g25 counter-steering tips

wow, thanks for the nice feedback guys :) nice encouragement there thanks đź‘Ť

yeah i s'pose you're all right, the pad is easier but less rewarding. I'm hoping i can become maybe another 1-2 secs quicker but if not then i'll still practice...because as you say practice is key, i got a 1'55.4something on fuji with stock r8...got to keep going!

thanks again guys...it's frustrating trying to regain your level of skill on something completely different but as said before...practice :)

If you think you are struggling with times in the R8, start with something slower. Race car drivers don't just hop into a supercar, and post blistering lap times just like that. Since you seem to be having troubles with grip, I can assume its throttle control that's causing this. I suggest hopping in a car with less power, but still an FR setup. Something with less power can still break traction, but it's easier to catch and learn with because when it starts to go, it's easier to save. Work your way up from something more manageable.

i have, i started in a c4 then focus then jag xk then evo x then r8 then 430, and is that lap time really bad? because i'm beginning to hit the wall, though i'm still going to try and practice.

thought i'd let you all know that ever so slowly i'm getting there...i wasn't even trying hard and i put a 1'11.6 in on the high speed ring with s2's on the tuned corvette...i was amazed how much better i could control the car and i got a 1'54.6-something with the r8 on fuji...i still spin out occassionally but it's just more fun! Thanks all

Last edited:
My tip is not to run the wheel too heavy. Last time i drove a car it had power steering, as do almost all the cars in this game. I dont get more feel from runing on 10, i ran mine on 4 and found it more than sufficient. Just grab a RWD car and practice drifting on suzuka east. Stay with the same car until you can run it well then switch it up. Try not to just use muscle memory.

Back