G25 settings

• Thread starter munik
  • 55 comments
can someone explain the differences of the G25 settings in GT5p?

what is active steering?

what are the differences between amateur, professional and simulation for steering type?

what is the use of power assist?

finally what settings do you use on your G25?

thx ;)

Active steering helps you a bit...
Amateur, Professional, and Simulation, just like what it says, if you choose amateur, it will be really easy and arcade to turn the car. In sim, the wheel tries to simulate racing wheel and FFBs as in real life.
Power assist, its what every car has, Power steering.

For me I use my settings:
Simulation mode
Active steering: OFF
Power assist: ON ( you can turn it off for the F40 car, since that car does not have one in real life)

So pretty much I always set up to SIM options with my wheel.

Ah, and for the cars that Use Clutch in real life, I turn the clutch on, and for the cars that Use sequential in real life, I use the sequential paddle shifters, or the box.

Amateur, Professional, and Simulation wheel settings do nothing for the G25, DFP or DFGT.

I personally have stupid assists like Power steer and active steering off, they are mostly just to help wheels like the DFP that have a lot of resistance.

In the European copy, there is no G25 setup screen right?
You can assign buttons to G25 via DFP or the new GT DFP wheel option?

2mxgbgo.jpg

Thanking you muchly :)

See what I would like is to set the left button on the wheel to "look left" and the right button to "look right", but then when you press both together for it to be "look back". Guessing there's no way to do this?

:(

there's only one question for me : why the G25 is not officialy supported by GT5 P ????

i just got it today and i m not so happy after some races

it's a very good wheel , high quality ...... etc , but it seem some "road informations " are lost between DFP and G25
when your car start to drift whith front wheels , whith the DFP , the force feedback move a little the wheel , and with the G25 .............. nothing !!!!!

i don't find anything in wheel setting about that :ouch:

Maybe you can try to set the force feedback higher.
It's in the steering wheel options screen.

Maybe you can try to set the force feedback higher.
It's in the steering wheel options screen.

still push at the maximum 👍 , a little better

whith the DFP , when you put right wheels on the grass ,the wheels turn on right and forced you to turn left to come back on the road
whith the G25 , only a vibration and you stay on your line , no need an emergency left turn :ouch:

without this "little problem" , it's an excellent wheel 👍👍

i've seen in tune settings a parameter called "max steering anlge" with values 30 up to 50...

i've changed the value of this parameter in minimum and maximum value and i don't notice any diference

i though that was steering anlge to adjust the max steering anlge in my wheel (G25), but don't work for me...

so... is there any option for make equal the angle in the real wheel that makes agree with the wheel of the car in the game? is possible?

Thanks ;)

:(

there's only one question for me : why the G25 is not officialy supported by GT5 P ????

i just got it today and i m not so happy after some races

it's a very good wheel , high quality ...... etc , but it seem some "road informations " are lost between DFP and G25
when your car start to drift whith front wheels , whith the DFP , the force feedback move a little the wheel , and with the G25 .............. nothing !!!!!

i don't find anything in wheel setting about that :ouch:

Really?

Any confirmation from some other G25 owners?

I'm in the market for a wheel. The G25 was really all that I was interested in, but this is disconcerting news.

Anyone else notice any of this?

;)

G25 had more realistic Motors rather then cheaper DFP. More real to life :)
In reality your wheel does not move as DFP, but more as G25. It still need improvements tho.

i must say it´s very difficult to countersteer a slide with the g25, i dont know how iam suposed to do but everyting i do the car goes out of control.! tried with my Momo Force with 270degres it work beter but the pedals suck!, if the g25 had a degree option so u can adjust it manualy it would have been better, for now it´s notatall a simulation just ****ed up.

I rather have sim mode, and learn to drift like real drifters..
Besides, counter steer on G25, it almost does it for you.. I have no clue what you mean IT's hard to do. Im no Professional Drifter yet, but I can do a turn with a nice slide or 2 :)

I find the G25 awesome in GT5P, after trying to drift with the DFP again (at a friends house) I am sure glad I have the G25. I don't see how it is hard to countersteer with the G25, DFP is much harder, as it has so much resistance and you cannot rotate it fast enough if needed.

I find the G25 awesome in GT5P, after trying to drift with the DFP again (at a friends house) I am sure glad I have the G25. I don't see how it is hard to countersteer with the G25, DFP is much harder, as it has so much resistance and you cannot rotate it fast enough if needed.

Hmmmm.... Interesting... Ok...

Anyone else want to chime in?

For reference, I am referring to the FFB strength and realism of the G25 as compared to the DFP (or more importantly, the new Logitech GT5 wheel).

;)

HELP PLEASE !! so sad about this lols.
:ouch:
I just got GT5 prologue 2day!! so awesem but wen i hooked up the G25 everything was fine incl steering Hpad shifter etc..
THE BRAKE PEDAL ONLY WORKS NOT ACCL OR CLUTCH!! WHY WHY OH WHY!!!!
my G25 works perfect on GTHD everything is gwd but on Prologue .. i just duno how to fix this!! SUM1 PLEASE HELP!!👍👍👍👍

I might be a little biased but after having a go with a mates DFP yesterday i am so glad i spent the extra.
I spent today playing around with the older dodge viper on the high speed ring (slip streaming the M3 running deeper into the corners then drifting up the inside when the M3 runs wide out of the corner :)) and my G25 was twice as good as any other wheel i've ever used. Its hard to explain but to me the G25 feels softer maybe but more accurate if that makes sense? Its easier to make slight subtle steering inputs than it is with the DFP.
Like i said, i'm probably biased but combined with a decent cockpit, nothing comes close for me.

EDIT: To be fair though, my wheel cost more than twice as much as my mates and in terms of value for money, i couldn't split them.

i can't find a thrad where was talking about the clutch (how to turn it on) but i had problems when i saw START word and push triangle, nothing happens.. so i find out that when you see START at the begining of the race you need to push a "reverse" button

i can't find a thrad where was talking about the clutch (how to turn it on) but i had problems when i saw START word and push triangle, nothing happens.. so i find out that when you see START at the begining of the race you need to push a "reverse" button
I'm not sure what you mean but if you want to know how to engage the clutch, you need to push the "traingle" button after the word "start" appears. You can only engage the clutch when you have control over the car, when you are driving the car, not when the game is driving it.

Hope this will help.

:)

The 'triangle' button on the shifter, not the control pad. Its not really marked as triangle, but its the uppermost black button on the shifter.

A G25 or a GT5p problem? I can't put a car, any car, in reverse when I'm using H-pattern mode with clutch enabled. Normally, if you push down the gear stick and put it in 6th gear, you'll get reverse. It doesn't work!

Is it GT5p glitch? Anyone else with this problem?

A G25 or a GT5p problem? I can't put a car, any car, in reverse when I'm using H-pattern mode with clutch enabled. Normally, if you push down the gear stick and put it in 6th gear, you'll get reverse. It doesn't work!

Is it GT5p glitch? Anyone else with this problem?

It is not a glitch. you might have problem with your shifter.

Back