second is I enjoy driving different cars and the same cars every few weeks was/is getting boring.

A good byproduct of trying different cars is I learn the fastest line without the frustration of chasing time. I have maybe 30 laps using the Integra between the three times I have used it and have dropped around 1.5 seconds and I attributed most of it to familiarity with the proper line.

And lastly I get to accessorize with pink paint on cars I never see used :)
image.jpg image.jpg

There's a high 2:17 with a Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99 (my car in real life, if it could have the same weight of the Integra maybe it could be as competitive in this combo :D , well, mine is the '98 model, front and rear lights are slightly different), if you're interested I can post the car settings tomorrow.
Thanks , I would be very interested in the settings :)

Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 2:18.903

Thanks for the list:)
I will try them all along with some others 👍

Obviously my times will be nowhere near those that you achieved "Your Awesomeness" :lol::lol::lol:

But I will expect to get Gold at least with them all :)

Last edited:
Thanks , I would be very interested in the settings :)
You're welcome, this is what I was using:

CAR DATA
========

Maker ............... : Hyundai
Model ............... : Tiburon Turbulence '99

Performance Points .. : 500
Track ............... : Mount Panorama

No oil change

POWER PARTS ADDED
=================

Engine tuning stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

OTHERS
======

Racing Brake Kit
Fully Customisable Suspension
Fully customisable Transmission
Fully customisable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
All weight reductions
Improve Body Rigidity

SETTINGS
========

Power (BHP) ......... : 349
Torque (kgfm) ....... : 37.5
Weight (Kg) ......... : 1055
Tyres ............... : Sport Hard / Sport Hard

Ride Height (mm) .... : 155/75
Spring Rate ......... : 2.82/5.00
Dampers (Compression) : 1/7
Dampers (Extension) . : 3/4
Anti Roll Bars ...... : 3/6
Camber Angle (-) .... : 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle ........... : 0.10/-0.10
Brake Balance ....... : 5/7

LSD
===
Front ............... : 10/25/5
Rear ................ : --/--/--
Front/Rear Torque ... : --:--
Downforce ........... : ---/---
Ballast Weight ...... : 0
Ballast Position .... : 0
Power Level ......... : 99.0%

TRANSMISSION
============

Initial Final Gear .. : 5500
Max Speed: 180 km/h
1st .... : ---- 2650
2nd ... : ---- 1950
3rd .... : ---- 1550
4th .... : ---- 1250
5th .... : ---- 1010
6th .... : ---- ----
Final Gear .......... : 3100

AIDS
====
Active Steering ..... : OFF
Traction Control .... : OFF
ABS ................. : 1

I'm probably going to be wrong but I think it is HP vs. BHP, 96.2% is 349hp x 1.014 is 354 (353.866).
96.2% 349/225 is with sports computer,racing exhaust, high rpm turbo, sports converter and exhaust manifold.

You can get a little more power (351hp/220@ 99.9%) with stage 3 tuning, racing exhaust, and high rpm turbo or
(350hp/223@ 98.5%) with sports computer, semi racing exhaust, exhaust manifold, sports converter and high rpm turbo.

I have no idea which ends up being the best, I just like seeing what changes what with the numbers, lol :)

Thanks Rajman for the initial tune and WhoosierGirl for the additional set ups. It is great to be able to use other's genius! I've used all three and was amazed at the difference. Basically for me it is all about minimizing wheel slippage exiting the corner at high rpm and each tune above is slightly different in this regard.

I ended up with another option that allowed me to get a 2:17.835. Hope this tweak helps someone else! One interesting thing about this set up is it is faster above 120mph than the current leader's ghost. Not sure why that is. I'm guessing they sacrificed top speed acceleration for something that allows them to corner better.

347hp 988kg 2.84 kg/hp
Power Limiter 96.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
High RPM Turbo Kit

Thanks Rajman for the initial tune and WhoosierGirl for the additional set ups. It is great to be able to use other's genius! I've used all three and was amazed at the difference. Basically for me it is all about minimizing wheel slippage exiting the corner at high rpm and each tune above is slightly different in this regard.

I ended up with another option that allowed me to get a 2:17.835. Hope this tweak helps someone else! One interesting thing about this set up is it is faster above 120mph than the current leader's ghost. Not sure why that is. I'm guessing they sacrificed top speed acceleration for something that allows them to corner better.

347hp 988kg 2.84 kg/hp
Power Limiter 96.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
High RPM Turbo Kit
Could you post your gear setup please mate.

I have a dc2 track car with a dc5 engine IRL so I was really looking forward to trying this TT!

Oh my goodness, this is why you don't turbo hondas...

Had a try for the slowest time at Bathurst ever...
Currently in 3rd worst, 2nd is our very own GTSail by 16 seconds... but if you spin that round I was 16 seconds faster!
Both of us were well down on the ultimate slowpoke who hails from Japan.

I was doing okay but like a donkey, I freewheeled down the hill - cutting minutes off my lap time.

"Look at that Pommie guy go!" As several drunk Aussies said, yesterday.

No offense taken and not the first time I have been asked that question, lol.

There is a couple reason why I guess, one is my goal when I started to do TT's was to learn to drive better and then get one Top 10, when I accomplished that I kinda lost interest. Second is I enjoy driving different cars and the same cars every few weeks was/is getting boring.

A good byproduct of trying different cars is I learn the fastest line without the frustration of chasing time. I have maybe 30 laps using the Integra between the three times I have used it and have dropped around 1.5 seconds and I attributed most of it to familiarity with the proper line.

And lastly I get to accessorize with pink paint on cars I never see used :)
View attachment 255026 View attachment 255034

Thanks for the response, I used your idea and knocked a half second of my time using the CCS for an hour and then going back to the Integra. Well Done WG.

Ryk
Had a try for the slowest time at Bathurst ever...
Currently in 3rd worst, 2nd is our very own GTSail by 16 seconds... but if you spin that round I was 16 seconds faster!

You gave me a 16 second drubbing???

What were you driving, some kind of horsepower monster???:lol::D

Need to find more speed......:cheers:
GTsail

I was in my Marie Schrader New Beetle - And you really gather a lot of speed down the Conrod straight. - But , Braking Bad.
(Terrible!)

Not content with everyone using a Honduh, or a VeeDurp to win this, i decided to go WAY the other direction...and used a Mazda Protege. The 2002 Mazda Protege. I managed a 2:25.818 with a DS3, and some shoddy lines. So i know there is more to be had, at least three quarter of a second to someone who is trying. Suprisingly capable car though. Feels like a little touring car.

CAR DATA
========

Maker ............... : Mazda
Model ............... : Protege '02

Performance Points .. : 500
Track ............... : Mount Panorama

No oil change

POWER PARTS ADDED
=================
Everything but Nitrous

OTHERS
======

Racing Brake Kit
Fully Customisable Suspension
Fully customisable Transmission
Fully customisable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
All weight reductions
+1 wheels
Rear Wing (default downforce)
(test with and without Body Rigidity, i did it without, YMMV)

SETTINGS
========

Power (HP) ......... : 368
Torque (Ft. Lbs.) ....... : 253
Weight (Kg) ......... : 1000
Tyres ............... : Sport Hard / Sport Hard

Ride Height (mm) .... : 80/90
Spring Rate ......... : 3.00/3.00
Dampers (Compression) : 3/3
Dampers (Extension) . : 4/3
Anti Roll Bars ...... : 5/6
Camber Angle (-) .... : 1.5/1.0
Toe Angle ........... : -0.10/0.00
Brake Balance ....... : 6/7

LSD
===
Front ............... : 15/30/10
Rear ................ : --/--/--
Front/Rear Torque ... : --:--
Downforce ........... : ---/---
Ballast Weight ...... : 21
Ballast Position .... : -50
Power Level ......... : 96.6%

TRANSMISSION
============

Initial Final Gear .. : 5500
Max Speed: 180 km/h
1st .... : ---- 2239
2nd ... : ---- 1527
3rd .... : ---- 1123
4th .... : ---- 0.865
5th .... : ---- 0.699
6th .... : ---- 0.591
Final Gear .......... : 5500

AIDS
====
Active Steering ..... : OFF
Traction Control .... : 1 (too much wheel spin from light weight otherwise)
ABS ................. : 1

Could you post your gear setup please mate.

Sure, I'm using Rajman's base tune so:
Set final to something like 5.500 (I forget exactly might be 5.750)
Set max speed to 112mph
Then see if you can get 1st gear to be 3.358 and 6th to be 1.249. If not then you have to reset and choose a different final.

1/3.358
2/2.614
3/2.070
4/1.703
5/1.434
6/1.249

Last step is to set the final to 3.000

I gave up of this time trial some days ago because I'm stuck on 2:19:800 and can't do it better even trying many different tunes with Honda Integra Type R '04. Anyway, I'm happy to be on top 500 until now.

By the way, that's my first post. Before it, I was just a long time reader :lol:

I gave up of this time trial some days ago because I'm stuck on 2:19:800 and can't do it better even trying many different tunes with Honda Integra Type R '04. Anyway, I'm happy to be on top 500 until now.

By the way, that's my first post. Before it, I was just a long time reader :lol:
I've been in that situation many times Paps, thinking I've reached my limit and couldn't improve. Then out of the blue I'll pull off a good one, and another good one and then I'm back in it again looking for tenths or even hundredths of a second.
You still have a few days left, plenty of time to have a spell then have another crack at it. Good luck.

And thanks for posting your gear set up tmsmiffs, I'll give it a try.

Used tmsmiffs gears and have knocked off nearly 3 tenths, down from 2:20.350 to 2:20.065.
I can hear 2:19 calling..........

Ryk
I was in my Marie Schrader New Beetle - And you really gather a lot of speed down the Conrod straight.

Yeah, the down-hill speed gets pretty scary on the Conrad:scared:, so I find that down-shifting into a lower gear will ease my heart palpitations.:eek::D

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

I was testing some other cars today, but no one comes close to the Integra DC5.

2:18,026 - Peugeot 206 RC '03
2:18,032 - Mini Cooper S '11
2:18,076 - Mazda Axela 23S '03
2:18,111 - SRT4 '03
2:18,712 - Seat Ibiza Cupra '04
2:20,758 - Fiat Barchetta '00 (488PP)

Last edited:
Sometimes when I hit the wall here I watch the cars behind me go past, happy of course that they were behind me up until that point.
However, recently I have noticed that CargoRatt is not there anymore. His ghost is missing.
Anyone know why or how that has happened?

And I have just knocked off over 1/2 second from my time, now on 19:475 @ pos #374.

Just noticed, my time...19:47.....the year I was born.

Last edited:

View attachment 255026 View attachment 255034

This works very well. :)

Decided to go back to the Integra today, after testing some other cars yesterday. Improved by nearly 0.2s after some laps. :D

Down to 2:15,971.

Sometimes when I hit the wall here I watch the cars behind me go past, happy of course that they were behind me up until that point.
However, recently I have noticed that CargoRatt is not there anymore. His ghost is missing.
Anyone know why or how that has happened?

It's because the game only allows for ten ghost-lines to be shown at a time, and you will only see the ten that are closest around your time, once you are a certain amount of seconds ahead of people on your list, it's 4 [I think], the game considers it unnecessary for those ghosts to be shown, and it is the same with those in front of you on your list, you will only be shown the ones that are less than 4 seconds ahead of your time. You have to play catch up to see the ghosts any further ahead than that. This is what I gather from seeing how it happens with my list of ghost-lines whenever I improve on my time. 👍

Back