G25 pedal squeaking

• Thread starter Mr Sausage
  • 1 comments
Australia
Australia
My G25 pedals have acquired an annoying squeak when the throttle pedal is used. Brake and clutch are perfectly fine. Strange thing is I can't readily find why they are doing it - nothing seems to be lose, lacking in lubricant or significantly worn. It did begin after installing the GTEye springs however I even lubricated the springs and the red barrels when re-assembling them and made sure all the screws were done up properly and torqued correctly.

I'm a bit reticant to pull them apart yet again when the first time I pulled them apart to attempt to fix the squeak, it made absolutely no difference. Short of smothering them everywhere in lubricant I would prefer a more precise approach :)

Anyone had a squeaking issue with G25 / G27 / G29 series pedals - and if so what was the culprit?

Thanks

Finally got around to servicing them. I was very surprised to note the squeak was coming from the teflon-based (white) bearings at the base of the accelerator pedal. Upon further inspection it looks like after 6 years of solid use, even teflon is subject to wear. I could have put new bearings in as I have a brand new spare set of pedals but instead decided to thoroughly clean out the whole bearing then lubricate the teflon faces with Krytox grease (and Penrite lithium based grease for the steel screw rod that goes through the bearing itself).

It now works flawlessly (just as good as brand new - if not better). Out of interests sake, I also serviced the brake and clutch the same way, however the level of wear on these two was negligible compared to the accelerator.

Back