:( g25 Doesnt feel the same no more

  • Thread starter Thread starter tonyt3rry
  • 37 comments
  • 3,805 views
Messages
110
Messages
tonyt3rry / GTP_tonyt3rry
It might just be me but i cant seem to control my car anymore i seem to be oversteering more, loosing aceleration on corners. Havnt got a clue where to start ive tryed messing with the force feedback and steering strength. Could somebody please help me out, Kinda in the mood to get rid of my g25 and gt5p
 
It happens to me too. I need to reconfigure the wheel setting from "amature" to "simulation". I think it felt even better than before.
 
Yep. All configurations for Audio and Controls were set back to default. Change steering back to simulation because its set on amateur :P
 
i woudnt really know to be honnest ive never touched the steering stuff before and always kept the physics normal simulation is too hard for me, I really hope i can fix it it just seems like all the practice ive done since buying the game and geting the demo has been a waste of time :(. I do love gt5p, but this is really puting me off now
 
Yep. All configurations for Audio and Controls were set back to default. Change steering back to simulation because its set on amateur :P
what about steering assist and force feedback
 
i woudnt really know to be honnest ive never touched the steering stuff before and always kept the physics normal simulation is too hard for me, I really hope i can fix it it just seems like all the practice ive done since buying the game and geting the demo has been a waste of time :(. I do love gt5p, but this is really puting me off now

2 words.

Practice.

Perseverance.
 
Word @osg

you have the best racing wheel ever and so you got to practice...
 
EVERYTHING went back to normal...
 
You need to practice laps until you begin to get better and better lap times. It does take a while. I was put off from GT4 and the DFP initially. It took half a year for me to set consistent laps. Remember, we all had to start somewhere.

It sounds like you're not braking early enough for the corners. You are also using too much gas to exit, causing you to power-oversteer. Wait until the car is reasonably straight before accelerating out. While impressive to watch, it is hard to accelerate forward if you're going sideways. Also, remember that the throttle and brake pedals are not full-on/full-off switches. They have degrees of input. Learn to feather the pedals. A less powerful car to start with helps too. Eiger Nordwand with the ///M3 or Corvette is suicide for a beginner.
 
I've been practicing since, changed the steering to sim and i was shocked i was able to drift the amuse s2000 easy i also managed to use drifting to get faster lap times on my corners. I suppose your right in practicing. like I said it was like all my practice was for nothing, but now it alls feels the same as before but BETTER. thanks for the advise guys
 
The wost thing its u have to realay the gas to change the gear in manual clutch mode
 
quick question
Isnt the G25 ALWAYS in simulation mode?
like even if you go to the steering option, the first two wheels are blacked out (meaning that option has nothing to do with the first two wheels?)
 
havnt a idea bud, I just thought after messing about with it the handling improved drasticly
 
g25 feels the same too me. just the cars/tires feels different i think. anyways, i hate that the weel woggeling a little left-right if you give it a twitch....understandable while in speed, but its acting like that too when your car is standing still.
 
I think it feels better when cornering. I feel I can sense the gradual forces on the wheels better. Haven't noticed any changes when the I loose grip. Settings: Simulation, power steering off, force 4.
 
It happens to me too. I need to reconfigure the wheel setting from "amature" to "simulation". I think it felt even better than before.

that only works for the DFP and older wheels.
 
My 1st post! Nice forum.

My lap times have fallen since the 1st August update. IMO the G25 driving experience is better now, and combined with the better track physics, driving is more fun. TDB

:)
 
I agree that it feels better. Only problem are misshifts - the slightest gas and you're stuck in neutral. I get why they implemented this against powershifting but they've really taken it to the extreme. Some amount of gas should not be an issue.
 
My 1st post! Nice forum.

My lap times have fallen since the 1st August update.

Everybody's times have dropped, S tyres just have so much more grip now (too much IMO).


Oh and Welcome to GTPlanet.
 
My lap times have fallen since the 1st August update.

I spent weeks trying to get the ZO6 under 1,50 at Fuji F before the update and my best was 1,50.7
Updated yesterday afternoon and i've already done a 1,48.9

I had to change all the settings back after the update, I wasn't very happy with the 'no more flatshifting' but i'm getting used to it now.
 
quick question
Isnt the G25 ALWAYS in simulation mode?
like even if you go to the steering option, the first two wheels are blacked out (meaning that option has nothing to do with the first two wheels?)

You are correct, with the DFP is the same, Amateur and simulation do not affect to those wheels, that onlu affects to de Driving force EX and the older ones.
 
Everybody's times have dropped, S tyres just have so much more grip now (too much IMO).


Oh and Welcome to GTPlanet.

If you want less grip, use the S1 tires o better still the N3. I'm trying to post some TT with S1 and see if I can be in the top 20 against all the S2s. So far I'm closing it on Daytona Road (pro with Nissan GT-R).
 
My 1st post! Nice forum.

My lap times have fallen since the 1st August update. IMO the G25 driving experience is better now, and combined with the better track physics, driving is more fun. TDB

:)

That's true but in the same time I kind of feels much more confident breaking a bit later. I think the throttle / Tyres combination at the corners are better now.
 
Which wheel to do you configure the G25 under in settings again?
 
Finally I took the pledge after so many of you told me about this amazing steering wheel.... G25 has been ordered. Will be taking delivering on the 12th. I can't wait for this bad boy. Also it gives me enough time to build a custom cockpit.
 
Yeah i might take the plunge also and pick up a G25? tho the GTForce has been great to me, im so looking forward a new toy to play with.
 
I think I also got a great deal at Best Buy. Every thing with of course 2 years warranty for only $319. Tuesday can't come any sooner. Thank God I've driven before with steering wheels so, not a novice when it comes down to changing from a D3 so a G25! haha.
 
Nice price, im sure thats way cheaper than what i could at local store in Aus.
 
Nice price, im sure thats way cheaper than what i could at local store in Aus.

Actually, I got my G25 for $295 at Dick Smiths, and I think it's gone cheaper again now with them charging $265 or something. ;)
 
Back